Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:52:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Ring of Dishonor - Ryan Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Ring of Dishonor - Ryan Tannehill  (Read 13394 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 15, 2019, 11:03:01 pm »

A top-ten draft pick who was being counted to to turn the fortunes of a franchise in a rut, Ryan Tannehill failed to live up to Miami's expectations and sabotaged the team during the seven years he was here.  With a different quarterback who could play better, Miami certainly would have more success.  It is entirely possible that they could have won the Super Bowl with better quarterback play.

In those seven years, Miami only won ten games in a season twice.  They made the playoffs only once.  He failed to win a playoff game.  Everybody on this site has as many playoff wins as Ryan Tannehill.  Quarterbacks with more playoff wins over that time period include Brock Osweiler, Matt Schaub, Colin Kapernick, and Blake Bortles.

He finishes his Miami career with a losing record, despite being given countless opportunities to prove that he could win.  Coach after Coach tried to turn him into a winner.  None succeeded. 

Tannehill supporters make arguments about his supporting cast, but those arguments do not hold water.  If Tannehill was really a good quarterback, he would have won anyway.  To blame other factors for Miami's failures during his tenure here is simply making excuses.  The reality is that success is solely the result of the talent of the individual, which is something Tannehill lacked. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 05:59:57 am »

Get the fuck outta here with this shit, Ryan was only a small part of the problem.  Him never having an offensive line his entire career is worse.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 11:08:07 am »

I was not a huge Tannehill fan, but you are ridiculous.  It isn't his fault that the Dolphins spent a high first round pick on what was essentially a Wide Receiver trying to learn how to play QB.  We'll never know if he was any good or not because he had ZERO offensive line talent during his entire tenure here.  He was a middle of the road QB who if he had a decent offensive line might have been a slightly above average QB.   But to talk about him being in the Ring of Dishonor says a lot more about your understanding of football than it does about Tannehill's talent (or lack of). 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:08:53 pm »

That is just making excuses.  His failure is on him.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 03:15:42 pm »

As yours is on you.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 03:49:16 pm »

Things are going pretty good for me right now, so I don't know what you are talking about. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 05:15:51 pm »

This thread says nothing relevant about Tanny.  But speaks volumes about the football knowledge of a poster.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 09:24:21 pm »

This thread says nothing relevant about Tanny.  But speaks volumes about the football knowledge of a poster.

Just using your logic, which you so eloquently stated in the Superbowl 53 thread

You want to believe that Brady's success is all luck.  And others failures like your own are all bad luck. And you will ignore what you can clearly see to continue keep that view. 

But the reality is while luck is a factor, success does not come from luck, it come make the best of your good luck and preserving thru bad luck.     

I am sure it is easier for you to sleep with the thought that others successes come from good luck, and your lack of success comes from bad luck.  I won't convince you otherwise, because that would require more than you understanding football, it would require you to alter you own life view.   

Thank you for changing my understanding of football.  I now see that Miami's failures during the Tannehill era were entirely the fault of Ryan Tannehill.  If he was successful, he would have won no matter what his teammates or his opponents were like.

This is also why Marino is the 30th best quarterback of all time.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 09:45:30 pm »

So if Tannehill is 100% responsible for the Dolphins' record over the last 7 years, does that mean that Joe Philbin and Adam Gase carry 0% responsibility?  I've never heard anyone say that Belichick deserves no credit for the Patriots' success with Tom Brady, but I guess that is your position.

My own position is that there are many factors, and they all contribute.  Brady's record is not 100% luck, nor is it 0% luck.  Tannehill's record is not 100% due to his play, nor is it 0% due to his play.  But I suppose that viewpoint may be too complicated for some to understand.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 09:49:24 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 08:42:11 am »

So if Tannehill is 100% responsible for the Dolphins' record over the last 7 years, does that mean that Joe Philbin and Adam Gase carry 0% responsibility?  I've never heard anyone say that Belichick deserves no credit for the Patriots' success with Tom Brady, but I guess that is your position.

My own position is that there are many factors, and they all contribute.  Brady's record is not 100% luck, nor is it 0% luck.  Tannehill's record is not 100% due to his play, nor is it 0% due to his play.  But I suppose that viewpoint may be too complicated for some to understand.
Mark the tape, I agree with you 100%
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 04:27:16 pm »

Things are going pretty good for me right now, so I don't know what you are talking about. 

I was referring only to the stuff you post here.  I would never say anything insulting about you or your life outside of TDMMC.  I don't take anything seriously enough here to sway my opinion about anyone personally. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 05:19:21 pm »

Anyway, Tannehill is definitely not ring of dishonor worthy. Unfortunately, he’ll just be another nameless body on the side of the road that has been the Dolphins’ arduous journey in replacing Marino.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 10:16:19 am »

Tannehill was the best QB we've had since Marino barring one miracle season of Wildcat & Chad Pennington. Regardless of his losses ... he is so far above of being out on the Ring of Dishonor it isn't even funny.

Side Note: I hate that Penny gets so much credit for that season when in fact it wasn't until the Wildcat that things turned around. Miami went 10-3 over the remaining 13 games of the season, finishing the year 11-5 and making the wildcat forever famous in the NFL.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 01:45:05 pm »

Tannehill was the best QB we've had since Marino barring one miracle season of Wildcat & Chad Pennington. Regardless of his losses ... he is so far above of being out on the Ring of Dishonor it isn't even funny.

Side Note: I hate that Penny gets so much credit for that season when in fact it wasn't until the Wildcat that things turned around. Miami went 10-3 over the remaining 13 games of the season, finishing the year 11-5 and making the wildcat forever famous in the NFL.

Yeah, Pennington doesn’t deserve credit for that.  I was a play designed specially to not involve the QB. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 02:36:02 pm »

Adjusting for era, Jay Fiedler was probably better than Tannehill.  But Tanny is the next best.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray