Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:33:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who do you want the Dolphins to Draft in the first round?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Who do you want the Dolphins to Draft in the first round?  (Read 3828 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 20, 2019, 09:30:10 am »

Personally, I would love it if Ed Oliver dropped to us, he's my number one choice realistically.  

I'd like an edge rusher, but I'm afraid all the elite ones will be gone.  I wouldn't be upset if they took Haskins, assuming he dropped to us, or an offensive lineman, although I  think all the choices are a bit of a reach.  I'd love if they traded down and took a OL in the bottom of the 1st.

Walterfootball is crazy though, he has us taking WR D.K. Metcalf, 6-4/228.  I'd riot if they spent this pick on a WR.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:27:13 am »

I'm all for getting a stud at the DL or OL.  I know it might not be a sexy pick, like the Minkah pick last year (loved the pick), but if Flores & Co. are building the foundations for long-term success this is where it starts, in the trenches.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 11:17:52 am »

Whomever the best OL in the draft is.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 11:22:40 am »

I am kind of leaning towards trading down a few spots to acquire more picks unless there is a few can't miss guys when it's our turn to select.

Barring that, O-Line or D-Line but no reaches.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 09:56:59 pm »

Lock
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 08:02:09 am »

Depends on who is available when the Fins pick.   Grin
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 09:37:13 am »

I reeeeally like the O-line talent in this class, top-to-bottom, so I'd probably not drop a first rounder at that position. You'll be able to get excellent talent and good value at OL in rounds 2-4.

I'm not sold on any of the QBs in this class, so I'd avoid using the first round pick there as well.

D-line is obviously the biggest strength position in this class, both inside and outside beef. If Ed Oliver is available, I'd have no problem seeing him in a Phins uniform. I'd also have no problem with an outside edge rusher like Josh Allen or Rashan Gary, should either one drop to Miami.

Walterfootball is crazy though, he has us taking WR D.K. Metcalf, 6-4/228.  I'd riot if they spent this pick on a WR.

OK...if you were 99% certain that Metcalf would end up being Terrell Owens without the mental baggage...a no-doubt hall of famer...would you still not want him at that spot?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 09:45:39 am »

^^^Maybe riot was a bad term.  I wouldn't like the pick, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong if he were TO without being mental.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 09:58:14 am »

^^^Maybe riot was a bad term.  I wouldn't like the pick, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong if he were TO without being mental.

I believe that "mentally stable TO" is his upside...and I haven't heard anything about his character/motor-vation that would raise any potential red flags.

The NFL has really only seen one WR prospect come into the league with as impressive a combination of size and speed, and that was Calvin Johnson.

Still not 100% sure I'd spend a top-15 pick on him either, but man...he really could end up being something special.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 10:10:42 am »

Okay, you've changed my mind...didn't take much.  I wouldn't be upset if they drafted him.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 11:26:59 am »

Okay, you've changed my mind...didn't take much.

Can we talk politics next? Wink  (just kidding)

I am still hoping that someone goes crazy about Haskins (or Bosa) and offers the 49ers an insane trade package to move up. I really don't think it will happen, but that's my hope. If SF stays at #2, I'll be stoked with either Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams. If we bump down to the #7-10 area, I'd love to see LB Devin White on the 49ers.

~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 07:50:13 am »

I wouldn't mind a guy like Ed Oliver.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 10:48:22 am »

I hope they draft a big, mean and nasty defensive lineman. Rumor has it this draft will be to bolster both sides of the line. I hope that is true.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 11:03:18 am »

I hope they draft a big, mean and nasty defensive lineman. Rumor has it this draft will be to bolster both sides of the line. I hope that is true.
There are large, big DT later in the draft (320+lbs).  Oliver is smaller, would be great as a 3-4 end.  We could address both in this draft.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 04:13:46 pm »

The next Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor would be nice.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray