Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:34:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Fixing the post season ref problem.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fixing the post season ref problem.  (Read 1123 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: March 26, 2019, 04:00:25 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/26/sean-payton-hopes-nfl-stops-using-all-star-officiating-crews-in-playoffs/

I agree with Payton.  Use the 4 best reffing crews, not the best individual refs in the post season.

Let the best individual refs whose crew didn’t make the cut for the post season ref the probowl. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 04:21:26 pm »

I have done a small amount of bobo-reffing....so I don't mean to come across as anyone with any authority.

But, I do like reffing alongside people I know and vibe with.  You sorta learn a little language and know where to be.  It's like being on a team.  You gel...sorta.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:14:47 pm »

But, I do like reffing alongside people I know and vibe with.  You sorta learn a little language and know where to be.  It's like being on a team.  You gel...sorta.

Exactly, reffing is a team sport.  Have the same team that reffed 4 preseason and 16 regular season games together ref in the post season. 

I am willing to bet if the AZ cards played the AFC probowl team instead of the NFC probowl team, the card would have won, because one side would be a team and the other a collection of talented players that haven’t played or practiced together.

BeanCounter

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 07:26:32 pm »

Sean Payton should learn how to manage the clock at the end of conference championship games before worrying about who is reffing the game.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 11:12:31 am »

Sean Payton should learn how to manage the clock at the end of conference championship games before worrying about who is reffing the game.

Irrelevant.  Yes, the Saints had other opertunities to win the game, however, the officiating in the post season is often worse not better than during the regular season.  Hopefully this error will be the impetus that fixes that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray