Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:52:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL owners vote to review PI calls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NFL owners vote to review PI calls  (Read 1399 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 27, 2019, 01:17:04 am »

Saw it on the crawl on NESN.

I wonder if this would convince Gronk to return.  If they reviewed PI calls, ugh, I shudder to think about the Patriots.  Gronk got mauled so often during his career.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 11:17:16 am »

I think it will be a non factor in his decision.  Factors will be his heath, overall condition, mood, the Patriots record and Tom Brady’s persuasion skillls.

I think people over state the impact of allowing review of non calls.  You can’t throw a red flag on every play and hope the refs find a holding.  You are only allowed two flags, per game, 3 if you got the first 2 right. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 11:32:46 am »

You can’t throw a red flag on every play and hope the refs find a holding.  You are only allowed two flags, per game, 3 if you got the first 2 right. 

And herein lies the problem.   You should be allowed unlimited challenges as long as you get them right.   As soon as you get one wrong, you're done.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 02:10:43 pm »

And herein lies the problem.   You should be allowed unlimited challenges as long as you get them right.   As soon as you get one wrong, you're done.
I actually think you are on to something there. Not sure why a team should be penalized because refs suck.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 02:50:03 pm »

^^^^^^ Has there been a game where a team had 3 successful challenges and then a game a altering blown call they couldn’t challenge?

If no, we are discussing a problem that hasn’t existed. 

Maybe it has happened but I don’t recall one.

I am all for tweeking the rules to fix actually problems, not hypothetical ones.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 02:55:49 pm »

I don't really want a game to be 6 hours long. Keep things the way they are. Anytime that there's a human element involved there are going to be instances of inequity. It's just part of the game unfortunately. If we want to challenge everything to a "higher power" or eye in the sky, why have refs on the field at all?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 04:54:37 pm »

^ I'm not worried, so long as they get rid of the TV timeout and find ways to speed this stuff up.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 12:38:44 am »

^ I'm not worried, so long as they get rid of the TV timeout and find ways to speed this stuff up.

Bingo.  It shouldn't take long enough for me to wash my car to review a challenged call

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray