Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:29:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Should Miami use the entire 2019 draft on offensive linemen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Should Miami use the entire 2019 draft on offensive linemen?  (Read 3130 times)
Seafort

Email
« on: March 30, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »

Simple question. Given that only Tunsil is a (relative) lock to be here over the next five years and every other position is up for grab, and given that protection of a young quarterback will be absolutely vital in the 2020 season, does it make sense for Miami to do the unthinkable and devote the entire draft towards this position? My thought is that even if you have a failure rate of 50%, you still have gone a long way towards fortifying the most vital position on the team outside of quarterback. And when Tua is drafted, you'll have a group of young linemen who are on the upswing but have the benefit of a year of experience.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 04:28:37 pm »

No, best player available that fits needs, which is more than OL
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 04:54:31 pm »

No, best player available that fits needs, which is more than OL
what he said. The O line is an obvious need, but there are too many holes on this team to fill to dedicate an entire draft to one position.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 05:01:11 pm »

I thought the 2009 and 2010 Dolphins had pretty solid offensive lines.
They each won 7 games.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:17:46 pm »

they should focus on the punt team, given the rest of the team, that unit is going to get plenty of playing time.   Evil  Evil

In all seriousness, going for only one position makes no sense, but that should be a priority.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 07:15:59 pm »

Technically it's 3 positions, OG, OT, C.  However we have needs at DE, NT, LB, 2CB, QB, possibly a big body WR.  The draft isn't a sure thing, so you draft the players that are as close to that you can get at positions of need.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 09:06:13 am »

I'm down for drafting a couple of OL in this class, but an entire draft?

No...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 09:40:04 am »

If rumors are true then they will rebuild both sides of the trenches this year starting with the defense. We have so many holes that honestly they could start anywhere other than safety.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 09:41:22 am »

I really, really hope Ed Oliver is available, and we draft him.  I will be a little pissed if he's on the board and we draft, say Daniel Jones or some other QB.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 09:44:04 am »

I really, really hope Ed Oliver is available, and we draft him.  I will be a little pissed if he's on the board and we draft, say Daniel Jones or some other QB.
Unless  Dwayne Haskins falls to them and they think he is the franchise guy ... I'd be absolutely shocked for them to grab a QB in the first round.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 09:45:58 am »

I'm not sold on Dwayne Haskins...he's a one read QB, isn't all that accurate, has a decent enough arm, but nothing too impressive.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 09:53:18 am »

I'm going to SCREAM if they draft a QB in this draft. There just aren't any viable QB's, and the Dolphins need too much in too many areas. Get the best talent that they can get to fill holes other than QB, and don't settle for some second tier QB, which is all that there is in this draft class. In a draft as stacked with linemen and edge guys as this one is, those positions need to be the focus for this team.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 09:59:13 am by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 11:07:07 am »

Considering the rising cost of O-Linemen in free agency, it wouldn't hurt the use 2 of our first 3 picks of Line help, but only if they aren't reaches and we don't pass up a 1st round talent on defense that fell to us in the 2nd round for silly reasons like smoking weed one time.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 11:25:32 am »

After his performance at his Pro Day, I think he'll be long gone by 13.  Matter of fact, I think the Bucs snag him at 5 if they don't trade down

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2019, 11:26:35 am »

I'm not sold on Dwayne Haskins...he's a one read QB, isn't all that accurate, has a decent enough arm, but nothing too impressive.

I can appreciate your opinion, but accuracy really doesn't seem to be his issue. The guy was #4 in the NCAA last year with a 70% completion percentage, which was higher than any other QB that will get drafted in this class. 50 TDs to 8 picks while playing against a power conference schedule... If Miami could get him, I'd have no problems with it at all.

That said...I don't think there is any way that Haskins lasts to anywhere near the #13 pick. Someone will be taking him in the top-6 picks...probably the G-men.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray