Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:55:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL  (Read 12733 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 03, 2019, 04:57:36 pm »

Not like we didn't see this coming. The dolphins also have more open spots on their roster than any other team which means they will fill those voids with undrafted players. They have 58 signed and that's including the practice players and teams typically start with 90 players to begin the pre-season. Yep ... we are tanking ... hahaha.

The Dolphins, who were dead last in the rankings, recently signed 36-year-old veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick after trading away former starter Ryan Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans. Luke Falk and Jake Rudock — who have a combined five career passing attempts in the NFL — are the only other quarterbacks on the roster.

"Bad intentionally, but in a lovable way," Orr said of Fitzpatrick. “Fitzpatrick is a blast to watch, he costs about as much as Tyrod Taylor and is wonderful in the locker room. The perfect bridge to Miami's next era."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-si-worst-qbs-20190402-story.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:03:26 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 06:18:29 pm »

This list is flawed. 

I am not saying the Dolphins QB situation is good.  I agree it is terrible.

But NE is number #1?  Yes, Tom Brady is arguably the greatest QB of all time.  And NE just won the SB.  But having a 41 year old QB and the 32nd pick is NOT the best situation going forward.  KC should be ranked number 1, and Rams #2. 

If you are ranking what the QBs have accomplished then yeah, NE is number one.  But the GB, Pitt, Saints, and Giants should be ranked higher then they are.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:46:29 am »

but tom brady is a cyborg from the future made to throw footballs .. he'll be playing QB till he's 55 hopefully
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 09:44:43 am »

What makes Brady such a good player, in terms of ranking a team's situation is that he's an upper-tier guy at a huge discount.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:02:39 am »

I am actually upset we got Fitzpatrick because I think he is too good for our hopeful 0-16 season and can get us a few wins here and there. I know the total package is garbage, but there aren't any teams with worse starters than Ryan?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 10:51:26 am »

What makes Brady such a good player, in terms of ranking a team's situation is that he's an upper-tier guy at a huge discount.

That is true.  When comparing his skill set to his price he is a great value when compared to many other *veterans*

But I would argue that Patrick Mahone is a better value at $4.5 million than Brady at $27 million.  Hence teams that have high quality QB still on their rookie contact should be at the top of this list.

Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 05:17:20 pm »

I don' agree with that statement that Miami has the worst QB situation. As or right now there are so many other teams that have a worse starting QB than Fitzpatrick. On top of that, all the options are open for them, they're not committed long term to anyone so that's def B.S in my opinion.
     I would argue Redskins are worse, they dont have a starting QB for the future with Alex Smith's health being a big concern and they have millions of dollars tied up to him and he's not even gonna play in 2019 as of right now. He may be done all together, at least with Redskins. Bengals, all they got is Dalton who's been similar to Tannehill as far as putting his team on his back and carry them to the playoffs. Another team is the Giants, Eli has been overrated his entire career in my opinion and has played below average last several years with also bunch of money tied up to him. You can also throw oher teams into the mix like the Broncos, who have a starting QB currently on the roster but his performance or future with the team is up in the air. And we still gotta see how 2nd year QBs will perform in 2019 like Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Jackson....yea there's def potential for upside but its only been one season. Miami is in good situation with a good veteran QB and options open for 2019 or beyond.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 07:41:46 pm »

That is true.  When comparing his skill set to his price he is a great value when compared to many other *veterans*

But I would argue that Patrick Mahone is a better value at $4.5 million than Brady at $27 million.  Hence teams that have high quality QB still on their rookie contact should be at the top of this list.

Brady has a sugar momma, he's not the main bread winner in his family.   Wink
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 10:17:08 am »

They also have them ranked dead last in the RB situation ... which i find hard to believe.

32. Miami Dolphins, $2.9 / $121.3 million

Kenyan Drake, Kalen Ballage

Drake is heading into year four of his NFL career, with a 644 yard, three touchdown season and a 535 yard, four touchdown season under his belt. Kalen Ballage has upside as a bigger change of pace back and gained more than five yards a carry last season, but the Dolphins round out our list in last place.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 11:49:27 am »

Forgot about the Giants. Eli has been trash for awhile now and is massively overpaid. Yet, despite his age they have no replacement lined up and don't even appear to be drafting a QB this season.

I hope they do as that is one less team drafting QBs next season but as of now I would call their situation worse.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 07:20:56 am »

Forgot about the Giants. Eli has been trash for awhile now and is massively overpaid. Yet, despite his age they have no replacement lined up and don't even appear to be drafting a QB this season.

I hope they do as that is one less team drafting QBs next season but as of now I would call their situation worse.

They're gonna Tank for Tua next year.   

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 10:35:51 am »

They're gonna Tank for Tua next year.  

I am now hoping Miami’s week 17 matchup is at NYG, with both teams 0-15, so I can watch both fan bases debate whether joining the Bucs and Lions is worth the first overall pick.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 10:47:07 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 11:34:37 am »

Anyone who thinks winning 1 meaningless game in Week 17 is better than drafting a franchise QB is a fool.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 06:51:43 pm »

Anyone who thinks winning 1 meaningless game in Week 17 is better than drafting a franchise QB is a fool.

So it begins.......

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 02:01:36 pm »

Explain why you can't do both?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray