Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:52:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2019 Draft Day Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 2019 Draft Day Discussion  (Read 8095 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 10:31:47 pm »

This is going to be a QB competition for the ages. Fitzy vs. Rosen. Save me some popcorn boys. This is why my name is stinkfish.

Yes, an aging and incredibly inconsistent veteran and a 2nd year youngster who was so horrible that the team who drafted him saw absolutely no sign of future improvement and dumped his ass after just one year.   This team is going to be shitty for the rest of my life.   And this after they toyed with my emotions by making an excellent 1st round pick last night.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 10:38:20 pm »

Y'all are terrible.  Think of it this way, we moved our 2nd rounder this year to next year, and got a top 10 first round QB for free.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2019, 10:41:52 pm »

We just drafted OG Michael Deiter. He has experience as a Center, LG and LT. So, that makes two actual human beings on our O-Line.
Notes I’ve read on this guy aren’t very favorable. Essentially what I read says he will be a solid back up, but doesn’t have the skill set to be a starter. I saw this on NFL app

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 10:46:48 pm »

He started 54 straight games for Wisconsin, a school record and fared very well against elite competition. Saw in two places that he projects as a Guard and can have a lengthy NFL career but there won't be any Pro Bowls in his future.

I would gladly take that as a 3rd round pick. Shit, I'd take a serviceable Guard for 10 years as a 1st round pick.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2019, 10:55:21 pm »

Y'all are terrible.  Think of it this way, we moved our 2nd rounder this year to next year, and got a top 10 first round QB for free.
Looks like Tenshot has already ordered his Rosen jersey. What color did you get? Does it say #1 fan? Tongue

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2019, 08:38:15 pm »

Before I declare this draft a bust or a win, I'm going to await D4L's expert analysis and breakdown of the draft.  I'm on board with whatever he says.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2019, 12:30:54 pm »

We just drafted OG Michael Deiter. He has experience as a Center, LG and LT. So, that makes two actual human beings on our O-Line.

That is some of BB rubbing off on Grier, valuing versatility.  You can't have a backup LT, backup RT, backup C, backup LG and backup RG.  You need some guys that can play multiple positions.     

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2019, 12:47:53 pm »

You can't have a backup LT, backup RT, backup C, backup LG and backup RG.
Especially if you don't have a starter at most of those positions.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2019, 01:16:58 pm »

Loved the Wilkins pick...
Loved the Dieter pick...
Loved the Josh Rosen trade, if only because it was a cheap dart throw at a potential big payoff...
Liked the Isaiah Prince pick...
LOVED the Myles Gaskin pick.

Grade for Miami's draft...B+

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray