Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:37:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Sports Illustrated ranks Dolphins quarterback situation worst in NFL  (Read 12752 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 03:22:35 pm »

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1121572071220363266?s=20

Josh Rosen now becomes the best financial bargain in the NFL. Cardinals paid the bonus ($11 million); new team would get him for $6 million over three years plus a team option. Incredible value. #NFLDraft2019

$6 million over 3 years for a potential franchise QB.  2nd rounder is not too steep for that.
Maybe this is what Miami was wanting AZ to "pitch in" for their 2nd rounder?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 03:25:04 pm »

The trade is speculation and you already have him replacing Fitzpatrick as the starter? Geez, come down off the ledge. It's gonna be alright, really it is.

1) There is no other team bidding for him, so we are bidding against ourselves. In that case, 3rd rounder max. Call their bluff, they won't let this guy sulk on their team all year and only be worth a 6th rounder in 2020 if they try to trade him again.
2) Of course he replaces Fitzpatrick as starter, he isn't a rookie. He started all last year, how can he get better by sitting out a season after playing in his rookie year? Besides, why trade for a guy if you don't think he is better?
3) We have too many holes and the best shot right now at Tua in 2020. What do you do if Rosen has a better but still mediocre season in 2019, not draft a QB in 2020?

Just not worth it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2019, 03:32:55 pm »

1) There is no other team bidding for him, so we are bidding against ourselves. In that case, 3rd rounder max. Call their bluff, they won't let this guy sulk on their team all year and only be worth a 6th rounder in 2020 if they try to trade him again.
2) Of course he replaces Fitzpatrick as starter, he isn't a rookie. He started all last year, how can he get better by sitting out a season after playing in his rookie year? Besides, why trade for a guy if you don't think he is better?
3) We have too many holes and the best shot right now at Tua in 2020. What do you do if Rosen has a better but still mediocre season in 2019, not draft a QB in 2020?
1) There are other teams interested. They are just not tipping their hand yet.
2) As I said even if he's the starter, Fitzpatrick becomes the backup in case of injury and an excellent mentor to Rosen. You WANT an experienced backup QB for your young QB. Unless of course your "plan" is to get the 1st pick in the draft the following year.
3) 1 draft pick doesn't change that. If Rosen has a GREAT year in 2019, that's the best possible scenario because now you don't have to use your 1st round pick on a QB in 2020. If he's just so-so then you still can or you can field all those calls about your high first round pick and maybe turn it into a couple more picks and try to fill a few more holes. Your choice.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 03:35:35 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 03:41:05 pm »

I'm not against Rosen having a great year and becoming the franchise QB going forward, I just think it's unlikely and a 2nd rounder in a loaded draft is a hell of a price to pay with no other visible suitors. Imagine trading a 2nd rounder for him and he is absolute trash and replaced by Fitzpatrick in Week 8. How awful would this trade be?

Maybe we can do a conditional pick where if he starts 12 games it becomes a 2020 2nd rounder but less than that is a 3rd or something along those lines. Tannenbaum would give up a 2nd no questions asked, let's see how good our GM is with negotiating.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2019, 04:18:35 pm »

I certainly hope we do not give up very much for him. The biggest knock on him is that many of his teammates do not like him. That started in college and rumor has it that they don't like him in Arizona either. He apparently has a rich kid entitled attitude and a condescending mindset. Oh yes ... and he wore an F Trump hat too so there is that. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2019, 04:34:09 pm »

Word on the street is that he unfollowed the Cards on Instagram when they drafted the new guy.  I find that a sign of immaturity.

I think the best way to handle it is to say "Thanks to the Arizona Cardinals and all of the fans.  I wish them the best and am excited for my new opportunity."  ...even though it's bullshit, it's just way less drama to deal with.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2019, 05:26:19 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1121880288500436992?s=19

My understanding is that the #Cardinals & #Dolphins have been "in communication periodically" on potentially trading QB Josh Rosen. I'm told ARZ asked for a 1st round pick, dolphins declined, thinking more 3rd or 4th. Talks will resume, per source. Right now, somewhat far apart.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2019, 06:11:14 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1121880288500436992?s=19

My understanding is that the #Cardinals & #Dolphins have been "in communication periodically" on potentially trading QB Josh Rosen. I'm told ARZ asked for a 1st round pick, dolphins declined, thinking more 3rd or 4th. Talks will resume, per source. Right now, somewhat far apart.

Both sides are off the mark.  He is worth a second.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2019, 08:12:42 pm »

Both sides are off the mark.  He is worth a second.

he's worth whatever a team will give them for him .. and doesn't look like a team is giving a 2nd so he isn't worth a 2nd
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2019, 09:23:40 pm »

We have traded the 2nd rounder we got from the Saints for Rosen per ESPN.

So, Rosen better kill it this year or we just flushed a 2nd rounder AND Fitzpatrick's backup salary down the toilet.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2019, 09:33:47 pm »

We have traded the 2nd rounder we got from the Saints for Rosen per ESPN.

So, Rosen better kill it this year or we just flushed a 2nd rounder AND Fitzpatrick's backup salary down the toilet.
Actually we picked up a 2nd rounder next year in the process as well. Slam dunk. Griier is starting to make me a believer.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2019, 09:43:24 pm »

Yeah, we turned our 2nd rounder this year into Rosen and a 2nd rounder next year. Minor draft picks at later rounds aside.

The pedigree for Rosen is there, he is a legit Top 10 talent but everyone says he is an asshole and his rookie season sucked. So, he needs a major attitude change and the REAL risk is that he either has to be total garbage or an MVP this season because we will have a decision to make with Tua. The worst thing Rosen can do is be like Tannehil in that he doesn't suck but isn't amazing either.

Also, sucks to be Ryan Fitzpatrick right now.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2019, 10:02:56 pm »

Sports Illustrated can go ahead and pencil in the Dolphins for the worst QB situation in the NFL for about the next 5 years now. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2019, 10:05:33 pm »

There is no downside here. Every NFL team NEEDS 2 QB's. The Dolphins had 1, now they have 2. This was NEEDED. One of them will start and the other will back him up and play if the starter is hurt which with our OL is a good possibility. All this does is give them more options for next year. If Rosen turns out to be something great then you saved your 1st round pick next year for another position, if not then take your shot again next year, you have lost NOTHING. We got Rosen for essentially nothing. This was a brilliant move. The Dolphins are having one of the best drafts in the NFL for a change.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2019, 10:11:38 pm »

There is no downside here. Every NFL team NEEDS 2 QB's. The Dolphins had 1, now they have 2. This was NEEDED. One of them will start and the other will back him up and play if the starter is hurt which with our OL is a good possibility. All this does is give them more options for next year. If Rosen turns out to be something great then you saved your 1st round pick next year for another position, if not then take your shot again next year, you have lost NOTHING. We got Rosen for essentially nothing. This was a brilliant move. The Dolphins are having one of the best drafts in the NFL for a change.

I agree with a lot of this but my problem is how can we really judge how Rosen is this season when we have zero talent around him? If we can't make a proper decision, how could we draft Tua in 2020? We will need to be 100% sure that either Rosen is the future or he is trash in what amounts to a lost season.

God forbid we pass on Tua in 2020 for Rosen and he turns out to be total garbage, we would never live that down.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray