Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:17:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Charity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Charity  (Read 8082 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 02:54:18 pm »

Just like I'm guessing you're ok with not having universal healthcare because you got a good job that can give you decent coverage? Man, I hope you don't lose your job and have a health issue, otherwise, you'll be begging for that universal healthcare.
I've had health coverage every since I was a 18 and a laborer on a bridge crew. It isn't hard to find a job that offers it but you have to be willing to work somewhere that high schoolers aren't. If you live in Florida there is no shortage of construction companies looking for people. If you're talking about becoming disabled and not being able to work ... they have insurance for that too. I grew with alcoholic parents and poorer than most of you ... basically in the projects of Sanford. People with far less than me are doing better than I.  People blaming their parents or their past situation is a pet peeve of mine so you aren't going to get a whole lot of sympathy from me about not having options to better yourself. We all become adults ...  unfortunately many people never accept responsibility for themselves.

I've got no issue with some sort of temporary help for people that are down but the blanket social programs that democrats support are wasteful and useless. People are either going to try to better themselves or they are going to make excuses and see what they can get handed to them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 04:00:53 pm »

I've had health coverage every since I was a 18 and a laborer on a bridge crew. It isn't hard to find a job that offers it but you have to be willing to work somewhere that high schoolers aren't. If you live in Florida there is no shortage of construction companies looking for people. If you're talking about becoming disabled and not being able to work ... they have insurance for that too. I grew with alcoholic parents and poorer than most of you ... basically in the projects of Sanford. People with far less than me are doing better than I.  People blaming their parents or their past situation is a pet peeve of mine so you aren't going to get a whole lot of sympathy from me about not having options to better yourself. We all become adults ...  unfortunately many people never accept responsibility for themselves.

I've got no issue with some sort of temporary help for people that are down but the blanket social programs that democrats support are wasteful and useless. People are either going to try to better themselves or they are going to make excuses and see what they can get handed to them.
Well said.  Personal accountability is foreign in current times, everything is someone's fault.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 05:35:31 pm »

I don't believe people need to be "personally accountable" for their own healthcare any more than they should be "personally accountable" for putting out the flames if their house is on fire, or for transporting sewage from their home, or for negotiating clean water to be delivered to their tap.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 07:02:16 pm »

I don't believe people need to be "personally accountable" for their own healthcare any more than they should be "personally accountable" for putting out the flames if their house is on fire, or for transporting sewage from their home, or for negotiating clean water to be delivered to their tap.
That's pure non sense. YOU are the main person that is "personally accountable" for your healthcare. The choices you make and how you live your life dictate your healthcare more than anything else. Sure accidents and sickness happen. But if you eat shit, don't exercise, smoke, drink, and/or do drugs you're going to have health problems. Shit, most of America is obese or almost obese by choice. Adults should be personally accountable for their poor choices.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 07:24:37 pm »

Diet and exercise matter, but genetics, environmental factors and accidents caused by others are a. larger factor.

And Spider’s anolgy holds even without that because the majority of house fires are caused by the homeowners and you generate all of your own sewage.  Yet like healthcare in most societies they are handled as a community function.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 06:44:32 am »

No religious institution should have tax exempt status...period. It is one of the biggest mistakes ever made by our society.

Strange, I would’ve thought someone who believed in absolute separation of church and state would’ve seen that’s a two-way street.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 08:24:50 am »

Hehe. So universal healthcare, which would cost less than having everyone buy their own is wasteful? Even a right-leaning think-tank said it would cost less than our current system. Please go on about how wasteful and useless it is. It really just boils down to you are OK, for now, don't have an issue, so screw everyone else. Man, if only people would follow Jesus' teachings. What a world it would be.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2019, 08:57:22 am »

Strange, I would’ve thought someone who believed in absolute separation of church and state would’ve seen that’s a two-way street.

There's the problem...you think I simply want to enforce the separation of church and State in this country, but what I really want is to get rid of organized religion in all its forms, worldwide.

A reasonable goal? Probably not, as there are way too many people on this planet who share your particular mental illness. But hey...it's something worth praying for, right. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2019, 09:50:50 am »

There's the problem...you think I simply want to enforce the separation of church and State in this country, but what I really want is to get rid of organized religion in all its forms, worldwide.

A reasonable goal? Probably not, as there are way too many people on this planet who share your particular mental illness. But hey...it's something worth praying for, right. Wink

It just amuses me how the atheists want to actually help the less fortunate and those in need while the Christians would leave them to die on the side of the road. It really is a mental illness. Smiley
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2019, 12:03:48 pm »

Good to see you haven't gotten any less cunty in your old age.  Grin
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2019, 12:04:15 pm »

Amen, brother.  As Blaise Pascal said, "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."    
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2019, 12:55:17 pm »

Hehe. So universal healthcare, which would cost less than having everyone buy their own is wasteful? Even a right-leaning think-tank said it would cost less than our current system. Please go on about how wasteful and useless it is. It really just boils down to you are OK, for now, don't have an issue, so screw everyone else. Man, if only people would follow Jesus' teachings. What a world it would be.
People die waiting on Universal Healthcare all the time because of waiting lists. The rich people in those countries come here to be treated. Our very own VA is the worst coverage out there. Why? Because it's run by the government. Imagine how much worse it would be running the whole country.  Once I get the same coverage as those who do not pay for it then I will be a part of the worst coverage and get put on waiting lists too ... which is odd because I would actually be paying more for less. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2019, 01:29:33 pm »

People die waiting on Universal Healthcare all the time because of waiting lists. The rich people in those countries come here to be treated. Our very own VA is the worst coverage out there. Why? Because it's run by the government. Imagine how much worse it would be running the whole country.  Once I get the same coverage as those who do not pay for it then I will be a part of the worst coverage and get put on waiting lists too ... which is odd because I would actually be paying more for less. 

While this is an almost impossible goal....but if we had a system in which the wealthy and powerful were banned from paying for private care and every one received equal care, then we would have the political will to improve the system for everyone.  If we could impose a system where Senators, Reps and the cabinet and their families received VA treatment and were banned from seeking private care, you could bet the VA system would be improved in short order. 

But even so, the VA system is vastly superior to what many people have.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2019, 02:10:41 pm »

While this is an almost impossible goal....but if we had a system in which the wealthy and powerful were banned from paying for private care and every one received equal care, then we would have the political will to improve the system for everyone.  If we could impose a system where Senators, Reps and the cabinet and their families received VA treatment and were banned from seeking private care, you could bet the VA system would be improved in short order.  

But even so, the VA system is vastly superior to what many people have.
Essential you are taking someone's freedom away, the freedom to pay for better health coverage.  You can't ban people from stuff like that, we aren't communists.  

The VA system is not vastly superior to what many have, it's vastly inferior to what many people have.  It's better than what few people have.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:12:43 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2019, 02:23:39 pm »

People die waiting on Universal Healthcare all the time because of waiting lists.
Many millions more die here because they can't even afford to get on a waiting list.

Our very own VA is the worst coverage out there. Why? Because it's run by the government.

Much like the problems with democracy, the only thing worse than government healthcare is everything else.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:25:19 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray