Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:06:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami's two biggest superstars were actually accidents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Miami's two biggest superstars were actually accidents  (Read 5973 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 04:12:07 pm »

Marino had plenty of natural talent.  Won’t argue that.  But he was also selfish, carrying more about personal stats than the success of the team. He is certainly not the only player like that, Randy Moss was one of the greatest players of all time, but selfish, he broke Jerry Rices single td record, but never got a ring out it.

There you go.   If you could put together the greatest NFL team of all time using only players who don't have a Super Bowl ring, Marino would be my QB and Moss would be one of my WR.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 04:38:33 pm »

Marino had plenty of natural talent.  Won’t argue that.  But he was also selfish, carrying more about personal stats than the success of the team. He is certainly not the only player like that, Randy Moss was one of the greatest players of all time, but selfish, he broke Jerry Rices single td record, but never got a ring out it.
Your opinion. Never heard from a single player that Marino played with that he was selfish and cared only about his stats.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:30:55 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 09:41:21 pm »

So those teams who passed on Marino with the scouting report of “great skill set, however his own arrogance, being uncoachable, and his attitude of putting personal stats ahead of winning makes it  unlikely to develop a championship team around him”. Got it wrong?
Where did you find this scouting report?

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 03:57:25 pm »

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/comments/bhpxp9/flashbackfriday_fourth_and_five_do_you_go_with_a/

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray