Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:14:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Happy Easter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Happy Easter  (Read 3582 times)
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:37:38 pm »

To everyone, I hope this day is excellent for you. Whatever you may believe, I hope this day finds you happy and healthy and in a generally good way, and that such blessings and good luck continue through the rest of the year.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:21:36 pm »

chag Pesach samech.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 02:52:41 pm »

This is one of the few days of the year where it's normal to go to church.   

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:45:12 am »

My wife and I noticed more than normal amount of stores and restaurants closed for the day than usual which I think is a good thing. Not to the extent as when we were kids but more than that were open for sure.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 12:01:10 pm »

Seems like every year more stores stay open Thanksgiving, Xmas and Easter.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 01:28:36 pm »

I agree but for whatever reason yesterday seemed different. Large chains like Target, Sam's and Jason's Deli, Dick's Sporting Goods, Kohl's were closed as well as many mom and pop places. I didn't check but it looked like most, if not all, of our mall was closed too.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 05:10:03 pm »

It's such a shame that those "Easter Worshipers" mentioned by Obama and Clinton got attacked yesterday. Not sure why people would be worshiping Easter but us Christians were celebrating Easter and were attacked yesterday too. Christians are being killed much more frequently than anyone else but you would think the 49 Muslims killed by the lone gunman was the biggest story out there.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 05:45:43 pm »

Wtf are you talking about?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 07:39:35 am »

He's referencing the outcry after the Christchurch shootings (50 Muslim victims), yet 5x more people were killed in Sri Lanka (300 Christian victims, 4 Americans) and it wasn't as big a story, objectively.  

Side bar:  Why did they say the Sri Lanka attack was retaliation for the Christchurch attack, when the shooter wasn't even Christian?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:06:08 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 08:30:17 am »

He's referencing the outcry after the Christchurch shootings (50 Muslim victims), yet 5x more people were killed in Sri Lanka (300 Christian victims, 4 Americans) and it wasn't as big a story, objectively. 

Side bar:  Why did they say the Sri Lanka attack was retaliation for the Christchurch attack, when the shooter wasn't even Christian?

I don't think the religion of the victims was the primary factor here. i think it was more a factor of contrasts. Sri Lanka has been war torn for decades another bombing while tragic has some historical patterns associated with it. Whereas NZ where no mass murders ever happen, had the national murder count for 2 years surpassed in a single day.

If you take a look at a comparable event a few years ago the shootings in Paris of a parody paper news room by islamic terrorists was widely covered at the same level of the NZ shootings if not more. The victims there were christian and it wasn't hushed up.  But that doesn't fit the war on christians persecution narrative going on with the evangelicals so lets forget about it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 09:16:14 am »

There is plenty of coverage of Sri Lanka.  But in general all news events that occur in western countries get more coverage than events in what the president refers to as “shithole countries “

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 09:31:47 am »

Having just come back from Chicago, I wanted a Chicago Hot Dog and there's a place right downstairs from where my Dad lives.  I took my kids there and it was closed. ...much disappointment.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 10:00:28 am »

That's awful Dave. Sorry. It just means that you have to go back. Wink

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 10:40:15 am »

Dave, I am glad you got to spend time with your family this weekend, it is always great when grandkids get to spend time with grandparents.  I am also glad that the employees of the hotdog joint also got to spend time with their families as well.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 10:43:39 am »

^ I suppose....could've used a dog, though.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray