Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:27:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Happy Easter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Happy Easter  (Read 3591 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 10:52:27 am »

^ I suppose....could've used a dog, though.

Grandma didn’t make enough ham?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 02:39:47 pm »

Having just come back from Chicago, I wanted a Chicago Hot Dog and there's a place right downstairs from where my Dad lives.  I took my kids there and it was closed. ...much disappointment.

I love Chicago style hot dogs, minus the cherry peppers.   

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 03:05:31 pm »

Grandma didn’t make enough ham?
We'll do a Honey Baked Ham.  Surprisingly, a Honey Baked Turkey tastes almost the same, I highly recommend.  My wife doesn't eat pork or beef, so my family accommodated her with a Honey Baked Turkey.  Very good.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 04:50:25 pm »

Having just come back from Chicago, I wanted a Chicago Hot Dog and there's a place right downstairs from where my Dad lives.  I took my kids there and it was closed. ...much disappointment.

There is a transplanted Chicago couple that own a restaurant here in Boca called Hotdog-opolis, and I literally cannot tell the difference between a Chicago dog there, and ones I've eaten in Chicago. They ship in all the local relishes, peppers and stuff...so completely yummy.

If you need a Chicago dog...that's the place to get it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 06:28:25 pm »

There is a transplanted Chicago couple that own a restaurant here in Boca called Hotdog-opolis, and I literally cannot tell the difference between a Chicago dog there, and ones I've eaten in Chicago. They ship in all the local relishes, peppers and stuff...so completely yummy.

If you need a Chicago dog...that's the place to get it.

Same here in Bradenton with regards to Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches.   There's a guy who runs a shop and he gets a shipment of Amoroso bread on a daily basis.    And there's a sign on the wall by the cash register that teaches you all the lingo for ordering a Philly.   One wall of his shop is a panoramic picture of Lincoln Financial Field during an Eagles game, and another is a panoramic of Citizen's Bank Park during a Phillies game. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 08:55:48 am »

Same here in Bradenton with regards to Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches.   There's a guy who runs a shop and he gets a shipment of Amoroso bread on a daily basis.    And there's a sign on the wall by the cash register that teaches you all the lingo for ordering a Philly.   One wall of his shop is a panoramic picture of Lincoln Financial Field during an Eagles game, and another is a panoramic of Citizen's Bank Park during a Phillies game. 

That's the type of place where I would end up being a regular customer...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 10:29:04 am »

There is a place in Fort Lauderdale on Sunrise that I used to go to like once every two weeks when I lived there and whenever I visit back in South Florida, I still try to get there.  They do really good Chicago dogs.  It is called Hot Dog Heaven.  Just a tiny little place, but it has always been my go-to hot dog spot.  Here in Dallas, I am completely unable to find a decent hot dog or pizza.  Thankfully, I don't eat that stuff much anyways, but for a workout cheat day, it would be nice if I had a decent hot dog or pizza option. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 01:13:47 pm »

How did Chicago mess up hot dogs and pizza? Evil
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray