Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:23:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Day before the NFL 2019 Draft - Who do we draft in the 1st? 13 Possiblities
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Day before the NFL 2019 Draft - Who do we draft in the 1st? 13 Possiblities  (Read 2858 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 24, 2019, 08:54:38 am »

There is a good chance we draft one of these 13 players.  Choose wisely, or add your own.  Pick a specific player.

Dwayne Haskins, Quarterback, Ohio State
Ed Oliver, Defensive Tackle , Houston
Jaawan Taylor, Offensive Tackle, Florida
Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State
Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State
Christian Wilkins, Defensive Tackle, Clemson
Jonah Williams, Offensive Tackle, Alabama
Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson
Jeffery Simmons, Defensive Tackle, Mississippi State
Greedy Williams, Cornerback, LSU
Rashan Gary, EDGE, Michigan
Andre Dillard, Offensive Tackle, Washington State
Drew Lock, Quarterback, Missouri
D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss (I know, this is 14 but it wasn't in the article and I've seen him being a "maybe")

https://www.fivereasonssports.com/voices/13-players-the-dolphins-could-select-in-the-2019-nfl-draft/

My top 5 would be (in order)
1. Ed Oliver, DT
2. Jaawan Taylor, OT
3. Christian Wilkins, DT
4. D.K. Metcalf, WR
5. Jonah Williams, OT

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 09:02:15 am »

^^^ I did a 3 round mock for Miami last night, and came out with DL Ed Oliver, WR Hakeem Butler and OG Conner McGovern

I would have no problem at all with any of the top-5 you listed...but my top-5 for Miami would be:

Ed Oliver
Christian Wilkins
Jonah Williams
Montez Sweat
D.K. Metcalf

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 10:15:51 am »

^I like all of those guys too...as long as they aren't drafting a QB in the first round, I think I'll be okay with whoever they pick.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 10:19:45 am »

I like both of your lists.  I ran several scenarios on fansedge and most of the big board's that they use show Oliver being gone by #13.  That is a shame because I really like him too. I'm scared to death to take Jeffery Simmons in the 1st round given that his recently blown out knee might make him a redshirt this season, but give me a shot at his top 20 talent in the 2nd round and I would be all over that.    Given what is "supposed" to be available at #13 going by the big boards on fansedge, I think my top 5 options at #13 would be:

1.  Montez Sweat (hopefully his heart condition is nothing to be concerned with)
2.  Clelin Ferrel  (might still be able to get him if the Fins drop down a few spots, but they are in dire need of DE (Edge Rushers)
3.  Byron Murphy (you can never have enough top talent at CB)
4.  Christian Wilkins (DT is a priority this year also)
5.  Jawaan Taylor (has a ton of potential but he is so raw and he scares me with bust potential, but OT talent is horrible in this draft and it is such a need for the Fins at RT)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 10:36:14 am »

^You like Byron Murphy over Greedy Williams?  Or do you expect Greedy to be gone?  I ask because I haven't researched CBs all that much.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 10:49:42 am »

^You like Byron Murphy over Greedy Williams?  Or do you expect Greedy to be gone?  I ask because I haven't researched CBs all that much.

I actually have them rated pretty much equally and on a purely physical standpoint, I would give Greedy a slight edge because of his speed.   But my decision to take Murphy over Greedy is based on the fact that Washington had a pretty stacked secondary last year and Murphy was still the cream of the crop, but because they had other good guys in their secondary, I don't think opposing offenses avoided him as much so he was tested.  With Greedy, I think he was considerable better than the rest of the LSU secondary and opponents might have avoided him a little bit.  But yeah, they are pretty much on an equal level in my opinion and I could see them having pretty equal careers at the NFL level.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 07:45:45 pm »

Today is kind of like Christmas Eve for football fans isn’t it?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 07:55:10 pm »

Today is kind of like Christmas Eve for football fans isn’t it?

I guess that depends on what team you root for.  Highlight of the season for me was in February.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 07:57:51 pm »

I actually have them rated pretty much equally and on a purely physical standpoint, I would give Greedy a slight edge because of his speed.   But my decision to take Murphy over Greedy is based on the fact that Washington had a pretty stacked secondary last year and Murphy was still the cream of the crop, but because they had other good guys in their secondary, I don't think opposing offenses avoided him as much so he was tested.  With Greedy, I think he was considerable better than the rest of the LSU secondary and opponents might have avoided him a little bit.  But yeah, they are pretty much on an equal level in my opinion and I could see them having pretty equal careers at the NFL level.

If you have a choice between the two, draft Greedy.  He's got the height to go along with the skills.   You need him on taller receivers

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 08:16:09 am »

If you have a choice between the two, draft Greedy.  He's got the height to go along with the skills.   You need him on taller receivers

I thought they are both 6'1"?
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 08:16:47 am »

I guess that depends on what team you root for.  Highlight of the season for me was in February.

Touche'.   Very nicely played. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 08:26:30 am »

Greedy Williams:  6′ 2-3″, 183 lbs (I see both 6'3'' and 6'2'')

Byron Murphy:  5' 11", 182 lbs

If they rank similarly, I'd want Greedy because he's bigger.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:29:42 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 09:01:39 am »

The season is from September to December. Everyone knows this.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 10:14:40 am »

Greedy Williams:  6′ 2-3″, 183 lbs (I see both 6'3'' and 6'2'')

Byron Murphy:  5' 11", 182 lbs

If they rank similarly, I'd want Greedy because he's bigger.

Thanks for the info.  I stand corrected.  Not sure why I had it in my head that they were both 6'1". 
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 10:15:09 am »

The season is from September to December. Everyone knows this.

The Dolphins season is always from September to December.   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray