Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:57:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Christian Wilkens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Christian Wilkens  (Read 2084 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 26, 2019, 10:30:54 am »

Not sure if i did this right but if not his starts at about 18:20 with an interview and around 19:30 with highlights and some old KISS music. Pretty awesome!! Besides ... who knew he was the white Power Ranger? hahahaha

https://youtu.be/qksstL4q2ZQ?t=1100
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:33:53 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 09:35:26 am »

Interesting information on Wilkins. Seems like the more I know about this guy the more I like him.

Some interesting tidbits from a Wall Street Journal story on how Wilkins is very careful with his money:

Instead of paying for lemonade, he asks for water, six lemon slices and sugar, and then makes his own.

He ate, showered and brushed his teeth at Clemson’s football operations center to hold down costs at his $300 a month apartment.

He didn’t have a credit card, used a bike and got rides from teammates (while helping pay for gas) instead of owning a car. He also wore some teammates’ clothes.

“My teammates know I’m the cheapest guy in the world,” he told the WSJ’s Rachel Bachman before the draft.

And he worked as a substitute teacher, earning $80 a day.

Wilkins’ frugality has paid off: He said he has saved more than $15,000 during an era when many young people are facing heavy student debt.

What’s more, he has a bachelor’s degree in communications and a master’s degree in athletic leadership. This past December, he won the National Football Foundation’s Campbell Trophy, known as the “Academic Heisman.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 11:07:33 am »

Everything about this kid sounds like his jersey will be retired, I just hope it's for us.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 01:07:23 pm »

Ultimately what matters is not his financial acumen, but if he can get pressure up the middle.  However, he doesn’t sound like the type of guy you don’t have to worry about losing for a half season due to an 8 game suspension for coke possession, which is definitely a positive.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 02:54:40 pm »

Instead of paying for lemonade, he asks for water, six lemon slices and sugar, and then makes his own.

That's douchey tho .. if you can't afford / don't wanna pay for lemonade .. then drink water.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 03:06:03 pm »

That's douchey tho .. if you can't afford / don't wanna pay for lemonade .. then drink water.
You sound douchey for making this comment.  Seriously, it's not a big deal to get someone 5 extra lemons at a restaurant.  Sugar is already on the table.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 03:40:07 pm »

You sound douchey for making this comment.  Seriously, it's not a big deal to get someone 5 extra lemons at a restaurant.  Sugar is already on the table.
I don't think establishments care about extra lemons, ice water and sugar. My girls went through a phase of doing that as well. It would only be douchey if he didn't tip.

With that said .... we typically drink water with our meals but I tip as if I bought drinks. The waitress/waiter does the same amount of work.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 03:58:33 pm »

It's extra double ghetto douchey. I'll order water sometimes. But I ain't gonna sit there and whip up my own fucking batch of lemonade at the table. Might as well smuggle in some tequila and ask for extra limes and salt too. Then that cheap motherfucker can whip up his own fucking batch of margaritas while everyone in the place watches him.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 04:03:22 pm »

You sound douchey for making this comment.  Seriously, it's not a big deal to get someone 5 extra lemons at a restaurant.  Sugar is already on the table.

My two cents -- it aint douchey to do this as a college student.  If he does this after collecting depositing his signing bonus it is douchey UNLESS he is huge tipper.  

Edit to add:  The only thing that matters is how well he tips.  When I was a waiter (a billion years ago) and we had one old lady who use to bring in her own can of soda and pour into the cup of ice we gave her to drink with her meal, she told us she did this because she thought it was outrageous to spend 50 cents for fountain soda when a can was only 10 cents in the grocery store.  But we didn't care her meal regularly came to ~$2.25 and she would leave a $5 bill with the rest as tip. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:28:49 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 05:42:13 pm »

"How much for one rib?"
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 08:20:06 am »

"How much for one rib?"