Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:52:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Welcome to the Dolphins Josh Rosen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Welcome to the Dolphins Josh Rosen  (Read 6207 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 29, 2019, 11:08:02 am »

You can debate forever whether this was a good move but only time will tell. There are reasons to like this trade and reason why not to like it. For me I have concern over his personal relationships but his former teammates in Arizona seem to squash that. Either way we get to audition him at a reasonable price and still have leverage to draft whoever we want next year. This draft was never about making the team good enough to compete at a high level next year and I think Grier did well with what he had. At least Rosen gives us good reason to watch next season. I'm just hoping our O-line doesn't get him killed before we know one way or the other.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 11:55:19 am »

Agreed, he has the talent to be a franchise QB but his attitude was very poor. Hopefully, this humbled him.

My main and really only concern is that we need a 100% answer on him by next year's draft. It is a loaded QB draft even beyond Tua, so we need to know if he is the real deal or not and that will be hard to do with so little talent around him. I don't want to have question marks about him, draft a QB with a Top 5 pick and then Rosen has a breakthrough and we just wasted a high first rounder on a backup who won't ever see the field. Rebuilding teams can't waste premium picks like that.

I know it sounds silly to say "I sure don't want 2 franchise QBs on the roster" but what the hell are you going to do with a guy like Tua if he never sees the field?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 12:26:39 pm »

I think Rosen has been a victim of a narrative being set early on that he had a poor attitude and then the media selectively taking sound bites to reinforce that narrative.

Also if Mia is drafting in twenties they don't need to draft a QB next year.  If Mia has a top 5 pick that they use to draft a QB then Mia doesn't have a QB controversy.     

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 12:38:50 pm »

I think Rosen has been a victim of a narrative being set early on that he had a poor attitude and then the media selectively taking sound bites to reinforce that narrative.

Also if Mia is drafting in twenties they don't need to draft a QB next year.  If Mia has a top 5 pick that they use to draft a QB then Mia doesn't have a QB controversy.     

My worry is that Rosen shows just enough to get another shot at starting and we don't draft a QB and then he is a complete failure in 2020 with a much better supporting cast and we just screwed ourselves.

Also, if Miami picks in the 20's then a miracle occurred and records were set. "Team with the most UDFA to win 9 games in a season".
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 12:43:44 pm »

At least Rosen gives us good reason to watch next season.
This. I was dreading next year, but now I at least have a reason to watch. Might still need to end up taking a QB in the 1st round next year, but at least now there's a potential option rather than it being a foregone conclusion.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 12:43:48 pm »

I think our staff is competent enough to draft a QB if Rosen shows "just enough".  That QB can back him up, and Rosen can have another season to show if he's the real deal with a better team.  Can always trade him or the guy we draft if it comes to that.  Regardless, I'm going to bank on Rosen for the time being, and revisit the 2020 QB issue once this coming season is over.  No point in speculation right now.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 12:44:47 pm »

I know it sounds silly to say "I sure don't want 2 franchise QBs on the roster" but what the hell are you going to do with a guy like Tua if he never sees the field?
If that's the worst problem the Dolphins have I'd be happy. I think you are worried about nothing.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 12:48:07 pm »

"Team with the most UDFA to win 9 games in a season".

I think that is the 1946 Cleveland Browns.  They signed 4 UDFAs that went on the get gold jackets. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 12:50:31 pm »

I think that is the 1946 Cleveland Browns.  They signed 4 UDFAs that went on the get gold jackets. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 01:06:52 pm »

They also won the AAFC championship game. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 02:48:26 pm »

Well ... if we do not draft Tua next year the 2021 draft might have an even better option. hahahaa

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 03:31:21 pm »

Well ... if we do not draft Tua next year the 2021 draft might have an even better option. hahahaa

Yeah, but that will require a 1-15 season. With the cap space and draft pick haul, that seems quite unlikely.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 03:38:53 pm »

Yeah, but that will require a 1-15 season. With the cap space and draft pick haul, that seems quite unlikely.
The way we're trading draft picks, we'll have 30 picks come 2021, we can trade up for whoever we want! /s
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 03:45:01 pm »

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Dan Marino and
Joe Montana would like to remind you that you don't need a top 10 pick to draft a franchise QB
Kurt Warner and
Tony Romo add nor do you even need a draft pick.  

Mark Sanchez
Ryan Leaf and
JaMarcus Russel also mention that a high draft pick doesn't guarantee success either.  

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 03:55:00 pm »

Rosen would also like to remind you that you don't even need to be on the team that drafted you top 10.  Oh yeah, also Brett Favre and Steve Young.

(revisit this in a couple years, you know it'll be true)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray