Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:37:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jets fire their GM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Jets fire their GM  (Read 2919 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: May 15, 2019, 12:23:47 pm »

Today the NY Jets fired their GM.  Adam Gase takes over as interim GM while they search for a new GM.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 12:47:36 pm »

It was a power struggle. You don't let your GM spend your cap space and draft all of your players and then dump him, that's insane. Like with Miami, Gase didn't get along with management and he lost that struggle, much to our gain. Now, he is the interim GM and is just going to bring in someone who lets Gase do everything.

What a clownshow the Jets are to even hire Gase, let alone make him the GM as well.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 12:55:38 pm »

This is bad news for the Tank for Tau advocates.  Not only aren't you getting the first pick overall, you won't even be picking first in the division. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 02:50:16 pm »

Sounds like Gase and Maccagnan didn't agree on Bell and when Bell was a no show Gase was able to say "told you so"  when the overweight, overpaid, me first RB was no show for OTA.

If Bell was the primary point of difference between Gase and Maccagnan, then I have to agree Gase is smarter than Maccagnan.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 04:44:00 pm »

This is bad news for the Tank for Tau advocates.  Not only aren't you getting the first pick overall, you won't even be picking first in the division. 

Have you lost your mind, or have you simply forgotten all of the talent that's signed with the Jets this offseason?

Jets aren't finishing bottom-5 this season. Miami...it's possible.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 05:23:53 pm »

Have you lost your mind, or have you simply forgotten all of the talent that's signed with the Jets this offseason?

I agree although with all the power Gase has that team is bound to self-destruct at some point.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 06:07:30 pm »

Jets have too many egos.  If they start off strong they can have a decent season.  If they drop the first game they will be throwing each under the bus and completely self destruct. 

Dolphins can start 1-5 and Flores will still be treating each game like they are 0-0, and will be focusing on improving for the the next game.   

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 08:11:41 pm »

Sounds like Gase and Maccagnan didn't agree on Bell and when Bell was a no show Gase was able to say "told you so"  when the overweight, overpaid, me first RB was no show for OTA.

If Bell was the primary point of difference between Gase and Maccagnan, then I have to agree Gase is smarter than Maccagnan.

+1  I think the Bell signing is being looked at as a failure before the season even starts due to his failing to appear for non-mandatory workouts/meetings.  Bell probably still thinks he's being underpaid.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 02:10:09 pm »

^^^ And the moment Bell steps on the field and has 150 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving and a couple of scores, all of his offseason stuff is forgotten... Gone, like a mild fart in a stiff breeze.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 11:36:21 am »

^^^ And the moment Bell steps on the field and has 150 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving and a couple of scores, all of his offseason stuff is forgotten... Gone, like a mild fart in a stiff breeze.

If that happens yeah.... But it is just as likely he goes for 34 yards and a fumble on 16 carries and in his post game interview blames the oline for lack of production.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 11:39:46 am »

If that happens yeah.... But it is just as likely he goes for 34 yards and a fumble on 16 carries and in his post game interview blames the oline for lack of production.

So, what you're saying is that you've never seen Leveon Bell play before?  Wink

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 12:50:56 pm »

So, what you're saying is that you've never seen Leveon Bell play before?  Wink

It has been quite sometime since I have seen him play, I can’t remember seeing him even once show up on ESPN’s highlighs at all last year. 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 06:50:24 pm »

Reports are coming out that the Jets may trade Bell.   Apparently he's way overweight and out of shape.   

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 09:06:26 pm »

so how would they trade an overweight and out of shape  salary cap nightmare ?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 08:37:08 pm »

So they didn't have a workout before signing a guy that hadn't played in a year?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray