Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins are embracing their lack of talent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins are embracing their lack of talent  (Read 2323 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: May 15, 2019, 02:56:35 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/15/dolphins-new-mantra-takes-no-talent/

With the Dolphins new motto being, "It takes no talent" the jokes practical write themselves. 

However, this is actually the right mindset for a developing team. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 03:58:17 pm »

i approve
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:22:15 pm »

However, this is actually the right mindset for a developing team. 

This is a great mindset for any team.  Like the article states ... "The Chiefs are a prime example, since Dee Ford lining up offsides kept them from the Super Bowl." It wasn't a talent issue that screwed that play up. It was a dumb mental error.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 11:43:09 pm »

This is a great mindset for any team.  Like the article states ... "The Chiefs are a prime example, since Dee Ford lining up offsides kept them from the Super Bowl." It wasn't a talent issue that screwed that play up. It was a dumb mental error.

You don't need talent if your opponents just decide to keep handing you games on a silver platter.   The 2006 Patriots are a perfect example of that.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 12:42:36 pm »

You don't need talent if your opponents just decide to keep handing you games on a silver platter.   The 2006 Patriots are a perfect example of that.

I thought the refs handed the Patriots the 2006 season on a silver platter?  Roll Eyes
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 02:10:42 pm »

I thought the refs handed the Patriots the 2006 season on a silver platter?  Roll Eyes

It wasn't the kicker?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:08:49 pm »

It wasn't the kicker?

Didn't the Colts come out of nowhere to beat the Pats in the AFC title game that year?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 03:12:32 am »

!) The Chargers gift-wrapped and handed the Patriots a victory in the AFC divisional playoff game that year.  That game was Brady and the Chargers trying to see who could mess up more.  Brady threw an interception in the fourth quarter, but the Chargers refused to go down quietly.  They fumbled right back to the Patriots.

2) Then, the Patriots faced the Colts in the AFC title game, which was at Indy, due to a surprising upset of NE by Miami 21-0.

3) The Patriots dominated the game and were about to put it away late in the second quarter.  They were up 21-3 and facing third and six at the Colts 28 yard line with about four minutes to go in the first half.

4) Then, the refs decided to step in.  The Patriots picked up a first down, but they called a horrible offensive pass interference against Troy Brown, which ended the drive and gave the Colts time to kick a field goal before the half ended.  This sparked an amazing second half comeback (aided by more horrid calls).

5) ironically, both kickers actually played huge roles in the games and in the playoffs that year.  Adam Vinatieri set a record for fields in one post season.  He hit three critical field goals in the AFC title game.  Ghostowski hit the game winner against the Chargers, and added two key field goals for the Patriots in the AFC title game.

So in summary,

1) The refs handed that Super Bowl to the Colts.

2) The kicker also played a huge role. 

Of course, when you make a post that contains nothing but true facts to back your point up, nobody will actually take you seriously.

Can't wait to hear what you all have to say on this. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 10:43:05 am »

Of course, when you make a post that contains nothing but true facts to back your point up, nobody will actually take you seriously.

Can't wait to hear what you all have to say on this. 

There wasn’t a single fact, just some very poorly formed opinions.  You are either a troll or an absolute moron.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 11:05:31 am »

There wasn’t a single fact, just some very poorly formed opinions.  You are either a troll or an absolute moron.
I swear this guy has a Tom Brady poster he whacks to on the daily...If he talked about the Dolphins as much as he talks about the Patriots, I might think he's a Dolphins fan instead of a troll.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 02:46:15 pm »

I swear this guy has a Tom Brady poster he whacks to on the daily...

That made me laugh pretty good.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 08:48:36 pm »

Everything I posted in my last post in terms of what happened is one hundred percent true.

You can disagree with my conclusions, but you can't deny that I do base them on facts and observations.

Tenshot, maybe if the Dolphins would do something worth discussing, I would talk about them more.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:02:25 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 10:20:34 pm »

Tenshot, maybe if the Dolphins would do something worth discussing, I would talk about them more.

Okay, how about:

New head coach
Two new QBs
One potential franchise QB
Any of our draft picks this year
The dozen or so draft picks we have in 2020
The incredible salary cap room we'll have in 2020
Howard's new contract

How about any of that versus making another thread or comment about the Patriots.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray