Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:49:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Anyone see any good shows or movies lately?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone see any good shows or movies lately?  (Read 1219 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: May 16, 2019, 02:36:48 pm »

I've not watched a ton of new stuff lately.  Anyone have any recommendations?

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 03:00:22 pm »

--Endgame was awesome, other than the all female squad assemble pandering moment.
--Captain Marvel, on the other hand, was pretty lame.  It is also very pandering.  Wonder Woman was a well done, strong female centric movie.  Captain Marvel was just bad.
--Watching Doom Patrol, it's pretty good.
--My wife and I have never seen the Sopranos, so we're watching it.  The first season was kind of lame until the end, it's pretty slow overall, but I really like it now.
--Started Black Summer on Netflix.  It's okay, still haven't finished it though.
--Watched a few episodes of Love, Death, Robots on Netflix.  Some are good, some are lame, but each episode is a new story made by different people.
--Tried a couple episodes of the new Ultraman on Netflix.  Kind of lame.
--Final season of Veep was funny.  Very underrated show.
--Glad Big Bang Theory is ending, it's run about 3 seasons too long.  Final season is a whatever.
--Of course the lameness that is the final season of Game of Thrones.  Once they veered away from the source material, it went to shit.
--The Flash and Arrow are really lame now.
--Gotham is terrible.  Need to finish that one up too, pretty sure the series finale aired.
--Latest season of Santa Clarita diet was good.  Was bummed to hear they canceled it.
--Vikings should have ended two seasons ago.
--Last season of True Detective was pretty good.  Better than that season two abortion, but of course, not as good as season 1.  Still worth a watch IMO.
--Got into Blacklist.  It would be a terrible show if James Spader wasn't so awesome.  He acts circles around everyone.
--Agents of Shield has nosedived, not as good as it once was.  Not as bad as some superhero shows though.
--The Umbrella Academy was pretty good, worth a watch IMO.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 03:02:58 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 11:10:13 am »

--Recently canceled The Tick on Amazon was good.  I found it pretty funny and it was well done.  I hope another network picks it up
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 02:57:02 pm »

I just got into American Gods
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 03:43:43 pm »

I just got into American Gods
Forgot about American Gods.  I like it, my wife not so much, so we haven't finished season 2 yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray