Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:45:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins to wear "white" throwbacks this year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins to wear "white" throwbacks this year  (Read 3977 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 22, 2019, 09:47:16 am »

Just in case you haven't seen it the Dolphins are wearing white throwbacks for this year starting with the second game of the season against New England.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:53:45 am »

Looks really good.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:58:36 am »

it might be time to buy a jersey again
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 09:59:43 am »

Love it. Why can't these just be the uniform?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:18:33 am »

Love it. Why can't these just be the uniform?
They say everyone at the Dolphins is fully aware that these are the jerseys of choice so I'm not sure why. We just upped our uniform agreement so it can't changed again for several years. SMH

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:23:44 am »

it might be time to buy a jersey again
I'm sure more will come out but only Minkah Fitzpatrick and Kenyon Drake are available right now.

I think that's a good question .... who would you want from today's roster? I think I'd want Christian Wilkins. I believe he will be wearing 97 but could be wrong.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 10:25:16 am »

I'm sure more will come out but only Minkah Fitzpatrick and Kenyon Drake are available right now.

I think that's a good question .... who would you want from today's roster? I think I'd want Christian Wilkins. I believe he will be wearing 97 but could be wrong.
The smart options would be Howard, Minkah, Wilkins or Tunsil, they'll be around for a while.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 10:36:20 am »

I'm with Fausto...it might be time for me to buy another Dolphins jersey...and these might be my favorite version. I'll definitely get Minkah's #29...he's my new favorite defensive player.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 10:50:04 am »

Love these uniforms. As for who to buy, I will never buy a current player ever again. Too expensive for the fluidity of today's NFL.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 11:02:35 am »

I have a hard time buying expensive jerseys of a guy who might not even be on the team after a year or two, so I opt to go for a throwback for a former player. ie Marino, Super Duper etc...

Bibamus, moriendum est

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 11:55:56 am »

They say everyone at the Dolphins is fully aware that these are the jerseys of choice so I'm not sure why.
Ask a Chargers fan why the powder blues aren't the full-time jersey.

Why would the Dolphins possibly want to make this throwback the only jersey?  The only result would be lost sales, as everyone who wants one can already buy one.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 12:19:44 pm »

Personally I hate the new look Dolphins. I won't buy anything with the new logo on it. I wish everyone would stop buying the new stuff so the team would be forced to move away from it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:23:35 pm by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 12:36:11 pm »

Ask a Chargers fan why the powder blues aren't the full-time jersey.

Why would the Dolphins possibly want to make this throwback the only jersey?  The only result would be lost sales, as everyone who wants one can already buy one.
We've beat this horse so many times. I just can't understand how you see it the way you do. Both the orange and navy blue uniforms sold very well and the blue was never even worn in a game. They'd sell more team jerseys and t-shirts if it appealed to more people. I've never seen the throwback in a Dick's, Academy Sports, Target or Wal-Mart. BTW ... all of those stores have a lot of the new logo on the discount racks.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 05:03:23 pm »

How many times do they get to wear it?

Edit: I'm not a fan of the number on the shoulder. 

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 05:19:59 pm »

They've only released one date as far as I know but like last year ... they could add more at the request of "fans" through the Dolphins front office.

The numbers moved from the sleeve to the shoulder in 88. Do you just not like those or all with them on the shoulder?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray