Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:08:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins to wear "white" throwbacks this year
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins to wear "white" throwbacks this year  (Read 3978 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 07:26:23 pm »

I'm all for making throwback gear more widely available.  Go nuts.

But here's the thing: I don't like the logo they chose to use for the throwbacks.  I've never liked it.  You don't like the new logo.  Fine.  I'm saying they should continue to sell both and let people pick which one they want, but you're saying they should completely abolish the new logo and force people like me to buy the throwback or do without.

So as I see it, making the throwback the only jersey is not only bad business, but poor customer service.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 07:31:54 pm »

I think that's a good question .... who would you want from today's roster? I think I'd want Christian Wilkins. I believe he will be wearing 97 but could be wrong.
My personal jersey standard is, "Does this player have a reasonable shot at the Dolphins' ring of honor?" So I could never bring myself to buy the jersey of a rookie.

The only current player I'd consider is Reshad.  Everyone else has work to do.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 12:21:51 pm »

We've beat this horse so many times. I just can't understand how you see it the way you do. Both the orange and navy blue uniforms sold very well and the blue was never even worn in a game. They'd sell more team jerseys and t-shirts if it appealed to more people. I've never seen the throwback in a Dick's, Academy Sports, Target or Wal-Mart. BTW ... all of those stores have a lot of the new logo on the discount racks.

Maybe...or maybe this creates two classes of jerseys.  Spend $35 at Walmart if you aren't picky or spend $80 for the jersey you really want. if you could get everyone's favorite jersey at Walmart less people would buy the higher priced jerseys.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2019, 01:37:06 pm »

Maybe...or maybe this creates two classes of jerseys.  Spend $35 at Walmart if you aren't picky or spend $80 for the jersey you really want. if you could get everyone's favorite jersey at Walmart less people would buy the higher priced jerseys.

You can get favorite player replicas in those stores but the people buying at Target and Walmart are rarely ever going to buy the $90 replica or the $150 authentic. Of course I live in the Orlando area but most jerseys and shirts I see on people are not the higher end stuff.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 04:05:31 pm »

The numbers moved from the sleeve to the shoulder in 88. Do you just not like those or all with them on the shoulder?

No, it's not the location.  Shoulder is fine.

I don't like that the number shrinks, but the outline stays the same.  So, the orange outline of the number encompasses the entire number, so there's no white inside. 

I like the throwbacks as throwbacks.  ...and I don't like the new logo.  But the old logo doesn't feel timeless to me.  The white "shading" on the underside of the Dolphin feels very dated.  I prefer a sleeker, more timeless look.

Some logos, like the Giants, the 49ers, Texans, Chargers -- these are timeless.  Other logos feel like the era they were created.  I'd like to move closer to a timeless logo.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 06:32:15 pm »

I really don’t get the hoopla over the uniform.  While I prefer the older logos (both Dolphins and Pats). I am way more concerned about the quality of the play than the uniforms. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 09:12:48 am »

I really don’t get the hoopla over the uniform.  While I prefer the older logos (both Dolphins and Pats). I am way more concerned about the quality of the play than the uniforms.  
"Quality of the play" hasn't been an option for Dolphins fans in a very long time.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 09:19:07 am »

Kenny Stills

Verified account

@KSTiLLS
Follow Follow @KSTiLLS
More
Someone ask Mr. Ross how many RTs we need to make these permanent @miamidolphins

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 01:40:47 pm »

The white jerseys have been my favorite going all the way back to the 70's.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 03:44:07 pm »

Does anybody know the Dolphins' record over the past few years playing in these throwbacks?  It seems to me they always win the games played in the old unis, or come close to a very big upset.

I do like these uniforms the best, but the actually helmet logo that was updated from this one (that has the dark blue with a crisper dolphin image) is the one I prefer on the helmets.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 07:51:43 am »

Just in case you haven't seen it the Dolphins are wearing white throwbacks for this year starting with the second game of the season against New England.

Love the new throwback jersey, especially with the NFL 100th anniversary patch. An instant buy for me (if I can get it here in/to Australia)...

As has been mentioned, just got to work out who the player will be... Minkah, Drake, Howard, Tunsil?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray