Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:35:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Destiny 2 is now free to play.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2 is now free to play.  (Read 739 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: June 10, 2019, 09:53:25 am »

Destiny 2 is going through a bit of a change because Bungie has split from Activision/Blizzard. The next expansion for Destiny 2 available in September won't be available on the Blizzard launcher, it will be on Steam instead. The good news is that Destiny 2 is now free to play for older content. You can play for free up through the 2nd expansion Warmind till September when the new expansion comes out. I'm not sure but I think the 3rd expansion Forsaken will be free to play once the new expansion is released.

This is a really good deal. There is a ton of content for free and it's really high quality stuff. If anyone is looking for a good FPS to play this summer, you can't beat free to play. Not only is the game really good but I've noticed some new players playing right now and leveling up so there will be plenty of opportunities to join public events and such with players of your own level and ability now.

If you are not familiar with Destiny 2 it's an MMOFPS and in my opinion the best one to date. There is a ton of content here. Below gives you a brief overview of some of what you can find in the game.

1. Quests. What would a MMO be without quests right? There are several different flavors. The story will take you through several fairly complex quests and you can choose to do nothing but the campaign quests and it will take you a good bit of time especially if you go through all 3 expansions. These are far and away some of the best quests I've ever seen, they are not your typical go here and collect that quests, each one tells a bit of the story has a lot of varied gameplay and objectives and they are highly entertaining. There are also a ton of smaller side quests, missions etc with some of them as simple as go here and kill this guy or collect this many of that item etc, but even these are pretty well done and since they are optional to the main story quests you can pick these up and drop them as needed so they don't get repetitive.

2. PVP. There are a ton of PVP options but since I don't partake in them I can't really explain them, but if that's your thing you shouldn't be disappointed.

3. Loot. There's quite a few options here as well. You can equip up to 3 different weapons at one time and they come in 4 types, impact, energy, special and heavy. Impact weapons are your basic weapons that just do impact damage for example revolvers, hand guns, sub machine guns, auto rifles, bows, etc. Energy weapons do 1 of three types of energy damage, Fire, Lightning and Void and any of the impact weapon types also have an energy damage equivalent. Then there are some special weapons like the sniper rifle, shotgun, grenade launcher and fusion rifle that are more deadly but require a special ammo that is less abundant then the normal ammo that the other weapons use. Finally there are the heavy weapons rocket launcher, certain grenade launchers, linear fusion rifle and swords which do tons of melee damage. Heavy weapons also have their own type of ammo and is even more rare then the other 2 types of ammo but there's still plenty available for lots of mayhem. In addition to the 3 weapon slots you have armor slots for your helmet, torso, arms, feet and a cloak. There's also a ship that you choose that gets you from planet to planet and a speeder bike that gets you around on the planets themselves. For every slot there are a 5 different levels of gear, common, uncommon, primary, legendary and exotic. You start out with common gear and progress up to exotic. You can only have 1 exotic equipped at a time for the weapon and armor slots.

4. Raids. There's several different flavors of this as well, but again I don't partake that much. The simplist is just called a strike and allows you to group with up to 2 other players. You can either form a strike team yourself or you can join a random strike team for some quick cooperative multiplayer fun.

I've just touched on the basics of the game there is a lot more to it, but I won't go into all of it. This game can keep you busy for months easily.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:12:02 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray