Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:37:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  World Cup
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 9960 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 05:02:50 pm »

Agree.  You don’t want the team to spike the ball in the end zone, don’t let them get to the end zone.  

Hope neither Kelley O’Hara nor  Lieke Martens have any long term issues because of the match.
Kelly O'Hara is getting lots of love today. 1) for picking up the flag and 2) for kissing her girlfriend after the game and being normal without sticking her lesbianism in everyone's face.  People like her and Neil Patrick Harris do more for advancing the gay agenda to middle America than Megan Rapino will any day.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 09:30:10 pm »

I believe this is the mirror image of the "Martin Luther King is making things worse for black people by trying to shove civil rights in everyone's face" argument that was commonly made when MLK was alive, yet is never made now.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 07:35:46 am »

I believe this is the mirror image of the "Martin Luther King is making things worse for black people by trying to shove civil rights in everyone's face" argument that was commonly made when MLK was alive, yet is never made now.
False equivalence.  It would be more like "People like MLK do more for advancing the civil rights agenda to middle America than Malcolm X will any day. "
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2019, 08:06:35 am »

False equivalence.  It would be more like "People like MLK do more for advancing the civil rights agenda to middle America than Malcolm X will any day. "

Once again, a comment made now, but was never made when he was alive.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2019, 08:27:30 am »

Okay?  My point being

"People like her and Neil Patrick Harris do more for advancing the gay agenda to middle America than Megan Rapino will any day." =/= "I believe this is the mirror image of the "Martin Luther King is making things worse for black people by trying to shove civil rights in everyone's face" argument that was commonly made when MLK was alive, yet is never made now."

CF is comparing homosexuals.  Spider is just pulling a race discussion from out of nowhere when no one said anything about race, and it's a bad comparison to begin with, not a "mirror image".  If I didn't articulate that well the first time, my bad.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:37:45 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2019, 08:37:58 am »

Okay?  My point being

"People like her and Neil Patrick Harris do more for advancing the gay agenda to middle America than Megan Rapino will any day." =/= "I believe this is the mirror image of the "Martin Luther King is making things worse for black people by trying to shove civil rights in everyone's face" argument that was commonly made when MLK was alive, yet is never made now."

CF is comparing homosexuals.  Spider is just pulling the race card when no one said anything about race, and it's a bad comparison to begin with, not a "mirror image".  If I didn't articulate that well the first time, my bad.

There is a reasonable comparison.  CF prefers homosexuals that don’t actively advocated for equality over those that do. Opponents of the civil rights movement preferred blacks that didn’t actively participate in the civil rights movement.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2019, 08:49:16 am »

There is a reasonable comparison.  CF prefers homosexuals that don’t actively advocated for equality over those that do. Opponents of the civil rights movement preferred blacks that didn’t actively participate in the civil rights movement.

First off, in this day and age, what inequality?  It doesn't exist anymore, other than a few tenths of a percentage of the population that the media blows up, like a guy that won't bake a cake.   There is an entire month dedicated to homosexuals, Pride month just ended, so please tell me what is so bad for homosexuals in 2019?  The vast majority of homosexuals can live a peaceful life without persecution.  Secondly, no one said those people didn't actively advocate for equality, they just don't aggressively push it in people's faces, because there is no need to do that anymore.  The pendulum has swung in the other direction.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:22:37 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2019, 09:32:43 am »

Tenshot is correct and to drag race into this is textbook Democrat. They have nothing to stand on so they are trying to keep racism alive. Unfortunately for them blacks and Latinos are continuing to #walkaway from that plantation mentality.   

Trump has spent a couple of years in office and he is running on what he has done while life long politicians are running on what they are going to do. Since we are throwing out things that have nothing to do with the conversation I thought I'd throw something out there. hahahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2019, 09:48:58 am »

Tenshot is correct and to drag race into this is textbook Democrat. They have nothing to stand on so they are trying to keep racism alive. Unfortunately for them blacks and Latinos are continuing to #walkaway from that plantation mentality.   

Trump has spent a couple of years in office and he is running on what he has done while life long politicians are running on what they are going to do. Since we are throwing out things that have nothing to do with the conversation I thought I'd throw something out there. hahahaha

YOU not spider was the one introduced politics into a perfectly fine thread about the world cup. 

Trump is running on lies that fools and bigots believe. 

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2019, 09:53:25 am »

Trump has spent a couple of years in office and he is running on what he has done

at the risk of feeding the troll here .. what has he done ?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 10:12:06 am »

at the risk of feeding the troll here .. what has he done ?
Not a troll at all. I honestly couldn't care less about this thread or even the political comment I made. Just killing time.  I'm willing to bet I know more about a lot of the women on that team from a personal aspect than anyone here so to hear other people's opinions who have never even met them affects me zero.

Here's your answer although you already know these things.

Due to President Trump’s pro-growth policies, real gross domestic product (GDP) growth exceeded 3 percent over the last four quarters.
More than 5 million jobs have been created since President Trump’s election and the unemployment rate remains below 4 percent.
This is the eighth time this year that the unemployment rate has been below 4 percent.
Prior to this year, the unemployment rate had fallen below 4 percent only five times since 1970.
The unemployment rate for African Americans in May fell to 5.9 percent, which is the lowest rate on record.
Asian and Hispanic-American unemployment rates have reached record lows this year.
Initial weekly jobless claims have hit a nearly 50-year low under President Trump.
Under President Trump, job openings outnumber the unemployed for the first time on record.
Recently, more than two-thirds of Americans rated “now” as a good time to find a quality job, tying a record high in a poll by Gallup.
Americans are seeing more money in their pockets thanks to the booming economy.
In recent months, workers have seen their largest nominal year over year wage growth in nearly a decade.
Median household income rose to a post-recession high.
President Trump’s policies are helping to lift Americans out of poverty.
Since the election, 4.6 million Americans have been lifted off of food stamps.
Consumer confidence has soared under President Trump, recently reaching an 18-year high.
President Trump is delivering on his promise to bring back American manufacturing.
The National Association of Manufacturers’ Outlook Index had the highest annual average in its history over the past year.
Manufacturing added 284,000 jobs in 2018, the most added in a year since 1997
Small Business optimism jumped to a record high under President Trump, according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
The NFIB’s Small Business Optimism Index broke a 35-year record in August.
President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, ushering in the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history.
These tax cuts are delivering real results for American families and workers.
More than 6 million workers received tax cut bonuses and benefits.
More than 100 utility companies have announced lower rates.
President Trump is ensuring American workers receive the training and education they need to compete in today’s economy.
President Trump signed an executive order establishing the National Council for the American worker.
More than 185 companies and associations have signed our “Pledge to America’s Workers,” promising more than 6.4 million new training and career opportunities.
The President signed legislation that reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, making more than $1 billion available for career education programs.
President Trump has prioritized the economic empowerment of women.
The women’s unemployment rate recently reached its lowest rate in 65 years.
The Small Business Administration lent approximately $500 million more in capital to women-owned businesses in 2017 compared to 2016.
The Administration helped launch the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative, which could leverage more than $1 billion to support women entrepreneurs.
ROLLING BACK RED TAPE: President Trump is rolling back costly regulations that have burdened hardworking Americans and stifled innovation.

President Trump has followed through on and exceeded his promise to roll back two regulations for every new one created.
President Trump’s Administration surpassed the 2:1 ratio in 2018, eliminating 12 regulations for every new one in 2018.
In 2017, the Trump Administration eliminated 22 regulations for every new one.
Since taking office, President Trump’s deregulation efforts have achieved $33 billion in regulatory savings.
In 2018, these efforts alone delivered $23 billion in benefits to American families and business owners.
President Trump has signed 16 Congressional Review Act resolutions into law, eliminating burdensome Obama-era rules and regulations.
President Trump announced U.S. withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement, which would have harmed America’s economy and cost American workers millions of jobs.
President Trump signed an executive order to streamline the permitting process for infrastructure projects with a goal of cutting approval time from up to 10 years to an average of 2 years.
President Trump signed legislation to roll back burdensome Dodd-Frank regulations that harmed community banks.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2019, 10:39:20 am »

At the risk of saying a "duh" statement, I mean, that's kinda what happens when you inherit an economy that's been on the rise for the last 4 or so years before he took office. He's done more harm than good. Just ask those good ole patriots, the farmers and steel industry workers.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2019, 10:43:42 am »

...and thus begins the debate of "is it carryover from Obama" or "Trump stimulated the economy in spite of Obama"...in a Women's World Cup thread.  Don't change TDMMC.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 10:51:14 am »

At the risk of saying a "duh" statement, I mean, that's kinda what happens when you inherit an economy that's been on the rise for the last 4 or so years before he took office. He's done more harm than good. Just ask those good ole patriots, the farmers and steel industry workers.
Hahaha ... I guess Obama brought back all those manufacturing jobs that he said couldn't be done too? I swear. You people don't care about facts at all as long as it fits your narrative. Trump's an asshole for sure but he gets shit done!

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2019, 11:15:40 am »

Hahaha ... I guess Obama brought back all those manufacturing jobs that he said couldn't be done too? I swear. You people don't care about facts at all as long as it fits your narrative. Trump's an asshole for sure but he gets shit done!

I asked for specifics and fair play to you for going down a huge list ..

I do agree that an economic trend started during Obama's administration that's continued through the trump years.

I think the president and administration,  be it obama or bush or trump,  has very little to do with regular boom/bust economic cycles directly.
The fact that:
President Trump signed legislation to roll back burdensome Dodd-Frank regulations that harmed community banks.
is really bad. Dodd-Frank was enacted for a reason .. the reason is banks will sell their mothers for profits and they give 2 shits for the overall economy. They will bust again and drive us into another financial crash as soon as they're given half a chance.

Trump is really good at claiming credit for things he has nothing to do with .. ask Carrier .. remember this picture:

Guess what happened to all those jobs?

President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, ushering in the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history.
horrible .. this was a horrible law that did fuck all for anyone except the rich .. they got a super awesome tax cut, everyone else got shit that is set to expire in a couple of years anyways so their tax burden is a net increase

Lets face exactly what's going on here, Trump is doing everything he can to make money for himself and for his rich friends, and to allow his friends to make as much money off of america as they can. Internationally he insults our allies and cozy's up to dictators and despots because they fund him and because he's too stupid to prevent it. Everything else is just bullshit crumbs he tosses to people on the right to keep them looking away from how much he's trying to steal from america.

I won't even get started on the fact that he's a serial rapist and that he may have raped children with his buddy epstein there just aren't enough words for that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:22:49 am by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray