Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  World Cup
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 9859 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2019, 11:17:15 am »

and yay world cup !
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2019, 01:10:13 pm »

Fau... not sure how you can say Trump is only making money for he and his friends.
His net worth continues to drop while past presidents somehow came out with waaaaay more than they went into the job with.

From Snopes ...

As of 2017, the Clintons were estimated to have made $240 million since Bill Clinton left office in 2001, the Obamas’ combined net worth was reckoned to be about $24 million, while the Trumps’ net worth was thought to have dropped to about $3.1 billion. Suffice it to say that the Clinton and Obama families have done very well for themselves since leaving the White House, but the Trumps have realized no similar windfall (and have possibly seen their overall wealth decline a bit).

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2019, 01:31:09 pm »

The loony right's meltdown during the Obama administration was pretty funny.  "Obama is going to be the end of our democracy!"    But the loony left and their Trump Derangement Syndrome is even funnier.  Facts and the truth seem to play zero role in anyone's political rantings anymore.  Life in America today is like watching the real life version of the movie Idiocracy.   

PS, girl power.  Congrats on the world cup.  Soccer is still the most agonizingly, painful sport to watch, but congrats nonetheless. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2019, 01:31:58 pm »

The loony right's meltdown during the Obama administration was pretty funny.  "Obama is going to be the end of our democracy!"    But the loony left and their Trump Derangement Syndrome is even funnier.  Facts and the truth seem to play zero role in anyone's political rantings anymore.  Life in America today is like watching the real life version of the movie Idiocracy.   

PS, girl power.  Congrats on the world cup.  Soccer is still the most agonizingly, painful sport to watch, but congrats nonetheless. 
I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more in my life.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 03:38:31 pm »

Fau... not sure how you can say Trump is only making money for he and his friends.
His net worth continues to drop while past presidents somehow came out with waaaaay more than they went into the job with.

From Snopes ...

As of 2017, the Clintons were estimated to have made $240 million since Bill Clinton left office in 2001, the Obamas’ combined net worth was reckoned to be about $24 million, while the Trumps’ net worth was thought to have dropped to about $3.1 billion. Suffice it to say that the Clinton and Obama families have done very well for themselves since leaving the White House, but the Trumps have realized no similar windfall (and have possibly seen their overall wealth decline a bit).

I find it important to point out that this describes wealth accumulated by Clinton and Obama after they left office,  not while in office which was your point.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2019, 03:44:23 pm »

Soccer is still the most agonizingly, painful sport to watch, but congrats nonetheless. 

Next to golf, NASCAR, regular season NBA, and don't even get me started on the debatable sports like bowling.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2019, 03:50:32 pm »

Soccer is still the most agonizingly, painful sport to watch, but congrats nonetheless. 

that's just wrong.. baseball is way more boring and slow and agonizing
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2019, 03:52:38 pm »

I used to love watching a baseball game, take a nap, wake up around the 7th inning stretch and watch the rest...usually when the good parts happen anyways.  I tuned into the Rays/Yankees game over the weekend in the ninth inning, just in time to watch my Rays win it with a walkoff HR.  Pretty satisfying lol.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2019, 04:19:56 pm »

Soccer was boring right up until I understood it. It is quite the complicated game of chess. Barry Hulshoff from Ajax and his protege taught me quite a bit. The two of them used to coach at my club.  Once I learned the game and started watching what is happening and the events off the ball it became pretty intense. It's not my top sport to watch but I do enjoy it ... especially if i know any of the people involved albeit coaching or playing.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray