Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:52:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  My new hobby
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My new hobby  (Read 1101 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: June 20, 2019, 10:24:27 pm »

I love playing escape the room games. 

I want to ask you guys, since most of you are one or two generation ahead of me, did they have those when you were my age?  Is this relatively new?

I usually fail, since I play by myself, and the game are designed for more than one person.  But they are still so much fun.

The last one I attempted was called the drunk tank.  You wake up handcuffed in a jail cell.  You must find out the warden's deadly secret and escape from jail. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 07:30:59 am »

I don't do them, but I know a few people that enjoy them.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 09:20:19 am »

Are they called "Escape the room games"...or just "Escape Rooms?"  I do Escape rooms occasionally...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 10:48:03 am »

Escape rooms are super fun.  I've never heard of them until this decade.  Whether they existed at all when I was younger, I can't say, but certainly not with any mainstream popularity.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 10:06:27 am »

Escape rooms are super fun.  I've never heard of them until this decade.  Whether they existed at all when I was younger, I can't say, but certainly not with any mainstream popularity.

They existed to some extent before that, Mostly as a temporary set up in a hotel or workplace conference room, and done by teams of coworkers as a team building exercise.  They were very expensive and would come with a detailed analysis of the teams strengths and weaknesses and suggestions for improving team processes, it was typically a full day meeting, with time before and after discussions about team work, but the game was 60-90 minutes.

Then more recently some folks came up with the idea to drop the price, skip the analysis and just have friends play the game in the mall. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray