Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:35:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Inflation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Inflation  (Read 850 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: June 26, 2019, 12:32:21 am »

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that Miami has $120 million in cap space.

Did you know that the NFL salary was less than $75 million not more than twenty years ago?

It's mind-boggling to think of how much inflation has increased.

Here's something I did that is actually stupid.  When I bought my car in 2013, I spent eight grand.  I decided to immediately start saving for my next one.  I thought I was making good progress.  Recently I released I forgot to account for inflation, so I am actually two years behind where I thought I was.

Of course, that's not as stupid as not doing research.  Two years ago, when in the break room at work at the Supermarket (my part-time job) I noticed something on the monitors about an employee 401k.  I didn't know they offered them for part time employees.  I immediately set one up, but lost out on four years of savings.

Have any of you ever done something financially that can only be described as stupid?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:05:23 pm »

I do it all the time. Some common examples are paying late fees I could avoid,  not setting a budget and not tracking my checking account as closely as I should instead of just a mental list.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray