Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:29:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Car anxiety
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Car anxiety  (Read 8499 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: June 29, 2019, 07:53:24 pm »

In September of 2013, I bought my first car, a Toyota Camry, for $8,000.

I have owned it for about 70 months now.  In April, I was hit with biggest car bill ever: $2110.20.

This has made me anxious about my car.  Every time I go over a bump, I worry. 

So I did a Tough Mudder for the first time this Saturday.  The race was fun, but the hardest part was getting my car out of the muddy parking lot.  I kept having to gun the engine.  At one point, it got stuck in the mud and I had to reverse direction and go along the same path I came.

Should I take it in to be checked?  Is like humans, where you go to the doctor for precautionary tests after an injury, even if it shows no obvious after-effects?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 02:04:18 pm »

What year is it, how many miles are on it, and what exactly is wrong with it that would cost you over 2Gs in repairs?   It may be time to get a newer car.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 05:20:19 pm »

It is 2005 Toyota Camry with about 140,000 miles on.

It has been through one long distance relationship, and two long-distance friends with benefits.   It has also been through several long drives for hookups. 

I was saving for a new car, but I forgot to account for inflation, so I'm well behind where I thought I was.

I am hoping I can get to 200,000 miles.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 08:50:56 pm »

It has been through one long distance relationship, and two long-distance friends with benefits.   It has also been through several long drives for hookups. 

I was saving for a new car, but I forgot to account for inflation, so I'm well behind where I thought I was.

Right now, it's a money pit.   I wouldn't go for a new car.   A Certified Pre Owned would be a lot less. 

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 07:55:51 am »

I have a question about my 2009 Suzuki Boulevard Motorcycle.  This month I banged 2 Tinder milfs and a Denny's waitress. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 09:13:10 am »

I have a question about my 2009 Suzuki Boulevard Motorcycle.  This month I banged 2 Tinder milfs and a Denny's waitress. 

While you were actually on the motorcycle?

Impressive, sir...impressive.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 10:11:06 am »

Dear Penthouse, I never dreamed this would happen to me, but.............
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 10:32:32 am »

In September of 2013, I bought my first car, a Toyota Camry, for $8,000.

I have owned it for about 70 months now.  In April, I was hit with biggest car bill ever: $2110.20.

This has made me anxious about my car.  Every time I go over a bump, I worry. 

So I did a Tough Mudder for the first time this Saturday.  The race was fun, but the hardest part was getting my car out of the muddy parking lot.  I kept having to gun the engine.  At one point, it got stuck in the mud and I had to reverse direction and go along the same path I came.

Should I take it in to be checked?  Is like humans, where you go to the doctor for precautionary tests after an injury, even if it shows no obvious after-effects?
We've had 2 Toyota Camrys and 3 Toyota Avalons since the early 90's and I don't think we've ever gotten rid of one until way over 200,000 miles and never had a major repair. They are typically very reliable.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 11:47:42 am »

We've had 2 Toyota Camrys and 3 Toyota Avalons since the early 90's and I don't think we've ever gotten rid of one until way over 200,000 miles and never had a major repair. They are typically very reliable.
I'm kind of in the same boat, I have an '09 Camry Hybrid with 110k miles. Been a good car but it's starting to get a few issues. The biggest one at this point is that the A/C has a refrigerant leak. Not sure where the leak is, but after a bit of reading, these particular cars leak from the evaporator behind the dash. Seems to be a common problem on these cars. Not sure if I want to pay all the labor to remove and replace the dash. Might just charge the system and go trade it in.

Anyhow, I say keep it until the wheels fall off then get something else. If it needs an expensive repair, just go get another vehicle.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 04:08:57 pm »

I was going to ask what the question was, but having read the rest of the post, I decided I really didn't want to know what the question was.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 07:16:11 pm »

Could it have something to do with the way I drive?   I drive a lot.  In fact, almost every night when I have an anxiety or panic attack, I go for a drive to calm myself down.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 08:16:11 pm »

That bill put a wrench into my thoughts of having surgery on my nose.       

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 09:05:49 am »

That bill put a wrench into my thoughts of having surgery on my nose.       

I'm sure I speak for everyone on this board when I say that we really need to hear more about your nose...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 10:00:59 am »

Life tips for D4L:

1.  Don't get a nose job
2.  Keep yourself groomed including unibrow
3.  Plan on getting a new vehicle soon, used honda or toyota is reliable
4.  Stop talking about your love life, no one cares
5.  Try some Buddhist mediation techniques to deal with your anxiety
6.  Don't talk about the Patriots anymore...at all
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 01:58:26 pm »

5.  Try some Buddhist mediation techniques to deal with your anxiety

Unfortunately, the Buddhists don't have any real mediation techniques...that's why Tibet has taken it in the shorts the last 60 years. Wink

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray