Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:43:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dion Jordan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dion Jordan  (Read 2280 times)
Dolarltexas

« on: June 27, 2019, 09:54:51 pm »

I wasn't completely surprised when I learned that Deon Jordan has been suspended yet again. Nor was I surprised that it was for drugs again.  This time he took Adderol after his prescription had expired. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/14/dion-jordan-suspended-10-games-for-ped-violation/
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 05:21:59 am »

If the failed test was truly for Adderall, I feel bad for him. He had a therapeutic exemption for it, but it seems like he apparently just didn't get it renewed. If the guy has a medical need for Adderall, and wasn't just abusing it, that sucks.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 04:15:43 pm »

Maybe he forgot to take it, which made him forget to renew his exemption.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 05:02:41 pm »

Eh ticky tacky
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 10:26:59 am »

If the failed test was truly for Adderall, I feel bad for him. He had a therapeutic exemption for it, but it seems like he apparently just didn't get it renewed. If the guy has a medical need for Adderall, and wasn't just abusing it, that sucks.
Hard to feel sorry for a guy who makes millions to know what is going in his body and where he stands with his employer. This guy likes being suspended.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 02:08:58 pm »

He likes drugs. It isn't that hard to get a prescription.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 03:11:42 pm »

I don’t really get the whole idea of exemptions for particular drugs.  Either ban it for everyone or permit it for everyone.  Otherwise it is just a stupid game.  Every team has someone who will prescribe anything the team requests.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 03:17:17 pm »

It's not like he was going to be a big contributor to any team, even if a team were to take a chance on him.  His NFL career is definitely over, maybe he can get a year or two in Canada, but I doubt it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 05:05:30 pm »

I don’t think it would be a bad move for a contending team to sign him for low money, bring him in for camp.  For 10 games he doesn’t count against the 53.  Assess the situation week 11.  Injury plagued at DT, keep him.  If all set at DT release him or if he shows up out of shape with no impact on roster spots, and minimal cap space.

If I was a GM I would offer every decent FA player that is starting the season suspended at league minimum contact and use them as a shadow roster to fill in injuries or to upgrade.  It isn’t like starting the season suspended is a barrier to being SB MVP. 🙂

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 07:21:43 pm »

I don’t think it would be a bad move for a contending team to sign him for low money, bring him in for camp.  For 10 games he doesn’t count against the 53.  Assess the situation week 11.  Injury plagued at DT, keep him.  If all set at DT release him or if he shows up out of shape with no impact on roster spots, and minimal cap space.

If I was a GM I would offer every decent FA player that is starting the season suspended at league minimum contact and use them as a shadow roster to fill in injuries or to upgrade.  It isn’t like starting the season suspended is a barrier to being SB MVP. 🙂

I disagree, it would be a total waste of time on a player that can't follow the simplest of rules after being suspended for them multiple times; not to mention injury plagued since college.  But hey if you think it's a great move let BB know, they could use another DT. lol
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 07:55:44 pm »

The guy is a DE.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 08:06:27 pm »

But hey if you think it's a great move let BB know, they could use another DT. lol

He doesn’t return my calls anymore.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray