Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:03:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  If I was the coach....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: If I was the coach....  (Read 3776 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: July 08, 2019, 10:15:33 pm »

I would start on my first day by telling my team...

"This an important rule.  If you score a touchdown, you must carry the ball and place it at the foot of the goal post right after scoring.  If you don't, you will be fined.  That way, we won't have any crazy things happen such as this...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdbtLEFbuew

NFL players this has happened to include

Ed Reed
Danny Treviathan
Desean Jackson
Leon Lett
Champ Bailey 

« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:19:51 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 08:18:48 am »

And on day two, YOU are fined for violating the CBA.  The hostility created by you violating the CBA and the necessitating involving the NFLPA on your first day on the job will likely mean you won’t finish your first season.

While every coach needs to stress ball security and finishing plays your approach, like all of your approaches is seriously flawed.

So far this season you have tampered with other teams players and violated the CBA rules regarding team fines.  Please stop.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:29:09 am »

Although I find this thread pointless, it isn't as egregious as other D4L posts.  Yes, finish the play.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 08:42:09 am »

Moved to other sports, because relationship to Dolphins is almost nonexistent, video is of a college game.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 01:32:08 pm »

And on day two, YOU are fined for violating the CBA.  The hostility created by you violating the CBA and the necessitating involving the NFLPA on your first day on the job will likely mean you won’t finish your first season.

While every coach needs to stress ball security and finishing plays your approach, like all of your approaches is seriously flawed.

So far this season you have tampered with other teams players and violated the CBA rules regarding team fines.  Please stop.

This gave me a pretty good laugh. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 03:21:47 pm »

This gave me a pretty good laugh. 

Glad to be of assistance.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 11:58:30 pm »

Why would I get fined for telling my players to leave the ball at the goal post?   

Would telling them to hand it to the referee be legal?

Sadly, this type of play is what will likely get Brady the Super Bowl next season.  That's about the only thing that HASN'T happened to him.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 12:00:02 am »

Kaelin Clay learned his lesson.

Watch his two punt return touchdowns in the NFL

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 02:45:31 am »

Why would I get fined for telling my players to leave the ball at the goal post?
You wouldn't be fined for telling them to leave the ball at the goal post.
You would be fined for fining them if they didn't do it.

I know people have these ideas about enacting a bunch of crazy rules on these wild, undisciplined players, but the NFL is a professional workplace with collectively bargained guidelines.  So before we can enact fantasies of running the NFL like a boot camp, we would first need to enact the other fantasy of abolishing the players' union.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 02:46:27 pm »

Moved to other sports, because relationship to Dolphins is almost nonexistent, video is of a college game.

Yet you have no issue with a  World Cup thread with multiple pages of political talk.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 03:00:07 pm »

Yet you have no issue with a  World Cup thread with multiple pages of political talk.

I am not happy with how CF Dolfan shoehorned politics into a World Cup discussion.  But it started as a worldcup discussion so sports not off topic is its home.  This thread was never about the Dolphins.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 09:09:00 pm »

Acceptable reasoning. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 12:48:05 pm »

I am not happy with how CF Dolfan shoehorned politics into a World Cup discussion. 
So you agree now? Athletes should not try to drag politics into sports. I knew you'd come around eventually!  Cheesy

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 01:11:30 pm »

So you agree now? Athletes should not try to drag politics into sports. I knew you'd come around eventually!  Cheesy

I have absolutely no problem with athletes expressing their political opinions.  And I have no problem with individuals expressing their political opinions in appropriate threads. But I think it is incredibly selfish of YOU to have destroyed the world cup thread.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 01:55:25 pm »

I have absolutely no problem with athletes expressing their political opinions.  And I have no problem with individuals expressing their political opinions in appropriate threads. But I think it is incredibly selfish of YOU to have destroyed the world cup thread.
What if I tell you I'll vote Democrat? That typically causes you to turn a blind eye!  Wink

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray