Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:23:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Support for Trump undermining evangelical church
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Support for Trump undermining evangelical church  (Read 13555 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« on: July 09, 2019, 11:36:51 am »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/07/evangelical-christians-face-deepening-crisis/593353/

That was a fascinating article.

As an atheist, I see the "mainstream" churches in the US and their dabbling in politics and I can't help but feel like they are spreading and are inherently evil. So good job churches, way to go.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 04:00:30 pm »

Trump is the least religious president in generations.  The last president that actually followed the tenants of Jesus was Jimmy Carter. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:12:34 pm »

Silly article written by someone who probably believes it's ok to kill babies.  The points are so stupid. Trump is evil because he cheated on his wife and then paid hush money to a hooker. First ... no one elected him because he led a moral life. If that is the only what Christians should see then they would never vote. Secondly if you ever get around to reading the Bible you will see that God uses some of the biggest sinners of the bible to do His will. Paul hunted and horribly killed Christians and then became the largest author of the New Testament. Trump helps the Christian agenda much more than any liberal I've seen so that's what most Christians are voting for. Not him or his untarnished reputation. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 04:19:46 pm »

Trump is evil because he rapes children.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/310835987/Donald-Trump-Lawsuit
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:27:51 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 04:29:40 pm »

Trump is evil because he raped children.
If he did then he would be. Why would you say that? According to court documents filed by a lawyer representing three of Epstein’s alleged victims, Trump banned his former friend from Mar-a-Lago because he “sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club.”

Doesn't sound like someone who is condoning raping little girls.

edited to add ... the lawsuit against him was dropped. Kavanough was accused too and it seems like most people now agree he didn't do anything wrong. I know it shouldn't be this way but it's hard to take any charges too seriously until facts come out these days. People are always looking for a way to make an easy buck.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:32:14 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 04:32:25 pm »

If he did then he would be. Why would you say that? According to court documents filed by a lawyer representing three of Epstein’s alleged victims, Trump banned his former friend from Mar-a-Lago because he “sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club.”

Doesn't sound like someone who is condoning raping little girls.

from what I've read the problem Trump had was the "at the club" part .. not the "sexually assaulted an underage girl" part.. and for the record .. an underage girl is a child .. not an underage girl

And the suit was dropped if i read correctly because they were receiving death threats that only escalated after he won the election. I wonder why they didn't believe they'd get a fair shake against a powerful millionaire.

Also the latest of Trumps rape victims has documented accounts and contemporaneous proof of his assault but it's been normalized and not followed up on. I saw a report yesterday that only 14% of americans are even aware that someone has come out with proof of trump having raped her.

There are reports of trump sexually assaulting women, there are multiple reports of it.. he's confessed to it on tape and yet people don't believe that's happened.  When someone tells you who they are .. you should believe them.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:38:41 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 04:34:56 pm »

I'll just say this. If evidence comes out against him I'll definitely not back him. If the evidence is similar to the Kavanaugh case it won't affect me.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 05:58:20 pm »

I'll just say this. If evidence comes out against him I'll definitely not back him. If the evidence is similar to the Kavanaugh case it won't affect me.

Bullshit.

If the audio tape of him talking to Billy Bush and his own admission that he would go into the pageant dressing room to voyeur women, isn’t enough to convince you he is a sexual predator, nothing will.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 06:01:10 pm »

I find it funny that liberals have no problem thinking Trump diddles underage girls, but you mention a Clinton death squad and you're a conspiracy theorist.  There is more of a case for a death squad then there is for any of the stuff Trump is accused of.  At the very least, it's on par.  Point being, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 06:56:45 pm »

I find it funny that liberals have no problem thinking Trump diddles underage girls, but you mention a Clinton death squad and you're a conspiracy theorist.  There is more of a case for a death squad then there is for any of the stuff Trump is accused of.  At the very least, it's on par.  Point being, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

No evidence of Clinton death squads.  But Trump has bragged about being a sexual predator multiple times.  I do not know if his being a sexual predator extends to minors or not.  But that he is an unabashed sexual predator is supported by his own statements.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 01:15:55 am »

I think we all remember the time when Hillary Clinton was caught on tape bragging about how easy it is to have people killed, and then all us leftists said, "I don't vote for politicians because they are moral, so if Hillary Clinton will make sure that everyone can get an abortion at any time, I literally don't care about anything else."

First ... no one elected him because he led a moral life. If that is the only what Christians should see then they would never vote.
The reason why the right takes so much flak for supporting an obviously immoral man is that you frequently use morality as your go-to explanations for all sorts of laws you insist must be imposed on others.  Yet Trump won the GOP nomination over many other more-morally-sound candidates who have been anti-abortion their whole lives, and who aren't on their third wives.  Why?  Because Trump was willing to ban Muslims and build a wall to keep brown people out, and the others weren't.  That's the REAL morality of the right.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 04:08:42 am »

I think we all remember the time when Hillary Clinton was caught on tape bragging about how easy it is to have people killed, and then all us leftists said, "I don't vote for politicians because they are moral, so if Hillary Clinton will make sure that everyone can get an abortion at any time, I literally don't care about anything else."
The reason why the right takes so much flak for supporting an obviously immoral man is that you frequently use morality as your go-to explanations for all sorts of laws you insist must be imposed on others.  Yet Trump won the GOP nomination over many other more-morally-sound candidates who have been anti-abortion their whole lives, and who aren't on their third wives.  Why?  Because Trump was willing to ban Muslims and build a wall to keep brown people out, and the others weren't.  That's the REAL morality of the right.

If those brown people aren't US citizens then they need to be kept out. Also for future reference, keep out the non US citizen ultra bright white Canadians, Europeans, and yellow Asians. Maybe just say we're full and close the border all together. Thanks.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 07:52:48 am »

If being highly moral was somehow an enforceable mandatory qualification for the presidency, we probably would not have had a president since Lincoln.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 08:19:00 am »

Carter was moral, so was Eisenhower .. i suspect Ford was too
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:20:32 am by Fau Teixeira » Logged
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 09:14:03 am »

Carter was moral, so was Eisenhower .. i suspect Ford was too

You don't know that they were moral any more than I know that they were not moral.  It is mere conjecture on the part of both of us.  And my comment about Lincoln being the last moral president was kind of made in jest.  Sort of. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray