Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:12:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Car anxiety
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Car anxiety  (Read 8486 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2019, 02:37:58 pm »

I have an '09 Camry Hybrid
Point well taken.  I leave it to the reader to judge which option you actually believe saves money.

To get back to the original topic, in the position D4L describes, the best value is likely to keep and maintain the same car, but if you decide to replace it, a used hybrid is the best value by far.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2019, 02:40:14 pm »

I think y'all would argue which of these is correct:  A half dozen of one or six of another.
Nothing to argue about, math is math. I provided him with several articles that all point to the same thing. Anyhow, he should feel good. I let him win, now he can go argue with Motortrend, LMFAO....

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2019, 02:58:17 pm »

Point well taken.  I leave it to the reader to judge which option you actually believe saves money.

To get back to the original topic, in the position D4L describes, the best value is likely to keep and maintain the same car, but if you decide to replace it, a used hybrid is the best value by far.
I didn't buy it, it was a hand me down from my parents when they bought a new car in 2016. Who wouldn't take a free car?

I do believe they save money? Of course, they do get better gas mileage. But the mileage savings isn't worth paying a premium of thousands of dollars up front hoping I recoup it 5-12 years down the road. Now that I have experience with a hybrid I can 100% say that I wouldn't pay extra for one unless I recouped my money in the first year. The thousands of dollars in extra cost for a hybrid isn't justified. If you like hybrids for some kind of environmental reason, be a man and just say so. But they DO NOT save any money unless you drive a shit ton of miles and/or keep it forever. Math is math.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2019, 12:07:32 pm »

The light came on for good.

I will bring it in ASAP. 

I really hope I don't need another one.  I had $9000 saved towards a new one.  However, I put $5000 in a two year CD, in the hope that this car will last me another two years.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2019, 02:15:42 pm »

The light came on for good.

I will bring it in ASAP. 

I really hope I don't need another one.  I had $9000 saved towards a new one.  However, I put $5000 in a two year CD, in the hope that this car will last me another two years.
What light? Your car probably has a dozen warning lights. Some matter, some not so much.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2019, 01:38:05 pm »

Congratulations on Tough Mudder.

And relax about your car.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: