Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:12:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Support for Trump undermining evangelical church
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Support for Trump undermining evangelical church  (Read 13235 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2019, 02:09:10 pm »

You're really out of touch if you want to compare Nazi concentration camps to illegal immigration detention centers.

looks like a duck, sounds like a duck .. quacks like a duck ..at some point .. it's a fucking duck
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2019, 02:10:35 pm »

looks like a duck, sounds like a duck .. quacks like a duck ..at some point .. it's a fucking duck
SMH worse than anything D4L has ever said man.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2019, 02:14:04 pm »

If you don't like ducks, don't hang out at the lake....

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2019, 02:30:42 pm »

What context am I missing here?
Masses of people kept in subhuman conditions in order to further a dear leader's political point. His party falls in line because his vocal minority will demolish them in primaries if they don't.

The vast majority of prisoners that have broken no laws and crony friends of the people in power are profiting from this.

I'm sorry that you're blinded by some sort of rose tinted glasses of naivete or some sort of political tribalism.

But what's going on in these camps is objectively evil. We are perpetrating evil onto desperate people who have committed no crime because they are brown.

The fact that this is being justified at all is incredibly sad. The fact that you can't stand a comparison that is not only appropriate but validated and endorsed by not only general historians but also experts on the holocaust says something about you and not me. If the comparison makes you uncomfortable then take a look in the mirror.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2019, 02:42:54 pm »

Masses of people kept in subhuman conditions in order to further a dear leader's political point. His party falls in line because his vocal minority will demolish them in primaries if they don't.

The vast majority of prisoners that have broken no laws and crony friends of the people in power are profiting from this.

I'm sorry that you're blinded by some sort of rose tinted glasses of naivete or some sort of political tribalism.

But what's going on in these camps is objectively evil. We are perpetrating evil onto desperate people who have committed no crime because they are brown.

The fact that this is being justified at all is incredibly sad. The fact that you can't stand a comparison that is not only appropriate but validated and endorsed by not only general historians but also experts on the holocaust says something about you and not me. If the comparison makes you uncomfortable then take a look in the mirror.
As you lefties would say, let's use this as a teachable moment.

https://www.jta.org/2019/07/08/united-states/these-jews-called-out-aoc-over-her-use-of-concentration-camps-heres-what-they-think-about-the-detention-centers  

Republican Jewish Coalition

“Six million Jews were killed in the Holocaust. It is disgraceful for Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to compare our nation’s immigration policies to the horrors carried out by the Nazis.”

Anti-Defamation League

“Almost exactly one year ago, we urged caution when drawing comparisons to the Holocaust and reiterated our opposition to the horrible conditions separating families at the border,” tweeted Jonathan Greenblatt, national director of the organization combating anti-Semitism. “This resonates just as strongly today.”

Simon Wiesenthal Center

“It’s an insult to the victims of the Shoah to make blatant false comparisons,” Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Holocaust research organization, told Jewish Insider. “Stop casting Trump as a latter-day Nazi scheming to build concentration camps. AOC and all Congressmen from both parties have a moral obligation to fix the humanitarian disaster at the border.”

National Council of Young Israel

“Making references to concentration camps in that context minimizes the atrocities of the Holocaust and cheapens the memories of the countless Jews who perished in those horrific camps,” Farley Weiss, president of the right-wing Orthodox synagogue organization, wrote in a letter. “There is simply no comparison with what happened in these concentration camps with what is occurring at the border.”

The Coalition for Jewish Values

“Concentration camps were places where Nazis inflicted slave labor, torture and death upon innocent Jews removed from their homes at gunpoint and transported there in cattle cars,” said Rabbi Avrohom Gordimer of the right-wing Orthodox rabbis’ group. “To use Holocaust terminology regarding the refugee situation at the border is deeply offensive.”

....and so on.  If you read, they say there are concerns about conditions, but to compare it to Nazi concentration camps is down right ignorant and intolerant.  The hypocrisy you and a lot of the left show here is pretty funny actually.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:45:23 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2019, 02:43:17 pm »

I have yet to see people stripped naked, herded into gas chambers to be killed, then their bodies burned to ashes.  Nor have a seen racks of people in barracks' that are nothing but skin and bones from being mal-nourished for months.  Sadly, I believe that a better job needs to be done with some of the conditions, at some of the locations; but comparing it to Nazi concentration camps is just hyperbole.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2019, 02:52:32 pm »

He basically said since you hate this country so much then go back to the country you or your relatives came from and enjoy yourself. No sense in sugar coating it. It's no different than a Floridian saying if you like New York/New Jersey so much then get on I-95 and head north but since he is a politician the other side has to act offended. hahaha That's all politics is these days. Acting like the other side offended you and you just cannot deal with that any longer.

They don’t hate this country.  They hate what Trump is doing to this country.  There is a big difference.  But Trump and his supporters believe that anyone who disagrees with the Fuhuer Trump, should leave the country.  Hallmark of a dictator and unique to only 1 of 44 presidents.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2019, 02:57:46 pm »

I have yet to see people stripped naked, herded into gas chambers to be killed, then their bodies burned to ashes.  Nor have a seen racks of people in barracks' that are nothing but skin and bones from being mal-nourished for months.  Sadly, I believe that a better job needs to be done with some of the conditions, at some of the locations; but comparing it to Nazi concentration camps is just hyperbole.

You weren't seeing that in 1930s germany either.  This is how tyranny starts .. when people do nothing in the face of evil
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2019, 02:59:12 pm »

You weren't seeing that in 1930s germany either.  This is how tyranny starts .. when people do nothing in the face of evil
Like I said, delusional.  Also, you're going to gloss over everything I posted on how offensive what you are saying is?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:04:46 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2019, 03:01:47 pm »

You are missing a lot of context.   These people have broken the law.   They are here when they are not supposed to be here.   They are here illegally.   That's the whole point.   Trump is not anti-immigrant.   He is anti-illegal immigrant.   

Of course, you can't see that through your liberal colored glasses.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2019, 03:08:41 pm »

....and so on.  If you read, they say there are concerns about conditions, but to compare it to Nazi concentration camps is down right ignorant and intolerant.  The hypocrisy you and a lot of the left show here is pretty funny actually.

And I can roll out just as many quotes from jewish organizations and the Auschwitz museum saying the exact opposite. That comparisons between 1930s nazi camps and current border camps are appropriate. That the stage we are now as a country is a historical stepping stone on the way to death camps. That death camps don't happen overnight and that it was a gradual escalation. That never forgetting means never forgetting the path and not just the end result. Your ignorance is glaring. The lack of concern in the face of repeated warnings is pure hubris.

And what hypocrisy have I shown here? My views on this have been consistent. You know why? because i read history. I've studied history. Back to the topic of this thread, Hypocrisy is people calling themselves christians and supporting Trump.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2019, 03:09:40 pm »

I have yet to see people stripped naked, herded into gas chambers to be killed, then their bodies burned to ashes.  Nor have a seen racks of people in barracks' that are nothing but skin and bones from being mal-nourished for months.  Sadly, I believe that a better job needs to be done with some of the conditions, at some of the locations; but comparing it to Nazi concentration camps is just hyperbole.

Comparing them to Auschwitz 1943, true not the same.  Comparing the conditions to Dachau 1934 not too materially different.  Comparing Trump to what Hitler did in the 40s is not the point. Huge parallels between what Trump has done in office to Hitlers first few years.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2019, 03:11:40 pm »

You are missing a lot of context.   These people have broken the law.   They are here when they are not supposed to be here.   They are here illegally.   That's the whole point.   Trump is not anti-immigrant.   He is anti-illegal immigrant.  

Of course, you can't see that through your liberal colored glasses.

What laws have they broken? Being here isn't illegal. Saying trump is not anti-immigrant probably the most ridiculous thing you've ever said.  .. no wait .. take it back .. i know you've said way worse
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2019, 03:16:36 pm »

Y'all have lost your damn minds.  I'm done with this one.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2019, 03:34:53 pm »

And I can roll out just as many quotes from jewish organizations and the Auschwitz museum saying the exact opposite. That comparisons between 1930s nazi camps and current border camps are appropriate. That the stage we are now as a country is a historical stepping stone on the way to death camps. That death camps don't happen overnight and that it was a gradual escalation. That never forgetting means never forgetting the path and not just the end result. Your ignorance is glaring. The lack of concern in the face of repeated warnings is pure hubris.

And what hypocrisy have I shown here? My views on this have been consistent. You know why? because i read history. I've studied history. Back to the topic of this thread, Hypocrisy is people calling themselves christians and supporting Trump.
Where's your hypocrisy? As I posted earlier, according to Jeh Johnson, Obama's Homeland Security Secretary and Thomas Homan, Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, these detention centers were built and started under Obama. Not to mention, most of the pictures of "children in cages" that the media used were taken in 2014 when Obama was in office. So give credit where credit is due, OBAMA.....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray