Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:50:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Support for Trump undermining evangelical church
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Support for Trump undermining evangelical church  (Read 13250 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2019, 03:49:39 pm »

What laws have they broken? Being here isn't illegal. Saying trump is not anti-immigrant probably the most ridiculous thing you've ever said.  .. no wait .. take it back .. i know you've said way worse

If you are here when you're not supposed to be here, then you are here ILLEGALLY.   If you snuck into this country without proper documentation/processing, you are here ILLEGALLY, even if your parents did it for you.  If you overstay your vacation/student visa, you are here ILLEGALLY.   If you don't leave when ordered to do so by ICE authorities, you are here ILLEGALLY.   It can't be more simple than that.   

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2019, 03:52:52 pm »

Where's your hypocrisy? As I posted earlier, according to Jeh Johnson, Obama's Homeland Security Secretary and Thomas Homan, Obama’s executive associate director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, these detention centers were built and started under Obama. Not to mention, most of the pictures of "children in cages" that the media used were taken in 2014 when Obama was in office. So give credit where credit is due, OBAMA.....

What's your point? Did you just assume that i'm an Obama fanboi? Did I say somewhere that I supported Obama detention centers but now don't support them that they're trump detention centers? Oh ... maybe I posted something about loving Obama caging children but hating Trump caging children. Cause if I did .. wow .. that would be so hypocritical .. but since I've never posted anything remotely even close to that i guess i'm still not getting your point.

From what I've read the problem was severely escalated when Trump put in some sort of 0 tolerance policy that made this all way worse.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2019, 03:55:08 pm »

If you are here when you're not supposed to be here, then you are here ILLEGALLY.   If you snuck into this country without proper documentation/processing, you are here ILLEGALLY, even if your parents did it for you.  If you overstay your vacation/student visa, you are here ILLEGALLY.   If you don't leave when ordered to do so by ICE authorities, you are here ILLEGALLY.   It can't be more simple than that.   

So just conjecture on your part then .. cause it's legal to come into this country by any means and to request asylum .. 100% legal .. and then they get caged and mistreated for following the law.

I believe i even posted a link to the specific law allowing for that.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2019, 04:26:37 pm »

What's your point? Did you just assume that i'm an Obama fanboi? Did I say somewhere that I supported Obama detention centers but now don't support them that they're trump detention centers? Oh ... maybe I posted something about loving Obama caging children but hating Trump caging children. Cause if I did .. wow .. that would be so hypocritical .. but since I've never posted anything remotely even close to that i guess i'm still not getting your point.

From what I've read the problem was severely escalated when Trump put in some sort of 0 tolerance policy that made this all way worse.
My point is that if this was a real issue it would have been brought up long before Trump took the White House. If Hillary won the election and she was doing the exact same thing as Trump, you wouldn't be saying shit.

So just conjecture on your part then .. cause it's legal to come into this country by any means and to request asylum .. 100% legal .. and then they get caged and mistreated for following the law.

I believe i even posted a link to the specific law allowing for that.
Just because you request asylum doesn't mean you're granted asylum. In the meantime you'll be detained while your request is pending. You actually think that anyone who utters the word asylum should be free to roam the United States as free as a citizen. If so, you're nuts.....

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2019, 05:01:48 pm »

My point is that if this was a real issue it would have been brought up long before Trump took the White House. If Hillary won the election and she was doing the exact same thing as Trump, you wouldn't be saying shit.

I see you broke out the "if ma' had balls" argument .. good play.. Way to gloss over the line where trump specifically made this much worse.

Just because you request asylum doesn't mean you're granted asylum. In the meantime you'll be detained while your request is pending. You actually think that anyone who utters the word asylum should be free to roam the United States as free as a citizen. If so, you're nuts.....

also nice straw-man .. i said it wasn't illegal i never said we should release them .. but how about a common sense alternative .. since they aren't criminals .. lets stop treating them like criminals .. that's a novel thought.

Besides .. at $775 / night that the GEO group is charging taxpayers per person, maybe we could instead put them up at a much better location for alot less money. I think we can get a room at the boca raton resort for about $500 night .. that would be a 30% savings right there!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2019, 06:05:01 pm »

As I understood his comments, it sounded like he's saying go back to your country of origin, fix the mess that's there, then come back here, and use your newly gained experience and expertise to help fix the mess here. That's not racist.
AOC was born in NYC.  Her father was also born in NYC, and her mother was born in Puerto Rico.  What is her "country of origin"?  AOC has more American lineage in her family than Trump does; he's the child of am immigrant, and his kids (except Tiffany) are the children of immigrants.

He never told Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi to go back to their "country of origin" because they're white, which makes them American.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2019, 07:46:28 pm »

Ok. So then he told AOC to go back to NYC and fix the problems there. Even less “racist” than telling her to go back to her country of her ancestors.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2019, 09:13:07 pm »

Ok. So then he told AOC to go back to NYC and fix the problems there. Even less “racist” than telling her to go back to her country of her ancestors.

And Lord knows New York has a lot of problems, especially South Bronx where she hails from.   

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2019, 02:00:06 am »

Except that he DID say "countries," and he said that they should work out "travel arrangements" to go there.  So even if he hadn't said "countries," the Trump-apologists' excuse of "He was just talking about Pelosi making travel arrangements for these women to go back to... the cities they were born in and represent in Congress today" still doesn't make any sense.

I still don't get why people insist on defending this garbage.  At least CF is honest enough to say that Trump delivers on the important policies, and so he doesn't care about anything else Trump does.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:08:05 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2019, 09:57:12 am »

I still don't get why people insist on defending this garbage.  At least CF is honest enough to say that Trump delivers on the important policies, and so he doesn't care about anything else Trump does.

Trump's "Important Policies," which include:

1) Make more money through Presidential leverage and tax cuts for billionaires
2) Make everyone admit how awesome he is, and how smart he is, and how large his hands are
3) Jail everyone who tries to stop him from making money or who says that he isn't the most awesomest human being ever.
4) Put people who gave him money into cabinet positions that they aren't qualified for.
5) Alienate every real ally we've had for the past 70 years
6) Snuggle up to the dictators of the world

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2019, 11:39:40 am »

I still don't get why people insist on defending this garbage.  At least CF is honest enough to say that Trump delivers on the important policies, and so he doesn't care about anything else Trump does.

One of the biggest issues people have ... including myself, is that whenever anyone opposes us we go defensive rather than saying ... "you know, you may be right about that". Social media exacerbates that. In this day and age it's hard for Democrats to admit they have "people who the directions on shampoo bottles" were written for and it's hard for Republicans to admit Trump does things we wish he wouldn't. I think of him as a hot mess.  He may look like he is in a state of disarray but he maintains an undeniable attractiveness because his policies align with mine. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2019, 02:12:31 pm »

I see you broke out the "if ma' had balls" argument .. good play..
I don't even know what that jibberish means

Way to gloss over the line where trump specifically made this much worse.
So you think zero tolerance made this worse? Laws aren't meant to have tolerance. You either enforce the laws 100% or you don't. Laws that aren't enforced aren't really laws, they're just suggestions.

also nice straw-man .. i said it wasn't illegal i never said we should release them .. but how about a common sense alternative .. since they aren't criminals .. lets stop treating them like criminals .. that's a novel thought.

Besides .. at $775 / night that the GEO group is charging taxpayers per person, maybe we could instead put them up at a much better location for alot less money. I think we can get a room at the boca raton resort for about $500 night .. that would be a 30% savings right there!
You can either detain them, deport them, or set them free. You don't go visit someone's house and complain about the accommodations. If you don't like it then you are free to leave. Likewise, if they don't like the process or being detained until their asylum case is resolved, they can go elsewhere. Maybe Canada will take them, treat them like royalty, and immediately set them free to do as the please.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2019, 02:41:34 am »

The true irony in all of this is that Trump is telling these women to go back to their countries and fix them... and as elected members of Congress, that's literally what they are trying to do right now.  They aren't sitting around shitposting on Twitter or making dank memes on the internet; they are taking one of the most direct steps possible to fix the problems of their home country.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2019, 11:06:35 am »

One of the biggest issues people have ... including myself, is that whenever anyone opposes us we go defensive rather than saying ... "you know, you may be right about that".

I don't think I fall into this.  Maybe I'm fooling myself.  I think Trump is a disaster of a leader and embodies none of the qualities I respect in another person, much less in leadership.

And I can't really think of "things he's done" and be proud of anything, really.  I suppose there are instances where he backs off and doesn't act, where I appreciate the restraint.  ...so if that counts, good, I suppose.

But I do think that some liberals pile on and make arguments that are either unfair or, at least, distracting and missing the point.  For example, trying to tie him to Eppstein, who is a creep.  ...like, what's the point.  You aren't who your friends are.  I'm sure I have had plenty of friends in my life who are creeps and if you went and found old photos of me at parties, I'd be there with some pretty huge scumbags.  That's not a fair criticism of Trump, but it also wasn't fair to try to tie Harvey Weinstein to any of the liberals that he hung around.  You can be a good person and hang out with some scumbags, especially if you didn't know they were scumbags.  It's also not fair to criticize him for the actions of his father.  You aren't your parents...has Star Wars taught us nothing?

And then there's rhetoric that is just not helpful.  Like refusing-to-call-him-president type of bullshit.  Trump is my president.  He's a bad one.  And he's an asshole and habitual liar and egomaniac and probably a sociopath.  But he was elected.  Focusing on his illegitimacy because he sucks is just not beneficial and it hurts the main goal, which is just to make him accountable for the things he says and does.  And nobody is holding him accountable to anything.  In this thread alone, the conservatives are either denying his meaning or accepting it, but saying it doesn't matter because he's doing what you want.

In terms of the racist stuff, I don't know if Trump is actually a racist in his heart, in terms of he thinks minorities are lesser people.  But he does have a history of actions that tell a story that he doubles-down on racist stuff over and over again.  If it was once or twice, you could say that it's just circumstances, but there is a pattern.  But what I do believe is absolutely true is that he uses race as a wedge to stoke fires and drum up racism in others.  He is depending on racism to improve his popularity in his base.  And so all this stuff he does and says is a wink and a nod to make white people and men afraid of minorities and the power of women.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2019, 10:53:17 pm »

I will just say that seeing him in a photo or a video of a party with Epstein from a long time ago means nothing. If he was hanging out with Epstein now it would be a different story. That being said, he's gotten sued by women that have reported that he's raped them when they were 13. So he can be thought of as a pedophile completely separate from Epstein.

I think Trump is a racist in the same way Tommy was a racist. People keep saying things like "i don't know if he was a racist in his heart" but he ended up posting photos of a black man being lynched in order to talk trash about a college football coach.  So that point i don't care what's in his heart cause i see what his actions are and that's enough for me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray