Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:26:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  18 games/play 16
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 18 games/play 16  (Read 5956 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 04:48:01 pm »

Of more immediate concern is the AFC team in the Bay.  MIA plays OAK at least once every three years, and has played them 5 times since 2011, yet the one game in OAK was moved to London... and the Raiders are leaving next year.  So I've learned not to put too much stock in the schedule.

Difference is that you didn't buy tickets for the game in London and then show up at the stadium only to find out they were in London. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 02:26:41 pm »

Just make the last two preseason games regular games, but only count them as a half of a win, or a tie to the team that wins.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 02:31:34 pm »

Just make the last two preseason games regular games, but only count them as a half of a win, or a tie to the team that wins.
So the first two games are changed to pre-preseason, then the next two games are worth half a win or loss each, the new preseason if you will, then the rest of the schedule is the regular season...in fact, they should add two more wildcard teams, but not the wildcard teams that made the playoffs, these will be pre-wildcard spots for each conference, they can play each other before the playoffs for a pre-postseason playoff.

So it will go:  Pre-preseason->Preseason->Regular Season->Pre-Playoff->Playoffs->Probowl->Superbowl   Tongue
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 02:33:33 pm »

So the first two games are changed to pre-preseason, then the next two games are worth half a win or loss each, the new preseason if you will, then the rest of the schedule is the regular season...in fact, they should add two more wildcard teams, but not the wildcard teams that made the playoffs, these will be pre-wildcard spots for each conference, they can play each other before the playoffs for a pre-postseason playoff.

So it will go:  Pre-preseason->Preseason->Regular Season->Pre-Playoff->Playoffs->Probowl->Superbowl   Tongue

Makes as much sense as the 16/18 proposal.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 02:35:01 pm »

Excellent idea!  Grin Although perhaps the regular season should be followed by the Pro Bowl, then a week off before the Pre-Playoff games.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 02:47:21 pm »

Excellent idea!  Grin Although perhaps the regular season should be followed by the Pro Bowl, then a week off before the Pre-Playoff games.
May as well add a conference championship losers game as well.  More football = more $$$$
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 02:56:51 pm »

May as well add a conference championship losers game as well.  More football = more $$$$

I honesty would not mind a third place game, held the day before the SB.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 03:07:21 pm »

I honesty would not mind a third place game, held the day before the SB.

I wouldn't mind that either.   But hold it the Sunday before the Super Bowl and move the Pro Bowl back to the Sunday after.   That way, the Pro Bowl can serve its purpose..... being a cool down game where fans can watch their favorite stars play one more time before settling in for the long offseason.  That will also allow players on Super Bowl teams to participate.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 03:18:12 pm »

I wouldn't mind a 3rd place game (I was kind of joking before), but what's the incentive?  It would have to be a pretty good pay day for a player to play in it and risk injury.  Probowl has a similar criticism, but that's the best of the best, I see why they would want to play in it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 03:50:24 pm »

I wouldn't mind a 3rd place game (I was kind of joking before), but what's the incentive?  It would have to be a pretty good pay day for a player to play in it and risk injury.  Probowl has a similar criticism, but that's the best of the best, I see why they would want to play in it.

Actually, not many players want to play in the Pro Bowl.   They just want to be picked to play in it. 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray