Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:41:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Playoff thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Playoff thread  (Read 12531 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2021, 11:23:22 am »

I'll keep saying, if we don't lose Tua to injury early in the season we're playing for the division title easily...even with bad losses to the Jags and ATL.

Side note:  If the Jags beat the Pats next week, the Jets would be the only team from the AFCE to beat them.

In theory, yes. However, do we go on the streak we have right now if we don't start 1-7? Hard to say. Only thing for sure is that Jacoby absolutely sucked and shouldn't be on this team next year.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2021, 11:38:31 am »

Pretty cool to be at this point considering how the season started. If they can win the next three it will show that maybe with just a few more pieces and some development we can be legitimate contenders.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2021, 02:21:23 pm »

In theory, yes. However, do we go on the streak we have right now if we don't start 1-7? Hard to say. Only thing for sure is that Jacoby absolutely sucked and shouldn't be on this team next year.
I don't know how to tell you this but we didn't lose games because of Jacoby, we lost because our defense was garbage for about 7 weeks straight. When the defense turned it around our season turned around plain and simple. Tua didn't have a whole lot to do with it. Go look at the box scores for Tua for the Jags and the Falcons. Tua played well in both games and we lost both of them. Now go look at Jacoby's box scores for the Colts and the Bucs. He played well enough to win in both of those games about on par with what Tua did against the Jags and Falcons, arguably inferior defenses to the Colts and Bucs. We lost all those games because the defense couldn't stop anyone and that's after having a good year last year where they were one of the top defenses in the league. We started winning when our defense stopped allowing 30 points a game and started to play like they did last year which is how we won 10 games. Jacoby actually didn't play that well against the Ravens or the Texans but we won both games because of the defense. Tua has played better than Jacoby, but not THAT much better. The offense is still the same old offense that they have been throwing out there for the last 2 years, some highs and some lows, but still not a consistently good offense. Tua has gotten better over the course of the year and so has Waddle, but it's not the offense that is winning games for us, it's the defense. The defense is what has made the difference from the losing streak to the winning streak, that's not even up for debate. I know the offense is all that anyone but me cares about, but it's the defense that is the reason that we lost 7 straight and the reason that we have won 6 straight and it will be the reason we keep winning if we in fact do. If the Dolphins give up 30 to any of the next 3 opponents, the season is over.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:18:28 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2021, 06:54:38 am »

Well, we are through our softer than butter part of the schedule and the odds have improved... up to our last two games which will really test if we belong or not.

Tennessee are still without Henry (or maybe not?). If we can't beat them without him, we sure as hell can't come week 1 of the playoffs (where we are currently projected to meet).

Then the Dark Lord BB of NE who would like nothing less than to bounce our butts out of playoff contention.

We will either earn it the next two weeks, or we will find out we are really not in any better position than the last week of last season when Buffalo dealt us a nasty reality check.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2021, 07:43:21 am »

Well, we are through our softer than butter part of the schedule and the odds have improved... up to our last two games which will really test if we belong or not.

Tennessee are still without Henry (or maybe not?). If we can't beat them without him, we sure as hell can't come week 1 of the playoffs (where we are currently projected to meet).

Then the Dark Lord BB of NE who would like nothing less than to bounce our butts out of playoff contention.

We will either earn it the next two weeks, or we will find out we are really not in any better position than the last week of last season when Buffalo dealt us a nasty reality check.

I couldn't have said it better myself.   These last two games will be a measuring stick as to how much progress this team has made over the course of the year.   No one has ever started 1-7 and made the playoffs.  The Dolphins have a shot to be the first.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2021, 08:28:20 pm »

This is for D4L...

If Miami wins out they are in the playoffs. If Miami splits with the Titans and New England (doesn't matter who we beat) they will make the playoffs if all of the below happens. Miami is out of the playoffs if they lose both games. That's it. That's all the scenario's that are left.

-- Denver beats the L.A. Chargers in Week 17.

-- Cleveland beats Pittsburgh in Week 17.

-- Cincinnati beats Cleveland in Week 18.

-- Pittsburgh beats Baltimore in Week 18.

-- L.A. Chargers beat Las Vegas in Week 18.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:31:32 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2021, 10:03:01 pm »

This is for D4L...

If Miami wins out they are in the playoffs. If Miami splits with the Titans and New England (doesn't matter who we beat) they will make the playoffs if all of the below happens. Miami is out of the playoffs if they lose both games. That's it. That's all the scenario's that are left.

-- Denver beats the L.A. Chargers in Week 17.

-- Cleveland beats Pittsburgh in Week 17.

-- Cincinnati beats Cleveland in Week 18.

-- Pittsburgh beats Baltimore in Week 18.

-- L.A. Chargers beat Las Vegas in Week 18.

All 5 of those games can go our way individually, but the odds of all 5 are pretty slim. So, we just have to win out and that's that.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2021, 10:16:40 pm »

All 5 of those games can go our way individually, but the odds of all 5 are pretty slim. So, we just have to win out and that's that.

Forget all those games, Miami just needs to win twice.  Titan game will come down to the better Defense, which is currently Miami; and related to that turnovers.  This is a very winnable game.  As for New England, it's at home, and Miami already beat them once when Miami was playing at it's worse!  It's a coin toss just because it's a divisional rival, hopefully the Defense can come up with a couple Int's.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2022, 02:17:02 pm »

We may be able to lock this thread after today.  

Right now, everybody we want to lose is winning by two scores.

Thirty minutes of football left for Miami to be in the hunt.

Waa Waa WAUUGH  (This is supposed to be that swan song music)

Another failure of a season.

See you guys next year.  

Somebody lock this thread.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 07:41:54 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2022, 07:50:42 pm »

Lock yourself...up in a mental ward
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray