Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:03:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls- Titans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls- Titans  (Read 705 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 02, 2022, 07:42:44 pm »

The Waterboy.

You guys for dealing with this year after year and not having it take a toll on you

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 07:49:31 pm »

Duke Johnson
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 10:19:03 pm »

Dolfan Denny.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 03:22:26 am »

Duke Johnson

Seriously? Are you being sarcastic? Johnson had 7 carries for 49 yards to go along with 2 catches for 16 yards on 3 targets (last one was admittedly a drop).

I actually thought the defense did pretty well today. They held the Titans to 17 points through 3 quarters, despite the offense doing nada and special teams repeatedly giving up yards. Yeah, it al kinda broke down in the fourth, but the defense gave the team every chance to make it good game and the offense just wasn't up to it.

Giving a game ball after a horrible performance like this is tough. I'll give mine to Holland. He played lights out for 3 quarters and didn't make any huge mistakes that I saw in the fourth, which was otherwise an unbelievable shit fest.

Honorable mention to Duke Johnson for the reasons stated above. On the three unsuccessful runs he had, he was hit solidly in the backfield and still managed to not lose yards. He also recovered one of Tua's fumbles.

I've been looking a bit over his earlier stats and his #1 issue previously has been fumbles. If he has cleaned that up, he can be a very solid back - certainly better than anything we've had for about a decade.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 03:29:13 am by fyo » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 08:25:42 am »

Seriously? Are you being sarcastic? Johnson had 7 carries for 49 yards to go along with 2 catches for 16 yards on 3 targets (last one was admittedly a drop).

I actually thought the defense did pretty well today. They held the Titans to 17 points through 3 quarters, despite the offense doing nada and special teams repeatedly giving up yards. Yeah, it al kinda broke down in the fourth, but the defense gave the team every chance to make it good game and the offense just wasn't up to it.

Giving a game ball after a horrible performance like this is tough. I'll give mine to Holland. He played lights out for 3 quarters and didn't make any huge mistakes that I saw in the fourth, which was otherwise an unbelievable shit fest.

Honorable mention to Duke Johnson for the reasons stated above. On the three unsuccessful runs he had, he was hit solidly in the backfield and still managed to not lose yards. He also recovered one of Tua's fumbles.

I've been looking a bit over his earlier stats and his #1 issue previously has been fumbles. If he has cleaned that up, he can be a very solid back - certainly better than anything we've had for about a decade.
I'm completely serious, he had 7 yards per carry in that game.  It's not his fault the coaches were idiots and didn't keep running the ball with him.  No one was that great this game, Duke was a lone bright spot.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 08:45:53 am »

I actually thought the defense did pretty well today.
Not at all. This was a game the defense needed to show up and it didn't. We gave up 200 yards on the ground with 2 TDs and then another easy 2 passing TDs from Tannehill. Lot's of bad performances on the team but we were bad on all three phases of the game.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 09:05:48 am »

I'm completely serious, he had 7 yards per carry in that game.  It's not his fault the coaches were idiots and didn't keep running the ball with him.  No one was that great this game, Duke was a lone bright spot.

Brain fart on my part. For some reason I thought you nominated him for shame of the game. Sorry.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 03:44:37 pm »

This might sound laughable, but I will give it to the offensive play-calling....which I guess is Flores???  I'm not sure who is responsible.   We suck and didn't execute, but we threw the ball downfield, hit some big plays, did some trickery and there weren't any times where I was pulling my hair out at something dumb.

It's a low bar, but for how bad the play calling has been for the year, the last few weeks have been better.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2022, 06:23:07 pm »

This might sound laughable, but I will give it to the offensive play-calling....which I guess is Flores???  I'm not sure who is responsible.   We suck and didn't execute, but we threw the ball downfield, hit some big plays, did some trickery and there weren't any times where I was pulling my hair out at something dumb.

It's a low bar, but for how bad the play calling has been for the year, the last few weeks have been better.
The problem Dave is that they haven't done that all year. You can't do that for 1 game, you have to do that all year long so you get good at it. This RPO offense they have been throwing out there all year long doesn't help when you get behind or when you play a team that your defense can't keep to under 20 points. You have to build the thing the right way from the start, not switch to something you haven't done all year in week 17. The problem is they have built the thing to succeed with the RPO and it's not working. They either have to get better with the RPO or abandon it and I'm not in favor of another year of it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 06:28:05 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 04:54:45 pm »

The thing with the RPO that I find frustrating is that it seems like certain down/yardage situations just don't make sense for it and we use it in those scenarios, too.

Like, on 3rd and 1....just get up there and RB down the middle or QB sneak to get a yard.  The weird RPO handoff takes way too long to develop.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 02:40:41 am »

No game ball from me this week.

Johnson's limited carries were impressive, our receivers had some impressive catches in the highlights (especially Parker)... but there's not enough there to award it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray