Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:00:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  caldwell
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: caldwell  (Read 2981 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: July 13, 2019, 12:11:27 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/13/jim-caldwell-takes-medical-leave-from-dolphins/

Hope he gets well soon.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 05:38:49 pm »

That does suck. Not sure how this will affect the new coach but praying Caldwell gets well soon.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 02:32:08 pm »

Have to take care of himself.  The one bright side of this is it is early so we have time to adjust
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 02:15:25 pm »

Wish him well, but this does suck for the Dolphins.  With a rookie head coach he was going to bring invaluable experience.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 09:07:50 am »

Wish him well, but this does suck for the Dolphins.  With a rookie head coach he was going to bring invaluable experience.

Agreed. Hope he gets well and takes care of himself first, but i think this is a blow to the Phins and the development of Rosen. I think he would also a guy to lend an ear to Flores, bounce some things off of him and give some insight of what he's experienced.  Dammit.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 11:21:07 am »

Agreed. Hope he gets well and takes care of himself first, but i think this is a blow to the Phins and the development of Rosen. I think he would also a guy to lend an ear to Flores, bounce some things off of him and give some insight of what he's experienced.  Dammit.
That's what the talking heads are saying too. Apparently the Dolphins were hoping he could help Rosen mature. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »

That's what the talking heads are saying too. Apparently the Dolphins were hoping he could help Rosen mature. 

His absence will have minimal impact on the plan to be in position to draft Tua Tagovailoa.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 12:45:07 pm »

Tua is overrated, I don't think there should be a plan for that at all.  Let the cards fall where they will.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 12:56:09 pm »

Tua is overrated, I don't think there should be a plan for that at all.  Let the cards fall where they will.

Caldwell was the one who masterminded the Colts “Suck for Luck” season. So he could have been brought in for his experience.......

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 01:05:10 pm »

I think Luck was a lot better prospect than Tua, I'm really not sold on him.  He's not the next Patrick Mahomes imo.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 07:24:15 pm »

Forget Tank for Tua. I’m all about fall for Fromm. Unless Rosen turns out to be the franchise QB.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 11:22:57 pm »

Forget Tank for Tua. I’m all about fall for Fromm. Unless Rosen turns out to be the franchise QB.

That's the whole point behind the Rosen trade.   The Bucs are doing the same thing.  They want to see what they have in Winston under a coach that will play to his strengths before they decide to move on from him.  Next year's draft is chock full of talented linemen.   You don't want to waste one of those picks on another QB

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 02:58:25 pm »

Even if we don't draft Tua here there are two other good QBs out there as well as any "new" guy who takes the league by storm this season. Remember Mr. #1 pick and Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray was a bench warmer beofre last year.  As long as we are in the top of the draft we havea great chance of landing a good QB.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 09:38:14 pm »

Lose for Lawrence

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 10:27:58 am »

Lose for Lawrence

I like Lawrence much better.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray