Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:03:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins fire offensive line coach Pat Flaherty, promotes Dave DeGuglielmo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins fire offensive line coach Pat Flaherty, promotes Dave DeGuglielmo  (Read 1216 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: July 29, 2019, 03:10:11 pm »

Better now than later I guess  Tongue

https://www.local10.com/sports/nfl/dolphins/dolphins-fire-offensive-line-coach-pat-flaherty

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 04:33:50 pm »

Surprising.  Flores just hired him a few months ago.  I wonder what happened.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 10:55:00 am »

The question that I have is was that a Flores decision, a Grier decision or a joint effort?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 03:34:23 pm »

It was Flores. Basically it came down to him wanting DeGuglielmo but he wasn't available when he selected his coaches. Once he was mysteriously let go, Flores picked him up. Apparently he decided not to wait for an excuse to do what he wanted to do and let Flaherty go.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 09:24:58 am »

Smart move on Flores part. My understanding was that Flaherty understood the situation and also my understanding that his son is still with the team so hopefully no hard feelings just a bit of a bruised ego.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 09:42:17 am »

I think Flores nailed it when he said it wasn't the easy decision to make but it was the right one for the team. I have to believe when they pick up the O-line coach, who oversaw arguably the best o-line in the league last year, that Flaherty  probably felt like his time was short.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray