Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:36:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  1st Preseason Game Live Blog
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1st Preseason Game Live Blog  (Read 2803 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: August 08, 2019, 05:56:48 pm »

Football's back baby!  Expecting to see the Rosen to Williams connection tonight.

Game is available to everyone streaming on dolphins.com.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 06:34:55 pm »

An hour until football!!!!!

I will be watching a different game.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 07:46:58 pm »

Maybe it is just me but I don’t like how preseason games are announced by locals rather than neutral crew. 

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 08:14:12 pm »

we have jason taylor as the 3rd in the booth . .not sure how i feel about his commentary yet.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:33:58 pm »

Rosen to Williams connection already exciting.  Glimpse of the future
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 09:40:28 pm »

Rosen to Williams connection already exciting.  Glimpse of the future

Only if that line holds up.   That's gonna be the offense's undoing this season.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 08:17:31 am »

Last night's game Good, Bad, Ugly and....Eh.

Good:  Rosen looked really good, other than an egregious INT.  There were a few times he was for sure going to be sacked and he slipped out and made a play.  He ran a pretty nice 2 minute drill at the end of the first half, a lot of urgency which I like, and they got a field goal out of it.  Preston Williams is going to be a superstar if he can keep his nose clean (4 receptions for 97 yards).  He had a beautiful, toe tapping sideline catch for about 18 yards that was ruled an incompletion then overturned.  This was the steal of the draft.  We are going to be running the ball a lot, and the addition of a true FB already showing dividends.  Run defense already looks better than last year.

Bad:  Fitzmagic under-threw a wide open Ballege running down the sideline, would have been a huge gain.  Rosen's INT was pretty terrible.  Offensive line is still swiss cheese, but to their credit, Tunsil and some other starters were out.  Pass rush wasn't very good.

Ugly:  Needham started at 2nd CB, he's an undrafted free agent.  ATL picked on him as long as he was out there, and he was definitely the weak link in an otherwise pretty good secondary.  He was abused.  Some missed tackles by the defense as well.

Eh:  Running game was okay, a few decent runs.  Fitzpatrick was pretty pedestrian, but had a decent run for a first down.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 08:19:20 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 09:46:04 am »

i think rosen has to start, he looked considerably better than fitzpatrick .. also preston williams is the real deal .. that guy reminds me of a faster oronde gadsden.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 11:26:16 am »

I don't think Rosen looked as good as everyone else seems to think.  He did have good throws and his spiral was tight, but he was pretty wildly inaccurate and looked kinda lost for the first half of his play.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 01:00:48 pm »

I'm not as critical as Dave but I did think Rosen showed good and bad. His "gunslinger" mentality takes over and causes him to make mistakes. With that said ... in my opinion Williams just showed that he will takes Parker's spot in the near future. All 4 of his catches were spectacular.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 01:23:49 pm »

Don't get me wrong, Rosen did some good things as the night went on, but at first, he didn't seem in control, had some bad reads and misthrows.  He used some athleticism to make some crazy circus throws, but I almost don't see those as positive.  They have just as much a chance to get returned for a pick 6. 

I really want Rosen to become great and I don't like wasting time on Fitz, but I do think that Fitz looked more in control.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 01:42:33 pm »

Don't get me wrong, Rosen did some good things as the night went on, but at first, he didn't seem in control, had some bad reads and misthrows.  He used some athleticism to make some crazy circus throws, but I almost don't see those as positive.  They have just as much a chance to get returned for a pick 6. 

I really want Rosen to become great and I don't like wasting time on Fitz, but I do think that Fitz looked more in control.

Not surprised that Rosen under his 4th OC in 14 months looked a bit shaky, but I expected that. I don't care what Fitzpatrick does, he isn't the future. This season is all about seeing if Rosen is the answer, we have nothing to gain from Ryan starting 12 games and leading us to a 5-11 record and the 7th overall draft pick.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 04:43:38 pm »

Not surprised that Rosen under his 4th OC in 14 months looked a bit shaky, but I expected that. I don't care what Fitzpatrick does, he isn't the future. This season is all about seeing if Rosen is the answer, we have nothing to gain from Ryan starting 12 games and leading us to a 5-11 record and the 7th overall draft pick.

I think the 4 OCs line is stretching it a bit.  Did he even meet Clements? He was traded before the first OTA.  I mean it is kinda like saying Bill Belichick has been the head coach of three teams.  Okay, technically but nobody really counts the Jets.

I do agree that the Dolphins should play Rosen and figure out if he is the future.  No point wasting time with Fitz.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 07:00:12 pm »

I think the 4 OCs line is stretching it a bit.  Did he even meet Clements? He was traded before the first OTA.  I mean it is kinda like saying Bill Belichick has been the head coach of three teams.  Okay, technically but nobody really counts the Jets.

I do agree that the Dolphins should play Rosen and figure out if he is the future.  No point wasting time with Fitz.

How about 6th OC in five years?  Three at UCLA, Two at AZ, and now his latest in Miami.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 07:26:09 pm »

How about 6th OC in five years?  Three at UCLA, Two at AZ, and now his latest in Miami.

I don’t think that is particularly relevant.  At least not the way intended.

If you want to make the point he (and other relatively new players like him in a new system ) should be judged on a different standard then players who are in their second year in the same system and on a standard very close to a rookie.  That I would agree with.  He has had literally since the draft to learn the system.  Same as a rookie.  Different experience than a second year player in the same system.  

OTOH, the fact he multiple OCs in college means he should be better at quickly learning a new system than a rookie who had only one OC in college.  

The fact he has a new OC this year, is relevant.  Whether he had 1 or 9 last year is not.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 07:27:45 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray