Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:05:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Bulletproof vests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Bulletproof vests  (Read 16835 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: August 03, 2019, 06:15:26 pm »

I have been thinking of buying one for when I work.

What would be the best kind?  I am looking for one that will stop an automatic rifle.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 07:44:24 am »

Where do you work that makes you think you need one?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:15:25 am »

Where do you work that makes you think you need one?

In this country ?..

looks like anywhere .. walmart .. a bar .. an elementary school .. city hall
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:56:42 am »

^true dat

The 'moms' have been discussing the bullet proof backpacks with school around the corner.

There wasn't anything you could have said to me, when I was younger, that would have made me believe this how we'd be living right now.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 10:06:16 am »

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 10:53:52 am »

The problem Neil is that one word. Homicide. The others aren't homicide. You'd think a smart guy would know this but apparently not...unless that's not really attributed to him. If he really posted that, I lost all respect for him.

{edit} Apparently it's real and he's gotten a good bit of negative reaction for his tweet. 1 easy step to ruin a career, Neil. Apparently even astrophysicists can be idiots.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neil-degrasse-tyson-twitter-neil-degrasse-tyson-faces-backlash-for-tweet-about-mass-shootings-in-el-paso-dayton/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:13:33 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 11:07:03 am »

^The last one says 40 people die from homocide by handgun every 48 hrs, so I don't really know what your issue is.  I think what he's saying is every 48 hours people die needlessly, yet no one seems to care unless it's some mass shooter in the media because it warrants an emotional reaction.  34 people died in that one 48 hr period from a mass shooting.  Those others happen EVERY 48hrs.  I'm all for common sense gun laws, and this is a tragedy, but is statistically insignificant.  In addition to common sense gun laws in the media (also the debate of what constitutes common sense), there should also be giant stories about the amount of people dying from medical errors, why suicide is so rampant, who exactly is responsible for the 40 homicides via handgun every 48 hrs and what we can reasonably do about it, etc.  

Which brings me to D4L point of thinking he needs a bullet proof vest, which is the whole point of this thread and why I posed what Tyson tweeted.  As much as the media wants you to believe it, the chances of you being involved in a mass shooting are very low.  Between crazy homicidal gun nuts and anti-American gun control there is a solution, but there is no compromise between the left and right anymore.  Long story short, this is really bad, but not as bad as the media would have you believe.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:26:21 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 11:12:20 am »

^The last one says 40 people die from homocide by handgun every 48 hrs, so I don't really know what your issue is.  I think what he's saying is every 48 hours people die needlessly, yet no one seems to care unless it's some mass shooter in the media because it warrants an emotional reaction.  34 people died in that one 48 hr period from a mass shooting.  Those others happen EVERY 48hrs.  I'm all for common sense gun laws, and this is a tragedy, but is statistically insignificant.  In addition to common sense gun laws in the media, there should also be giant stories about the amount of people dying from medical errors, why suicide is so rampant, who exactly is responsible for the 40 homicides via handgun every 48 hrs, etc.  

Which brings me to D4L point of thinking he needs a bullet proof vest, which is the whole point of this thread and why I posed what Tyson tweeted.  As much as the media wants you to believe it, the chances of you being involved in a mass shooting are very low.  Between crazy homicidal gun nuts and anti-American gun control there is a solution, but there is no compromise between the left and right anymore.  Long story short, this is really bad, but not as bad as the media would have you believe.
The difference is that I didn't expect it from him. I expect it from the other idiots that can't see the difference.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 11:16:21 am »

^Again, I don't see the problem with his tweet.  He mentioned the rampant homicide by handgun every 48 hrs, along with other issues of needless death that happen every day that no one seems to care too much about, and that mass shootings are statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of things.  He's not wrong.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 11:19:49 am »

He's not wrong.
He is and he apologized for his mistake. I'm not going to even justify it by debating with you. There's no point.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/08/04/neil-degrasse-tyson-slammed-tweet-el-paso-dayton-shootings/1916347001/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:11:29 am by Pappy13 » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 11:21:50 am »

^Again, I don't see the problem with his tweet.  He mentioned the rampant homicide by handgun every 48 hrs, along with other issues of needless death that happen every day that no one seems to care too much about, and that mass shootings are statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of things.  He's not wrong.
He posted facts and said people respond more to emotions than facts. Pappy is literally proving his point.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 11:23:56 am »

He is but I'm not going to even justify debating it with you. There's no point.
Why?  It's a civilized discussion, I just think differently than you, even if I am "one of the other idiots that can't see the difference".  You just called it wrong, but other than calling him names, you haven't stated why.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:27:10 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 11:26:00 am »

Why?  It's a civilized discussion, I just think differently than you.  You just called it wrong, but other than calling him names, you haven't stated why.
He's apologized. Came to his senses....unfortunately it's a day too late.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/neil-degrasse-tyson-apology-slammed-tweet-shooting-deaths-1202661285/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:30:33 am by Pappy13 » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 11:29:04 am »

Of course, just about anyone who has celebrity status and they get bashed on twitter "apologizes".  He doesn't want to tarnish his brand.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:30:48 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 11:29:45 am »

He didn't take back what he said. He just said he didn't mean to be insensitive.

“My intent was to offer objectively true information that might help shape conversations and reactions to preventable ways we die,” Tyson wrote in his apology Monday morning on Facebook.

What I learned from the range of reactions is that for many people, some information — my Tweet in particular — can be true but unhelpful, especially at a time when many people are either still in shock, or trying to heal — or both.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray