Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:10:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Bulletproof vests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Bulletproof vests  (Read 16844 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2019, 12:56:42 pm »

What?Huh

I didn’t hate Trump until started giving racist speeches.  I can’t give you an example of me not hating him before learning he was racist.  I was pretty neutral on him.

I also can’t give you example of me not hating Bill Cosby before learning he was a rapist.  But I did enjoy his standup and tv shows.

Now with OJ Simpson, I never liked him because he played for the Bills but up until he murdered two people my dislike of him was on par with my dislike of  Mercury Morris, now my hatred for him is much higher, and btw equal to Arron Herdendez so I don’t think it really is a football bias thing.

There are plenty of republicans that i have disagreed with.  But I never accused
McCain from being racist because he was trying to block the country from having its first black president.  Because that wasn’t what McCain was doing, McCain had policy disagreements with Obama.  Likwise Roomney was trying to remove Obama from office.  That wasn’t racist.   

Trump is a racist.  That is why I hate him. 
Let me clarify, I meant examples of his racist speeches.  I can probably think of one that's borderline, so that's what I was asking examples for.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2019, 01:18:37 pm »

I am not going to respond to a question premised on a falsehood.  He has very very few minority supporters.
It keeps climbing.  According to polls he is polling at about 33-35% where he was at 26% when elected. That represents millions of people ... which according to you is very few minorities.

Heck ... even the liberal leaning New York Times just published an article talking about how much more popular Trump is polling than when he started.  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/upshot/trump-approval-rating-rise.html

"Donald J. Trump doesn’t always seem like a candidate focused on expanding his base of support. He may have done so anyway.

The share of Americans who say they have a favorable view of him has increased significantly since the 2016 election."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2019, 02:22:28 pm »

Let me clarify, I meant examples of his racist speeches.  I can probably think of one that's borderline, so that's what I was asking examples for.

While there is literally 100s of examples of Trump making blatantly racist statements....

If you don’t consider Trump’s comments about Judge Cruiel blatant racism...than you are a racist.

If you don’t consider Trump’s speeches about Mexicans racist....than you are a racist.

If you don’t consider Trump’s Muslim travel ban racist....than you are a racist.

You should vote for Trump....like David Duke you have he is a president that supports your racist views.   But don’t pretend he is not racist and you wouldn’t support a racist.  Admit to yourself you are a racist, and you support him because you support his white nationalist agenda.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2019, 02:36:58 pm »

While there is literally 100s of examples of Trump making blatantly racist statements....

If you don’t consider Trump’s comments about Judge Cruiel blatant racism...than you are a racist.

If you don’t consider Trump’s speeches about Mexicans racist....than you are a racist.

If you don’t consider Trump’s Muslim travel ban racist....than you are a racist.

You should vote for Trump....like David Duke you have he is a president that supports your racist views.   But don’t pretend he is not racist and you wouldn’t support a racist.  Admit to yourself you are a racist, and you support him because you support his white nationalist agenda.
You can cut your garbage virtue signaling out.  You aren't the authority on what is racist and what isn't.  None of that stuff is blatantly racist IMO, borderline at best, which is what I said.  Admit to yourself that your holier than thou, soapbox preaching isn't worth a hill of beans.  This bullshit of calling everyone racist is getting really old.  It's the boy who cried wolf at this point.  I might not be able to call you a racist, but I can call you something else...Asshole.  Big giant asshole.  Fuck you for calling me a racist when you don't know a thing about me.  What you said is such an ignorant blanket statement, there really is no point talking to you anymore about it if you are that delusional.

InB4 Thread Locked.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 02:43:01 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2019, 03:00:33 pm »

Definition of racism is pretty straightforward.  It is judging someone by their race.

You can’t get more textbook examples of racism the ones I listed.  An American Judge of Mexican descent is incapable of being impartial in adjudicating a fraud trial because of his Mexican heritage.  You don’t get more textbook than that.  There is absolutely nothing borderline. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2019, 03:13:09 pm »

Or are you saying that someone pointing out statistics is racist?
Yes. The citation of statistics referencing intelligence, criminality, or similar judgments of inferiority/superiority, with the implied conclusion that skin color affects the outcome, is racist.

Bigots across the centuries have cited impartial statistics to "prove" the inferiority of other ethnic groups.  The practice is as old as the existence of the social sciences themselves.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:22:30 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2019, 03:16:41 pm »

Definition of racism is pretty straightforward.  It is judging someone by their race.

You can’t get more textbook examples of racism the ones I listed.  An American Judge of Mexican descent is incapable of being impartial in adjudicating a fraud trial because of his Mexican heritage.  You don’t get more textbook than that.  There is absolutely nothing borderline.  
I have a very small issue with you thinking he's racist for those comments.  That's your opinion and I disagree, even if it's a very tired point.  I have a very big issue with you calling me a racist.  Even if you are using the proverbial "you", I still have an big issue with those sorts of comments.  Because I don't find it to be racist does not make me a racist.  The world is not black and white, it's shades of gray.  These identity politics are killing our country, and pretty much this board too.  No one posts on here anymore, unless it's to argue about politics.  I just posted how former Dolphin Quinn broke his hand and how we got the better part of that deal, and no comments.  We just signed a former first round draft pick cut from the Cardinals today, low risk high reward, and no one makes a thread about it.  Tons of stories about camp, nothing here.  Preston Williams, undrafted free agent killing it in camp, nothing here.  But one comment or thread about polarizing politics and release the hounds.  Oh, and if anyone cares, the Dolphins first preseason game is tonight, but you wouldn't know if you were checking out this board.  Really sad, because I used to love this board, but it's turning into a ghost town in the most important part, phins talk. 

EDIT:  Just saw your comment on Quinn thread...well that's one at least.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:24:12 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2019, 03:23:33 pm »

Yes. The citation of statistics referencing intelligence, criminality, or similar judgments of inferiority/superiority, with the implied conclusion that skin color affects the outcome, is racist.
Who said skin color affects anything? A certain group is more violent, while another group may have more pedophiles, while yet another group may have more divorces. None of those are positive things. However, they aren't judgments. They are statistical facts. You just can't accept reality, just like most liberals.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2019, 03:28:43 pm »

I have a very big issue with you calling me a racist.  Even if you are using the proverbial "you", I still have an big issue with those sorts of comments.  Because I don't find it to be racist does not make me a racist. 
I guess that depends on whether you believe there is a meaningful distinction between "You are a racist" and "You support and defend racists."

These identity politics are killing our country, and pretty much this board too.  No one posts on here anymore, unless it's to argue about politics.  I just posted how former Dolphin Quinn broke his hand and how we got the better part of that deal, and no comments.
The forum is always dead during the offseason and usually dead during the preseason.  We aren't going to get 10 page discussions about Fitzpatrick vs. Rosen until the season starts.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2019, 03:32:04 pm »

I guess that depends on whether you believe there is a meaningful distinction between "You are a racist" and "You support and defend racists."
The forum is always dead during the offseason and usually dead during the preseason.  We aren't going to get 10 page discussions about Fitzpatrick vs. Rosen until the season starts.
There's also a 3rd point there, is he really racist and to what degree, but there's really no point arguing that with the left.  It's hard to have that discussion when everything right of center is deemed racist.  Just go on Twitter, that's all they tweet about.

I'd like to think this place will liven up once the season starts, but it's depressing to see no talk at all when there's stuff to talk about.  We'll see, I hope so.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2019, 03:32:32 pm »

Who said skin color affects anything?
You do when you cite statistics that separate groups by race.  That's the point.

Unless your point is that the statistics you cite to prove that blacks are more likely to be violent are actually meaningless and irrelevant...?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2019, 03:40:12 pm »

You do when you view statistics that separate groups by race.  That's the point.

Unless your point is that the statistics you cite to prove that blacks are more likely to be violent are actually meaningless and irrelevant...?
Is the FBI racist for posting those facts?  I don't think those facts are racist.  I don't think crime committed by African Americans happens just because they are black either though.  I stated earlier, coming from a broken home, specifically without a father figure (75% of African Americans have no father) correlates highly with violent crime.  Young men seek a sense of belonging with no guidance and end up in gangs or just the wrong crowd.  It's the same with the mass shooters.  Pair that with living in poverty and the individual has an intense drive of resentment and anger, and it's an even higher likelihood of violent crime.  That's not a black thing, it's a broken home and poverty thing.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2019, 03:46:16 pm »

You do when you cite statistics that separate groups by race.  That's the point.

Conversation over, you've officially gone fucking nuts. Go argue with the FBI and THEIR stats.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2019, 04:03:21 pm »

I don’t. To me that is like classifying some of the neonazis at the Charlottesville rally as good people.  

The forum is always dead during the offseason and usually dead during the preseason.  We aren't going to get 10 page discussions about Fitzpatrick vs. Rosen until the season starts.

Maybe we will get lucky and tomorrow get a detailed analysis on why one of them is vastly superior to the other based on their different DOVA stats against the Falcons.  🙂

I have a very small issue with you thinking he's racist for those comments.  That's your opinion and I disagree, even if it's a very tired point.  I have a very big issue with you calling me a racist.  Even if you are using the proverbial "you", I still have an big issue with those sorts of comments.  Because I don't find it to be racist does not make me a racist.  The world is not black and white, it's shades of gray.  These identity politics are killing our country, and pretty much this board too.  No one posts on here anymore, unless it's to argue about politics.  I just posted how former Dolphin Quinn broke his hand and how we got the better part of that deal, and no comments.  We just signed a former first round draft pick cut from the Cardinals today, low risk high reward, and no one makes a thread about it.  Tons of stories about camp, nothing here.  Preston Williams, undrafted free agent killing it in camp, nothing here.  But one comment or thread about polarizing politics and release the hounds.  Oh, and if anyone cares, the Dolphins first preseason game is tonight, but you wouldn't know if you were checking out this board.  Really sad, because I used to love this board, but it's turning into a ghost town in the most important part, phins talk.

EDIT:  Just saw your comment on Quinn thread...well that's one at least.

There can be some grey on what is racism.  There was times when I would hear a vicious attack on Obama that some thought was racist, and I always tried to step back and say could this not be racism but simply the person just didn’t like Obama.  Which I did with Trump and his birther crap.  I was like maybe it is racism, but maybe its not.  I am going to give Trump the benefit of the doubt and go with just being an a-hole.  Likewise while some criticism of Israel is rooted in anti-semitism I always try to give the benefit of the doubt that it is criticism of a particular governments policies and not antisemitism.  But there gets to be a point were we are not borderline, and Trump and those who support him gone well past that line.  

Likewise, if you as an NRA fan aren’t outraged at Philando Castile‘s egregiously killed for exercising his second amendment rights than the ONLY possible explanation is a racist opinion that the 2A only applies to whites.

Defending David Duke is racism.  And so is defending Donald Trump.  

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2019, 05:15:43 pm »

I don’t. To me that is like classifying some of the neonazis at the Charlottesville rally as good people.  

Maybe we will get lucky and tomorrow get a detailed analysis on why one of them is vastly superior to the other based on their different DOVA stats against the Falcons.  🙂

There can be some grey on what is racism.  There was times when I would hear a vicious attack on Obama that some thought was racist, and I always tried to step back and say could this not be racism but simply the person just didn’t like Obama.  Which I did with Trump and his birther crap.  I was like maybe it is racism, but maybe its not.  I am going to give Trump the benefit of the doubt and go with just being an a-hole.  Likewise while some criticism of Israel is rooted in anti-semitism I always try to give the benefit of the doubt that it is criticism of a particular governments policies and not antisemitism.  But there gets to be a point were we are not borderline, and Trump and those who support him gone well past that line.  

Likewise, if you as an NRA fan aren’t outraged at Philando Castile‘s egregiously killed for exercising his second amendment rights than the ONLY possible explanation is a racist opinion that the 2A only applies to whites.

Defending David Duke is racism.  And so is defending Donald Trump.  
For the record, you've called roughly half of America, CF, Pondwater and myself a racist for defending the President of the United States.  And you're a mod.  What a fucking joke.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:30:10 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray