Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:26:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Bulletproof vests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Bulletproof vests  (Read 16778 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2019, 05:40:34 pm »

For the record, you've called roughly half of America, CF, Pondwater and myself a racist for defending the President of the United States.
You say this as if it's impossible for the leader of the country to be a racist.  If David Duke wins an election for President, does that mean he can't be a racist because Americans elected him?

If you want to defend Trump's statements on the merits, then do so.  But "A lot of people voted for him, therefore he's not a racist" does not prove that racism is a fringe element in America; if anything, the opposite.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:44:53 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2019, 05:48:15 pm »

You say this as if it's impossible for the leader of the country to be a racist.  If David Duke wins an election for President, does that mean he can't be a racist because Americans elected him?

If you want to defend Trump's statements on the merits, then do so.  But "A lot of people voted for him, therefore he's not a racist" does not prove that racism is a fringe element in America; if anything, the opposite.

To call users on this board racists, for supporting the president,
when he is borderline racist at best is offensive and downright Looney.  Frankly, it's a personal attack, which I responded in kind by calling him an asshole, which he is.  No one gives a shit about David Duke, I can't understand why you keep bringing him up.  Why does everything have to be this enormous extreme?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:50:11 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2019, 06:10:16 pm »

when he is borderline racist at best is offensive and downright Looney.  Frankly, it's a personal attack, which I responded in kind by calling him an asshole, which he is.  No one gives a shit about David Duke, I can't understand why you keep bringing him up.  Why does everything have to be this enormous extreme?

Explain why Trumps comments about Judge Cruiel aren’t racist.  What element of racism is a little murky that could make those comments not racist? 

At least Ross is somewhat honest.  He acknowledges Trump is racist, but cares more about tax cuts than racism.  So he will take what he views as the good with the bad.  I don’t agree with his priorities but at least he recognizes the racism.  Ryan and many Republicans at first were like this, yeah what Trump said about Cruiel is racist, but given the choice of having a blatant racist appointing judges that are progun and antiabortion I will take the racist over Hillary appointing judges.  But they have shifted to now claiming it is not racism.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2019, 06:11:41 pm »

when he is borderline racist at best is offensive and downright Looney.
I find it no more looney than those who are much more interested in disputing accusations of racism than in disputing the underlying actions that caused the accusations in the first place.

You just said it yourself: whether or not it IS racist for Trump to say that a Mexican-American judge is unfit to preside over his case is a "very small issue" to you, but whether or not we CALL IT "racist" to defend that statement is a "very big issue" to you.  It's like you think accusations of racism are worse than racism itself.

As for why I keep bringing up David Duke: he is one of the few famous white people alive that conservatives will actually acknowledge is a racist, so he's really the only example I can use to get a response on how to handle overt racism (because you guys will just say "not a racist" for everyone else).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:16:38 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2019, 06:20:00 pm »

Conversation over, you've officially gone fucking nuts. Go argue with the FBI and THEIR stats.
The FBI wasn't the one citing those stats to justify the killing of unarmed black people; you were.

The statistics themselves are not racist.  Citing them to prove a point about the inferiority (in this case, criminal) of another race is.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2019, 08:23:13 pm »

Historians have a word for Germans who joined the Nazi party, not because they hated Jews, but because out of a hope for restored patriotism, or a sense of economic anxiety, or a hope to preserve their religious values, or dislike of their opponents, or raw political opportunism, or convenience, or ignorance, or greed.

That word is "Nazi." Nobody cares about their motives anymore.

They joined what they joined. They lent their support and their moral approval. And, in so doing, they bound themselves to everything that came after. Who cares any more what particular knot they used in the binding?

-Julius Goat

just gonna leave that here
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2019, 04:10:54 am »

The FBI wasn't the one citing those stats to justify the killing of unarmed black people; you were.

The statistics themselves are not racist.  Citing them to prove a point about the inferiority (in this case, criminal) of another race is.
The stats don't say inferior. The stats say more violent. If the stats aren't racist, then citing them isn't racist.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2019, 06:40:17 pm »

I have a very small issue with you thinking he's racist for those comments.  That's your opinion and I disagree, even if it's a very tired point.  I have a very big issue with you calling me a racist.  Even if you are using the proverbial "you", I still have an big issue with those sorts of comments.  Because I don't find it to be racist does not make me a racist.  The world is not black and white, it's shades of gray.  These identity politics are killing our country, and pretty much this board too.  No one posts on here anymore, unless it's to argue about politics.  I just posted how former Dolphin Quinn broke his hand and how we got the better part of that deal, and no comments.  We just signed a former first round draft pick cut from the Cardinals today, low risk high reward, and no one makes a thread about it.  Tons of stories about camp, nothing here.  Preston Williams, undrafted free agent killing it in camp, nothing here.  But one comment or thread about polarizing politics and release the hounds.  Oh, and if anyone cares, the Dolphins first preseason game is tonight, but you wouldn't know if you were checking out this board.  Really sad, because I used to love this board, but it's turning into a ghost town in the most important part, phins talk.

EDIT:  Just saw your comment on Quinn thread...well that's one at least.

Although I agree with some of your points of view, your comments above that criticize fellow members for their posts, when you are just as guilty, is hypocritical.  This thread started out to be a nice D4L trolling post about what kind of bulletproof vest he should get, and by post #4 you derailed it into talking about Tyson's tweet.  Then in post #23 you brought up Trump and video games; in our society today mentioning Trump is like throwing gasoline on a fire.  So don't get all high and mighty complaining about political posts when you are front and center in the action.  With that said maybe it's time for a moderator to shut down this thread as it stopped being about bullet proof vests early on.  Now I'm left wondering what D4L is going to do to protect himself at the supermarket when a couple housewives are arguing over a head of lettuce.   Huh
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 06:42:23 pm by masterfins » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2019, 07:29:17 pm »

Although I agree with some of your points of view, your comments above that criticize fellow members for their posts, when you are just as guilty, is hypocritical.  This thread started out to be a nice D4L trolling post about what kind of bulletproof vest he should get, and by post #4 you derailed it into talking about Tyson's tweet.  Then in post #23 you brought up Trump and video games; in our society today mentioning Trump is like throwing gasoline on a fire.  So don't get all high and mighty complaining about political posts when you are front and center in the action.  With that said maybe it's time for a moderator to shut down this thread as it stopped being about bullet proof vests early on.  Now I'm left wondering what D4L is going to do to protect himself at the supermarket when a couple housewives are arguing over a head of lettuce.   Huh
Post #4 was an attempt to show how unlikely he was to be in a mass shooting and need a vest, putting things in perspective.  It failed at that.  I was fine with the back and forth before being called a racist for no reason.  I don't take that shit lightly, you can ruin someone's life with words like that, and it's thrown around so cavalier.  I don't hear you complaining about that.  I should be able to bring up the president without everyone going insane, I was even criticizing him about the video game thing.  Whatever I got preachy, sure.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:16 pm »

I was fine with the back and forth before being called a racist for no reason.  I don't take that shit lightly, you can ruin someone's life with words like that, and it's thrown around so cavalier. 

Although we agree on most shit because we're racist homophobic Nazi assholes according to the leftist mods. I can disagree with you that you get too worked up about it. I'm guilty of it too sometimes. However, I'm here for the Miami Dolphins football. There are plenty of other Miami Dolphins topics on here to discuss. That's what I'm here for. And in those other topics there are (or will be soon) really good discussions. It's the off season and it's hot outside. It makes all us all crazy, hahah.

Everyone has there own personal political, religion, and world views. I'll debate anyone about my beliefs, but I ain't going to stress about it. But I ain't gonna get all worked up about it. Do you really care what these people think about you? You shouldn't, that's their plan.

As far as I'm concerned, me and Spider could sit down for nachos and beer and have a good time. I'll be in central Florida in November and December. Who's up for it?

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2019, 10:40:07 pm »

I don't take that shit lightly, you can ruin someone's life with words like that, and it's thrown around so cavalier.  I don't hear you complaining about that.  I should be able to bring up the president without everyone going insane, I was even criticizing him about the video game thing. 

Like I said at the start of my last post, I agree with much of what you are saying.  And I know within the last year I've made a post about the word "racist" being over used, and really not used appropriately.  I've never met anyone from this site (especially since I live in Upstate NY), and most on here haven't physically sat down and spent time with others from this site; a lot gets lost in translation having not made a physical connection with a person.  I could think your the nicest person having never met you, and then meet you and think what a jerk that guy is (or vice versa), so I agree it's troubling when people want to throw around labels based on a few internet posts.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2019, 12:00:28 am »

I do want to clarify this misconception.  I do NOT believe that every single person who cast a ballot for Trump is a racist.  Two of my friends are lifelong republicans who cast their ballots for Trump, and they are not racists.  However, they hate Trump.  They know he is racist.  They feel he is destroying both the country and the republican party.  They voted for him because they hated Hillary more.  One of them is having second thoughts and thinks the country would have better off with her, but horrible in different ways.  The other stands by his decision and that Hillary would have been worse, even though he feels Trump is much worse than he expected.  Both are horribly disappointed that republican senators and  representatives have done nothing to rein him in and was counting on Ryan keep Trump in check.  Both would be thrilled if Trump died cause they love Pence. 

Both are campaigning for William Weld even though they consider him way too liberal and barely a Republican. But would be better than “the current asshole who can’t even manage a hospital visit without being a fucking douche”

Neither are betting Weld will win the nomination but are praying the party regains its sanity in time for the primaries.  Neither has made a final decision on how they will vote if Trump gets the nomination, both say who the democrat is will play a huge factor and it would be a lot easier to hold their noses and vote for Biden than Warren. 

Both of them hate AOC, but are disgusted at the prez for telling her to go back to PR.

And that is consistent with what they said during the Obama administration, they hared Obama.  They thought Obamacare was a horrible law.  They attacked Obama on what they viewed as his flaws, but they also felt the birthers were fucking morons.  Their attitude was their was more than enough legitimate reasons to hate Obama you don’t need to invent bullshit ones.

Sadly, the are a tiny minority of republicans today.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2019, 04:18:41 pm »

I was fine with the back and forth before being called a racist for no reason.  I don't take that shit lightly, you can ruin someone's life with words like that, and it's thrown around so cavalier.
Something else that can ruin - or even end - peoples' lives is when the President of the United States says that a certain ethnic group, comprised of criminals and rapists (and, he assumes, some good people), is invading our country.  But apparently, you believe that saying such things is less dangerous than CALLING that kind of talk "racist."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:30:39 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray