Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:58:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Movie featuring liberal elites hunting red state “deplorables” for sport
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Movie featuring liberal elites hunting red state “deplorables” for sport  (Read 3026 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 07, 2019, 06:22:40 pm »

Another case of love trumps hate hypocrisy. ESPN has pulled a trailer for Universal Pictures and Blumhouse’s The Hunt – a movie reportedly featuring liberal elites hunting red state “deplorables” for sport. Founder Jason Blum is a notorious Trump-hater who was booed off stage in Israel for unprovokedly bashing Trump.

All I can say is if this was the opposite then heads would roll. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7332373/Trailer-violent-movie-Hunt-pulled-wake-triple-mass-shootings.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 07:19:06 pm »

Having just read the description it sounds like the short story written by Richard Connell.  A story which contains violence and murder but doesn’t promote violence and murder.  Without knowing more, I don’t know if this movie keeps with that.  But according to the article the liberals are portrayed as the bad guys and the deplorables are the good guys and win in the end.  So I am doubting the movie is really as much of a liberals promoting violence against Maga as you would like to believe.

I do know that Trump held a campaign rally in El Paso in which he promoted violence against hispanic that inspired the murder to act.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 03:22:41 am »

CF, I can't tell based on your post, but do you agree with this trailer being pulled?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 07:29:30 am »

The last purge movie was the opposite, and probably the worst movie I've ever seen.  This doesn't sound any better.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 08:16:07 am »

CF, I can't tell based on your post, but do you agree with this trailer being pulled?
I don't care either way. I just think if the shoe were on the other foot that the left would be hysterical. If Clint Eastwood made this movie in reverse you wouldn't just be hearing about it on a message board.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 10:40:15 am »

I am pissed that movie about violence is so affectively blamed for what is clearly a gun problem.  Fact is there is way more gun violence in this country.  

Here are the top two things that makes the USA different than all other democracies:

1 owning weapons  of war is considered a right
2 health care is considered a privilege

the other countries also have the same movies, video games, immigrants, drug addictes.  Those are not unique.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:41:54 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 11:18:53 am »

I just watched the trailer.  There doesn't seem to be anything even remotely political about any of it.  It looks like The Most Dangerous Game to me. 

I haven't seen the movie, of course.

Anything to do with hunting people is probably too sensitive after a mass shooting, so it makes sense to pull the ad, given the current climate, though.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 11:22:06 am »

I just watched the trailer.  There doesn't seem to be anything even remotely political about any of it.  It looks like The Most Dangerous Game to me. 

I haven't seen the movie, of course.

Anything to do with hunting people is probably too sensitive after a mass shooting, so it makes sense to pull the ad, given the current climate, though.

If they “delay” it for a better time.  Good luck finding a release window, when there isn’t a mass shooting.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 11:49:49 am »

I am pissed that movie about violence is so affectively blamed for what is clearly a gun problem.  Fact is there is way more gun violence in this country.  

Here are the top two things that makes the USA different than all other democracies:

2 health care is considered a privilege

the other countries also have the same movies, video games, immigrants, drug addictes.  Those are not unique.
This country was founded "by the people" with guns and as such will stay that way. It's one of our doctrine. Our forefathers gave up serving the government but for some reason all democrats and liberals can see as a better life is giving up their, and my rights. The government is supposed to work for us with minimal authority. I can't for the life of me understand wanting to be dependent on it. 

We've had guns in households for hundreds of years and it wasn't that long ago we had them at school legally. No one was getting shot or even threatened. We need to ask ourselves what has changed and it isn't more guns.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 12:34:33 pm »

Read the 29th federalist paper it explains what a well regulated militia is.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 12:58:26 pm »

What exactly do you consider a weapon of war?

Read SCOTUS ruling on 2A. Thanks...

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 01:09:15 pm »

We aren't talking a well regulated militia. We are talking about "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". There is more than one part of this sentence. It doesn't say "being necessary to the security of a free State the right of the people is ONLY to keep and bear Arms in order to form a well regulated militia."

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 01:19:37 pm »

^It really doesn't get more simple than that, it doesn't even leave room for a different interpretation.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 04:33:02 pm »

if the slaughter of elementary school kids gets nothing done legislatively about guns .. nothing will

replace the legislators that are blocking this and try again
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 04:38:20 pm »

if the slaughter of elementary school kids gets nothing done legislatively about guns .. nothing will

replace the legislators that are blocking this and try again
There's nothing you can legislatively do about 350 million firearms. Even if you did, those children will then be slaughtered by something else. Nice try, but no dice...

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray