Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:03:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Movie featuring liberal elites hunting red state “deplorables” for sport
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Movie featuring liberal elites hunting red state “deplorables” for sport  (Read 3040 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 11:19:11 pm »

So the release of this movie was officially cancelled.  Remember everyone, it is the left that is totally intolerant of opposing opinions, and wishes to silence all "politically incorrect" expression.

Just to be clear: my point is not that the left does not criticize things they disagree with.  Rather, it is that the right has made an entire industry focused (insincerely) on trumpeting the danger of silencing unpopular opinions.  They fight tirelessly against politically correct snowflakes and social justice warriors.  But let a company put up a "Happy Holidays" banner, or someone silently kneel during the anthem, or a movie depicting The Wrong Kind of violence, and it is non-stop outrage from the right.

That's the rub.  The left is willing to directly argue against the things we think are bad directly on the merits, whereas the right refuses to defend bad statements on the merits and chooses to distract with complaints about "political correctness" instead.

The ultimate irony is that this is fundamentally a right-wing movie; the premise is that the liberal elites - the villains of the movie - are immoral hypocrites, and that brave patriots from Real America (i.e. the red parts) defeat them.  Oh well!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 11:27:04 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray