Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:06:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Operating under the orders of the president defense.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Operating under the orders of the president defense.  (Read 6338 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 09, 2019, 11:28:06 am »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/08/curt-brockway-montana-national-anthem-assaulter-trump-ordered/1958043001/

Disgusting and disturbing on many levels, but the worst is the defense attorney is seeking is raising a defense that his client though he was following the orders of the president.  While unlikely to secure a not guilty he is most certainly using that to angle for a nominal sentence.  And based on the judge allowing pr instead of bail, the defense seems tobe working.

I know, I know unfair of me to in anyway suggest Trump’s rhetoric incited this violence.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 01:04:41 pm »

"Brockway suffered a traumatic brain injury in a vehicle crash in 2000 that has affected his decision making, and Jasper said he plans to raise that in his client’s defense."

This is a troubled man. Just like the Dayton killer being a Warren supporter and Antifa member . The common denominator is crazy people will find a reason to crazy.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 01:28:23 pm »

"Brockway suffered a traumatic brain injury in a vehicle crash in 2000 that has affected his decision making, and Jasper said he plans to raise that in his client’s defense."

This is a troubled man. Just like the Dayton killer being a Warren supporter and Antifa member . The common denominator is crazy people will find a reason to crazy.

Connor Betts defense atty isn’t raising the Warren told me to do it defense.  And Betts isn’t out on bail.  Brockway isn’t the first person to commit violence to please the president.  But Brockway’s atty is the first to advance that as a legal defense.

I agree he is a troubled crazy man.  Do you agree that releasing him on PR is dangerous. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 01:56:22 pm »

Brockway isn’t the first person to commit violence to please the president.  But Brockway’s atty is the first to advance that as a legal defense.

I'm so old that I remember when people were held responsible for their own actions.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 02:01:48 pm »

I'm all on board Hoodie...while we're at it, let's crucify Jodie Foster for John Hinckley Jr. shooting Reagan.  It's all her fault!   Roll Eyes
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 02:09:59 pm »

I'm so old that I remember when people were held responsible for their own actions.

Just a few months ago you were singing a different tune regarding Guyger.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 02:13:03 pm »

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 02:17:17 pm »

I'm all on board Hoodie...while we're at it, let's crucify Jodie Foster for John Hinckley Jr. shooting Reagan.  It's all her fault!   Roll Eyes

To the best of my knowledge Jodie Foster never said anything to suggest she wanted Reagan to be physically harmed.  

Elizabeth Warren has to the best of my knowledge never advocate physical violence against others.

Trump has on multiple times encouraged physical violence against those for whom he disagrees.  

Encouraging others to commit violence is a crime, inciting violence.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 02:26:14 pm »

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 02:29:50 pm »

Just a few months ago you were singing a different tune regarding Guyger.
Did she plan it out? Did she make a mistake? Who the fuck knows? Either way she needs to be held accountable for her actions. If there is proof that she planned and premeditated to go to a black guy's apartment and kill him, then yes throw the book at her.

In this case, the guy is admitting that he did it and then blamed it on someone else. Two totally different situations, your apples and oranges comparisons are silly.

His lawyer Jasper added that Brockway “certainly didn’t understand it was a crime.”

If this grown adult didn't understand what he did was a crime, then it's obvious that he's got mental problems of some type.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 02:31:04 pm »

^I bet he's a racist too because he supports Trump.   Roll Eyes
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 02:38:12 pm »

Rather than posting pointless memes please explain why “wouldn’t you like to punch them in the mouth” at a campaign rally is not inciting violence.

Or in another thread explain why you don’t consider Trumps comments about Judge Cruiel is not racism.

You accuse me of mental gymnastics.  But you have offered zero analysis to reach your conclusion.  None, zip.  Me and spider have posted lengthy explanation on why Trump is a racist.  Your response has been he is not with zero explication on how you reached that conclusion or poking holes in ours.  

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 02:40:31 pm »

Did she plan it out? Did she make a mistake? Who the fuck knows? Either way she needs to be held accountable for her actions. If there is proof that she planned and premeditated to go to a black guy's apartment and kill him, then yes throw the book at her.

In this case, the guy is admitting that he did it and then blamed it on someone else. Two totally different situations, your apples and oranges comparisons are silly.

His lawyer Jasper added that Brockway “certainly didn’t understand it was a crime.”

If this grown adult didn't understand what he did was a crime, then it's obvious that he's got mental problems of some type.

That almost sounds like you agree the judges decision to release him on PR was an egregious mistake.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 02:51:01 pm »

Rather than posting pointless memes please explain why “wouldn’t you like to punch them in the mouth” at a campaign rally is not inciting violence.

Or in another thread explain why you don’t consider Trumps comments about Judge Cruiel is not racism.

You accuse me of mental gymnastics.  But you have offered zero analysis to reach your conclusion.  None, zip.  Me and spider have posted lengthy explanation on why Trump is a racist.  Your response has been he is not with zero explication on how you reached that conclusion or poking holes in ours.  

You lost me when you called us racists.  You don't deserve any sort of explanation when you blatantly disrespect users.  You've lost all respect from me.

Memes get through what I'd like to say, so memes is what you get.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:53:08 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 02:53:28 pm »

Me and spider have posted lengthy explanation on why Trump is a racist.
You and Spider don't determine anything, much less who is or isn't a racist. You simply have opinions on an anonymous obscure internet forum. For all I know, Hillary could be running this web site and control 95% of the screen names.

That almost sounds like you agree the judges decision to release him on PR was an egregious mistake.
Don't know, didn't read all the tidbits of the article. I simply addressed the "blame it on someone else angle". No one forced this guy to do anything, he made his own decisions. This is just another instance of liberals trying to blame anyone except the actual person responsible.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray