Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Operating under the orders of the president defense.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Operating under the orders of the president defense.  (Read 6184 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 03:16:10 pm »

You lost me when you called us racists.  You don't deserve any sort of explanation when you blatantly disrespect users.  You've lost all respect from me.

Here is your opportunity to change my mind.  Explain to me how Trump’s comments about Judge Cruiel is not racist.  My position is Trump is a racist and by supporting his racism is also racism.

There are two possible counter arguments 1) Trump is in fact not racist.  or 2) Trump is racist but I oppose his racism and support him for other reasons

The second one is the one taken by Ross and early on by many Republicans.  I think that is a very very weak argument.  Fau posted a quote that got to the heart of why supporting a racist is no different from being a racist.  

But that is not the defense you have offered.  You claim he is not a racist.  So explain why it is not racist.  On the face of it saying someone can't be impartial because of his race, is racist. Explain why it isn’t.  

(Oh and by the way there is in fact a non-racist reason that Judge Cruiel might not be impartial in that case, the problems with that argument is it would not disqualify the judge, and you pretty much have to concede that building the wall and other comments by Trump are racist and offensive)

So offer your explanation of why calling you a racist is unfair.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 03:31:17 pm »

Here is your opportunity to change my mind.  Explain to me how Trump’s comments about Judge Cruiel is not racist.  My position is Trump is a racist and by supporting his racism is also racism.

There are two possible counter arguments 1) Trump is in fact not racist.  or 2) Trump is racist but I oppose his racism and support him for other reasons

The second one is the one taken by Ross and early on by many Republicans.  I think that is a very very weak argument.  Fau posted a quote that got to the heart of why supporting a racist is no different from being a racist.  

But that is not the defense you have offered.  You claim he is not a racist.  So explain why it is not racist.  On the face of it saying someone can't be impartial because of his race, is racist. Explain why it isn’t.  

(Oh and by the way there is in fact a non-racist reason that Judge Cruiel might not be impartial in that case, the problems with that argument is it would not disqualify the judge, and you pretty much have to concede that building the wall and other comments by Trump are racist and offensive)

So offer your explanation of why calling you a racist is unfair.  
I really don't give a shit to change your mind.  You think it's acceptable to call me a racist for supporting Trump.  That is not enough reason to call me and others here racist, you're delusional.  That's a personal attack on me and my character and against board rules.  You're a mod, you should know better.  If you're willy-nilly going to call people racists, you can fuck off.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 03:34:18 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 04:20:00 pm »

I really don't give a shit to change your mind.  You think it's acceptable to call me a racist for supporting Trump.  That is not enough reason to call me and others here racist, you're delusional.  That's a personal attack on me and my character and against board rules.  You're a mod, you should know better.  If you're willy-nilly going to call people racists, you can fuck off.

If you support racism you are a racist.  That is not name calling, that is literally applying the definition of the word.  It is literally no different than calling me a liberal.  And yes liberal has been used as an insult on this board. Although I never take it that way.

If I called you a snowflake for getting offended at being called a racist and asked you if you need a safe space then that would be a personal attack. 

I assume you are not such a racist that you want to reinstate the Jim Crow laws.....So lets say someone was to post that they feel CRA was a mistake and we should bring back segregation.  Let’s further assume that some of us called that person a racist.  Is that a personal attack or just an accurate description?   If you going with personal attack then you just don’t accept that words have definitions.  If you agree that it is an accurate description of someone who supports bringing back the Jim Crow laws is racism.  Then explain why Trumps actions are not racist. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 05:01:34 pm »

If you support racism you are a racist.  That is not name calling, that is literally applying the definition of the word.  
I find it funny that some of the more liberal members here get to "apply" literal definitions of words and use statistics to benefit their leftist agendas. However, if I use the literal definition of "normal/abnormal" when talking about LGBT. I'm labeled a homophobe. Or if I use official government statistics to point out that one group is responsible for more violence than other groups. I'm labeled a racist. Funny how that works isn't it. Either literal definitions and official statistics are useful for both sides or they're not. You can't just cherry pick what or ignore what you want.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 05:26:36 pm »

If you support racism you are a racist.  That is not name calling, that is literally applying the definition of the word.  It is literally no different than calling me a liberal.  And yes liberal has been used as an insult on this board. Although I never take it that way.

If I called you a snowflake for getting offended at being called a racist and asked you if you need a safe space then that would be a personal attack. 

I assume you are not such a racist that you want to reinstate the Jim Crow laws.....So lets say someone was to post that they feel CRA was a mistake and we should bring back segregation.  Let’s further assume that some of us called that person a racist.  Is that a personal attack or just an accurate description?   If you going with personal attack then you just don’t accept that words have definitions.  If you agree that it is an accurate description of someone who supports bringing back the Jim Crow laws is racism.  Then explain why Trumps actions are not racist. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 05:31:53 pm »

^^^^ how so?  explain why it is mental gymnastics...what logical flaw did I present? .....what did I stretch? 

You can’t articulate it because you are the one engaging in mental gymnastics to justify your racism as something other than racism.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 05:37:41 pm »

^^^^ how so?  explain why it is mental gymnastics...what logical flaw did I present? .....what did I stretch? 

You can’t articulate it because you are the one engaging in mental gymnastics to justify your racism as something other than racism.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 06:14:03 pm »

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2019, 06:17:11 pm »

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 06:48:51 pm »

I will concede that one to you, the right wing is better at memes.  In fact you thrive on them, rather articulate a complete thought just post a picture and phrase. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2019, 11:31:41 pm »

You lost me when you called us racists.  You don't deserve any sort of explanation when you blatantly disrespect users.  You've lost all respect from me.
It's funny how I'm supposed to be perfectly calm and indifferent discussing whether my race is inherently more violent and/or less intelligent than other races, but if I say "Hey, it's actually racist to say that black people must be more violent," suddenly I'm personally attacking others and being so offensive!

Similarly, you're perfectly fine with defending a man who says that Mexicans are rapists and that a judge is unfit to serve if he is Mexican, yet if we call you out for doing so, you throw a fit and start crying about blatant disrespect by being called a "racist."

If you're going to get on a message board and start defending people who want to disparage entire races, why don't you get some thicker skin?  You don't see me boohooing about "disrespect" and repeatedly shitposting memes every time pondwater cites some BS statistics to "prove" my race is dumb and violent.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:41:01 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2019, 08:18:48 am »

It's funny how I'm supposed to be perfectly calm and indifferent discussing whether my race is inherently more violent and/or less intelligent than other races, but if I say "Hey, it's actually racist to say that black people must be more violent," suddenly I'm personally attacking others and being so offensive!

Similarly, you're perfectly fine with defending a man who says that Mexicans are rapists and that a judge is unfit to serve if he is Mexican, yet if we call you out for doing so, you throw a fit and start crying about blatant disrespect by being called a "racist."

If you're going to get on a message board and start defending people who want to disparage entire races, why don't you get some thicker skin?  You don't see me boohooing about "disrespect" and repeatedly shitposting memes every time pondwater cites some BS statistics to "prove" my race is dumb and violent.

It's a distinction without a difference .. when someone supports a racist politically, I've heard enough. Does their personal racism really matter at that point?
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2019, 12:50:42 pm »

You don't see me boohooing about "disrespect" and repeatedly shitposting memes every time pondwater cites some BS statistics to "prove" my race is dumb and violent.
So FBI crime statistics are BS? I'll be sure to remind you of this "BS statistics" post when you cite your statistics in the future. Do you actually dispute that black people as a group commit more violent crimes than other groups in the US? You need not look past Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, New Orleans, and Jackson MS.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2019, 02:50:10 pm »

The majority of wealthy people in the US are white (much more so than whites as a % of the population), so either the statistics must be BS, or that must mean white people are better at making money than other races!

pondwater, I'm sure you are aware that Nazis used carefully-selected statistics to "prove" that the Jews were a menace, and that the Aryan race is superior.  Hell, in our own country around 100 years ago, there were "scientists" using statistics to prove that the Negro is inferior.  It is not any sort of impressive accomplishment to twist statistics (even factual statistics!) to a faulty conclusion.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: poor people are more likely to commit violent crime in the US, and - due to several centuries of white supremacy - blacks and other people of color are more likely to be poor.  White supremacists focus on their race as a factor, when in fact race is as irrelevant as eye color.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 03:05:01 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 09:48:13 am »

Not sure if I even trust the FBI crime stats on race given they rely on local jurisdictions for the info......

I recall a few years ago a man with a white mom and AA dad raped a woman with an AA mom and white dad and sheriff reported it as black man raped white woman. And the sheriff even made comments about this becoming a problem post-integration. Made the news cycle for less than a day.

According to the FBI’s stats Heather Heyer was NOT a victim of a hate crime. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/08/11/hate-crime-data-federal-reports-heather-heyer-khalid-jabara-sidner-pkg-vpx.cnn

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray