Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:20:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Operating under the orders of the president defense.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Operating under the orders of the president defense.  (Read 6185 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 02:01:57 pm »

Not sure if I even trust the FBI crime stats on race given they rely on local jurisdictions for the info......

I recall a few years ago a man with a white mom and AA dad raped a woman with an AA mom and white dad and sheriff reported it as black man raped white woman. And the sheriff even made comments about this becoming a problem post-integration. Made the news cycle for less than a day.

According to the FBI’s stats Heather Heyer was NOT a victim of a hate crime. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/08/11/hate-crime-data-federal-reports-heather-heyer-khalid-jabara-sidner-pkg-vpx.cnn

IMO, they need to get rid of "hate crimes".   Murder or rape is murder or rape regardless of who does it to whom.   As such, they should be severely punished. 

Also, quit labeling people as "minorities".   People are people and everyone deserves equal treatment.  Nobody should get special or favorable treatment unless they have a disability that requires assistance.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 02:15:09 pm »

IMO, they need to get rid of "hate crimes".   Murder or rape is murder or rape regardless of who does it to whom.   As such, they should be severely punished. 

Also, quit labeling people as "minorities".   People are people and everyone deserves equal treatment.  Nobody should get special or favorable treatment unless they have a disability that requires assistance.

You can’t effectively deploy crime prevention resources unless you know the causes of the crime.  The steps to combat drug related crimes is different than hate crimes.  Preventing date rape is different than preventing someone who randomly stalks someone. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 03:23:14 pm »

I've said this before and I'll say it again: poor people are more likely to commit violent crime in the US, and - due to several centuries of white supremacy - blacks and other people of color are more likely to be poor.
In other words, blacks are more violent. Your words, not mine. Game over, thanks for playing.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 04:13:39 pm »

Hey, you see what you want to see.

I say, "Poor people are more likely to commit violent crime and race isn't a factor in that, but more black people are poor," and you see "Blacks are more  violent."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:22:14 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 01:23:08 pm »

Hey, you see what you want to see.

I say, "Poor people are more likely to commit violent crime and race isn't a factor in that, but more black people are poor," and you see "Blacks are more  violent."
Your math is wacky. Roughly 13% of the population is responsible for roughly 50% of the violent crimes. I would counter that when total population levels of different races are taken into account, there are many more poor white people in the country than poor black people in the country. Therefore, in your scenario actually white people should proportionally make up a much larger percentage of violent crimes. Either way, being poor isn't a reason to assault, rob, or kill others. Refusal to acknowledge the problem or blame it on anything but historic white racism is only going to make things worse. 

It's simple. If whites commit more violent crimes per capita, then they are more violent. If Hispanics commit more violent crimes per capita, then Hispanics are more violent. If Asians commit more violent crimes per capita, then Asians are more violent. If blacks commit more violent crimes per capita, then blacks are more violent.

No one is picking on blacks, that facts are what the facts are. What does the data say? If the data says that whites commit more rape or acts of pedophilia, then great. If the data says that whites suck at sports compared to another racial group, then great. Maybe you should stop using your emotions and stop making excuses for black people, it's not helping them.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 06:07:34 pm »

I would counter that when total population levels of different races are taken into account, there are many more poor white people in the country than poor black people in the country.
Black people (and minorities in general) make up a larger percentage of the poor than they do of the total population.

Though I suppose from your standpoint, that just means blacks are worse at making money. In for a penny, in for a pound, as it were.

I wonder what proportion of mass-murdering terrorists are white compared to the racial demographics of the country as a whole, and what conclusion we can draw about the entire white race from that factual statistic?  What about those who commit financial crimes like insider trading?  Oh, wait... that kind of talk is only allowed when disparaging brown people.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:16:34 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 01:16:03 am »

Let me just add something:

It's simple. If whites commit more violent crimes per capita, then they are more violent. If Hispanics commit more violent crimes per capita, then Hispanics are more violent. If Asians commit more violent crimes per capita, then Asians are more violent. If blacks commit more violent crimes per capita, then blacks are more violent.

This is racism, purely distilled and neatly packaged.

Consider the following statement:

"If blondes commit more violent crimes per capita, then they are more violent. If brunettes commit more violent crimes per capita, then brunettes are more violent. If redheads commit more violent crimes per capita, then redheads are more violent."

Such a statement is obvious nonsense, because we all understand that regardless of the statistical correlation, hair color is not a causative factor in the commission of crimes.

However, you clearly appear to believe that race is a causative factor in the commission of crimes, and that some races are more predisposed to committing crimes than others.  How is that anything but textbook racism?  Do you somehow figure that as long as you don't use the n-word, it must be OK?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:18:19 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2019, 01:18:35 pm »

Black people (and minorities in general) make up a larger percentage of the poor than they do of the total population.
Maybe they do, maybe they don't. I haven't looked into it. I would assume from the gap in population levels that there are more total poor whites in the country than total poor blacks in the country. Do you have any stats to back up your assertation?

I wonder what proportion of mass-murdering terrorists are white compared to the racial demographics of the country as a whole, and what conclusion we can draw about the entire white race from that factual statistic?  What about those who commit financial crimes like insider trading?  Oh, wait... that kind of talk is only allowed when disparaging brown people.
Nope, that kind of talk is just fine with me. There is plenty of negative and bad shit that whites do. If the stats and number add up, it's all good. See, I don't take it personal. Numbers are numbers and facts are facts. If whites rape more, commit more mass murder, or acts of pedophilia. That's cool, it's all good as long as the stats are factual. Then once you admit the problem exists, then you can move to the causes and solutions. Your logic is ass backwards.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2019, 01:34:40 pm »

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. I haven't looked into it. I would assume from the gap in population levels that there are more total poor whites in the country than total poor blacks in the country. Do you have any stats to back up your assertation?
Nope, that kind of talk is just fine with me. There is plenty of negative and bad shit that whites do. If the stats and number add up, it's all good. See, I don't take it personal. Numbers are numbers and facts are facts. If whites rape more, commit more mass murder, or acts of pedophilia. That's cool, it's all good as long as the stats are factual. Then once you admit the problem exists, then you can move to the causes and solutions. Your logic is ass backwards.

the science of what you say here is just all wrong..

First off you conflate totals with proportions .. and then you go on to reinforce racial identity as causal to behavior. which by the way is the text book definition of racism. It doesn't matter that you can find a commonality and then a behavior and then attribute it to race. That assumes right up front that race and race alone is a factor in behavior. And it is not.  Wealth is. That's the problem with the whole narrative. The wealth gap is what correlates to the crime statistics.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2019, 01:38:16 pm »

Such a statement is obvious nonsense, because we all understand that regardless of the statistical correlation, hair color is not a causative factor in the commission of crimes.

However, you clearly appear to believe that race is a causative factor in the commission of crimes, and that some races are more predisposed to committing crimes than others.  How is that anything but textbook racism?  Do you somehow figure that as long as you don't use the n-word, it must be OK?
You keep referring to the color of one's skin. The color of one's skin isn't the causative factor. The actual factor in my opinion, is actually black culture and upbringing. Which will always be intertwined with the color of ones skin. Racial and racist is not the same thing like you seem to think.

Regardless of what you say, roughly 13% of the population is committing roughly 50% of the violent crime in the country. That data point says that when it comes to the issue of violent crime, the black population well above statistical norms for all other groups. IE, blacks commit more violence as a group, hence they are a more violent as a group. Sorry you don't like how facts work. But hey, feel free to just indiscriminately throw the "racist" term around all willy nilly and see if it sticks.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2019, 01:51:57 pm »

^^^ I love it.  The  color of skin isn't the reason,  it is the culture associated with the color of skin. Holy shit.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2019, 01:53:02 pm »

the science of what you say here is just all wrong..

First off you conflate totals with proportions .. and then you go on to reinforce racial identity as causal to behavior. which by the way is the text book definition of racism. It doesn't matter that you can find a commonality and then a behavior and then attribute it to race. That assumes right up front that race and race alone is a factor in behavior. And it is not.  Wealth is. That's the problem with the whole narrative. The wealth gap is what correlates to the crime statistics.
As noted in the last post, race and culture are 2 different things that can't be unraveled from each other. All races have different cultures and belief systems. Cultures and belief systems influence behaviors. So it's not the actual race or color that is attributed to the behaviors, it's the cultures that a particular race have adopted.

Anyhow, white, black, or green. You're still attempting to make excuses for people's bad behavior. Being poor is no excuse to rape, rob, or kill people. Are people in the Middle East and Africa more violent than people in the US?

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2019, 02:00:25 pm »

^^^ I love it.  The  color of skin isn't the reason,  it is the culture associated with the color of skin. Holy shit.
So you're saying that that black culture isn't a reason for violence? Or maybe bad upbringing in fatherless homes? If not, what do you attribute the spike in black violence over all other groups? Since blacks make up only around 13% of the total population, there have to be at least as many poor whites as there are poor blacks, if not more. Why aren't they committing violent crime at the same pace as blacks? What's the reason? Is it because the liberals think I'm a racist? Is it my fault? LMFAO....

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 03:43:21 pm »

Maybe if we say "poverty" or "wealth gap" a few more times, you'll figure it out?

Let's try this: if I provide factually accurate statistics showing that black people have less average wealth than white people in the US, will you stop insisting that skin color "black culture" is a causative factor in crime?

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 04:05:42 pm »

Maybe if we say "poverty" or "wealth gap" a few more times, you'll figure it out?

Let's try this: if I provide factually accurate statistics showing that black people have less average wealth than white people in the US, will you stop insisting that skin color "black culture" is a causative factor in crime?
Nope, because average wealth doesn't make people CHOOSE to kill other people. It's ok, you can be wrong. I won't lose any sleep.

Oh, by the way. When you say that "blacks are more likely to be poor." It's no different than saying "blacks are more likely to be violent." You're using a set of statistical data to make a general negative determination about a racial group. But just like the liberal playbook says, "no one else can use statistical data and literal definitions of words but us".

Therefore, "You clearly appear to believe that race is a causative factor whether someone is poor or not, and that some races are more predisposed to being poor than others.  How is that anything but textbook racism?" So, are you a racist, a hypocrite, or both?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray