Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:20:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  How was Jeffrey Epstein able to kill himself?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How was Jeffrey Epstein able to kill himself?  (Read 2841 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 11:21:38 am »

I'm not one of the victims and can't presume to tell them how to feel, but I don't understand that.

He's dead.  He wouldn't have gotten the death penalty - ostensibly the most serious punishment - even if convicted.  I can understand the idea that a life in prison is worse than death, but in that case, why do we have the death penalty at all?
I think it's more of the fact they wanted him have to face them and what he had done. If you've ever known someone who did something terrible ... it's much easier for them to move on and pretend it didn't happen than to have to face the ones they wronged. Many times that is worse than the punishment for their crimes. 

"Jennifer Araoz, who accused Epstein of raping her in his Manhattan mansion when she was 15 years old, said: 'We have to live with the scars of his actions for the rest of our lives, while he will never face the consequences of the crimes he committed the pain and trauma he caused so many people,' she said."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 11:32:04 am »

It's a very Western way of grieving to do it in the open. Some victims want their day in court....to be publicly validated and their suffering acknowledged.  To help expose people that may have helped their abuser.  So, his death denies them of that and can be seen as an easy way out.

Some family members of mine were pretty horrifically murdered in a gruesome and public case a few years ago.  Their children seem to seek justice through the still ongoing legal battle.  I imagine if the dudes just turned up dead in a cell one day, that they'd feel cheated of that justice.  ...can't say for sure though.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray