Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:30:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Snowflakes who can't handle disagreement (split from "bulletproof vests" thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Snowflakes who can't handle disagreement (split from "bulletproof vests" thread)  (Read 826 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: August 06, 2019, 09:44:16 pm »

Splitting this from the other thread, as it has nothing to do with guns:

First off .... I don't know some of them and Muhammad Ali was the most popular fighter that has ever lived.
He wasn't when he was blackballed from boxing because he was a religious objector to the Vietnam War draft, and writers were receiving bomb threats for defending him.

This is Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Olympics:

They were suspended by the US Olympic Team and received death threats when they returned to the US.  (The Australian sprinter who won silver, Peter Norman, did not raise his fist, but he did wear an Olympic project for Human Rights badge in solidarity with his fellow medalists.  Australia immediately removed him from the team, and chose not to send any sprinter at all to the 1972 Olympics after Norman won every qualifying event.)

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was an NBA player who chose to stay seated during the national anthem in 1996 in protest of anti-Islamic rhetoric.  He was suspended, fined, and (again) received death threats.

Let's keep in mind that Smith, Carlos, Abdul-Rauf, and Kaepernick's protests were all silent.  This was enough for all of them to receive death threats from our free-speech-loving, tough-skinned friends on the right.

Colin Kaepernick is a QB who isn't worth the trouble he brings with him whether it being his support of dictators or disrespecting the flag.
It almost sounds like a few disagreements with Colin Kaepernick caused conservatives to get butthurt and insecure.

The Dixie Chicks separated themselves from their fans ... of which I'm not. There is a huge difference between having a different opinion and a person throwing that opinion in your face whenever they get the chance. Who in their right mind would give that same person money to abuse you?
Based on your previous statement, I believe the answer to that question is, "People who are secure enough in themselves to remain in a relationship beyond a few disagreements."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:49:45 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:08:50 pm »

<crickets chirping>

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray