Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:28:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  My newest Star Wars costume
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My newest Star Wars costume  (Read 1092 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 12, 2019, 10:45:05 am »

I've been building this thing for months and it's finally done.  I have a few extra, optional pieces to do, like a voice system and a pauldron, but it's finished.  I'm really happy with the result.  I wore it to a local convention over the weekend and the reception was great.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:47:25 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:11:21 am »

That looks movie set quality. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 11:11:50 am »

Bad ass costume Dave! How does the voice system work? That could be really cool to add.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 11:21:08 am »

I already have multiple electronics in the suit.  In the helmet, there are fans.  They kinda keep you cool, but more than that, they circulate the air so that the mask isn't muggy, giving you a moist face and fogging up the eyes.  The trade-off there is that it's loud inside and you can't really hear very well anyway, since you have a bucket on your head.

So, to combat that, I have headphones that feed into a microphone that is mounted in the slit in my upper chest.

Those electronic are done.

The voice system is purchased, but I haven't yet mounted it.  I think I'm most likely to put it in the pouches in the belt, but I have to see how it all fits together.

The voice is 3 main pieces.  A little amp/speaker, a bluetooth mic in my helmet, and I'm using an app on an old iPhone that modifies my voice to sound a little more Stormtrooperish, but also adds Star Wars "radio chatter", specific to my character....kinda like a Stormtrooper police scanner  ...updates on Kylo Ren's shuttle, warnings, familiar Imperial droid chirps, etc.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:36:50 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 01:21:19 pm »

Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray