Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:17:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tannehill may start over Mariota
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tannehill may start over Mariota  (Read 1671 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: August 18, 2019, 08:23:18 am »

I found this interesting. He wasn't a franchise QB but he wasn't as bad as people made him out to be either.

https://tenntruth.com/2019/08/11/tennessee-titans-tannehill-mariota/

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 09:10:40 am »

I found this interesting. He wasn't a franchise QB but he wasn't as bad as people made him out to be either.

https://tenntruth.com/2019/08/11/tennessee-titans-tannehill-mariota/

He is not great, he is no horrible either.  He is a weak starter or a strong back up.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 02:30:09 pm »

Mariota is always getting hurt.   Tannehill never really got hurt until that knee injury he sustained.   Then he tried to come back for it without surgery and that cost him another season.  He should've had the surgery to begin with.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 12:32:41 am »

If I had to choose between the two I would take Tannehill. 

P.S. I have a Tannehill Jersey for sale, XXL, accepting offers.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 08:01:36 am »

He is not great, he is no horrible either.  He is a weak starter or a strong back up.

Tannehill had a lot of potential and I genuinely believe he could have become a top 5 quarterback behind a decent line. Until his injury. After he came back, he was struggling in ways he wasn't previously, plus missing a year and a half in and of itself just naturally reduces the probability he could progress significantly.

At this point, if I were a coach, I'd want to see him perform in an actual game under pressure before giving him the job. Of course, the only way to see him in a situation like that is if gets the job first, so baring a Mariota injury or Tannehill *significantly* outperforming Mariota in practice week in and week out, I don't see him starting.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 08:46:34 pm »

Tannehill had a lot of potential and I genuinely believe he could have become a top 5 quarterback behind a decent line.

Never put a young QB behind a bad O-Line.   It will ruin him.   See David Carr

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 03:31:31 pm »

In other former Dolphin QB news - KC backup Chad Henne broke his ankle, so the Chiefs quickly signed Matt Moore.  With Luck's retirement the Colts have brought in Brock Osweiller for a visit this week.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 08:34:37 am »

In other former Dolphin QB news - KC backup Chad Henne broke his ankle, so the Chiefs quickly signed Matt Moore.  With Luck's retirement the Colts have brought in Brock Osweiller for a visit this week.

It's crazy to me Chad Henne is still in the league. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 01:56:12 pm »

When is Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green, and Chad Pennington gonna get signed as backups? LMAO...

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 05:07:44 pm »

It's crazy to me Chad Henne is still in the league. 

Hey, he was an okay quarterback. Not like that deer-in-headlights kid we drafted. Can't recall his name... hitting up drafthistory.com... Pat White. And when even a stiff like John Beck can hang around the league for years and manage to start 3 games for the Redskins after blowing it completely with the Dolphins, well, let's just say that Henne's worst season (with > 2 attempts) was better than Beck's best.

Just looked up Pat White's stats. Second round pick manages going zero of five with a sack and a fumble. Damn, that kid just was not an NFL quarterback.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray